Georgian Court University Employee Reviews in United States

A very nice school in need of a change in direction
Director (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, NJApril 1, 2016
You'd be hard-pressed to find an environment more friendly and kind-hearted than GCU. From the offer of employment, through new employee orientation, everything was handled great. The university was going through a massive change in leadership at the time I was hired and I fault many of the complications on that. They were also going co-educational, which created many obstacles.

The university definitely needs a change in enrollment management if it is going to survive in the long-term.

However, as a place to work, it is a lovely school with dedicated people and a truly delightful student body. While many of the students have remedial needs, they are open to learning and getting the help. With some structural changes, they could thrive. I just worry that their "declining location" will make it difficult to attract students.

It's a shame--such a nice place!!!
Pros
Free lunch, Great colleagues, Stunning campus, Polite students, Nuns
Cons
Poor operating cash flow, deteriorating town around gorgeous campus, supervisors not trained to be leaders even if well meaning.
Extremley professional setting, fun to work with the staffs, learn a lot about myself and the job
Student Life Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, NJMarch 4, 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the students happy' typical day in the office is filling paper work, answer phone calls and typing documents.
it was great
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, NJJanuary 16, 2016
Georgian Court University’s graduates—personally and collectively—contribute positive change in your world.

Join the GCU community of scholarship, empowerment and friendships, built on the contributions of more than 1,600 undergraduates and 700 graduate students. You will experience a life-affirming education in the Catholic Mercy tradition, which holds fast to the foundational values of justice, integrity, respect, compassion, and service.

At GCU, you don’t just talk about these values—you put them to work in the classroom, in the community, and later, in your career. From social justice and science to health care and education, the Catholic Mercy tradition connects your passion to your chosen profession, and compels you to serve those in need.
Productive and fun environment
Internship (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, NJJuly 26, 2015
Work with the Assistant Director of Athletics to make sure game day programs were made and set up for games. Learned more about sports and statistics. Great co-workers and always lend a hand when in need.
Pros
Playing sports at lunch time
Productive and fun
Educational Opportunity Fund- Office Clerk (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, NJApril 4, 2015
I absolutely love my co-workers and the student that I work with. A typical day here consist of me doing some computer work. Such as enter data and renewing information on files. I learn something new here every day. So far I have enhance my skills with using Microsoft. The hardest part of the job is remembering everyone information. There is over five hundred student information that I have to keep up with on a daily bases. I love having the opportunity to talk to the students about their education and encourage them to stay focused.
Pros
I meet new people everyday
Student Worker (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, NJApril 2, 2015
Fast pace and easy to learn. Very nice co workers and great hours. Got to meet plenty of new people. An influensive place to be.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Short Breaks
A day at the office!
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, NJJanuary 14, 2015
As a keyholder, I would open the office generally 20 minutes early to turn on the machines, computers, etc. I have always liked getting to my jobs earlier than everyone else. I prioritized my daily schedule, greeted employees as they would come in to the office for the day. I loved my co-workers. Most of them were college students, and I was their work-study supervisor. I prepared their timesheets, kept track of their hours. We were the college tutoring center, and the work study students were peer tutors. I think they looked up to me and respected me. I learned alot from them, as I do believe they learned alot from me as well. My supervisor was not always pleasant to be around. Many times, the hardest part of my job was dealing with her. She had a not so great reputation and unfortunately I was on the receiving end of the nasty stick! I loved my job. I loved the work, loved the people,all except one and felt very comfortable in the environment. I had been at GCU from 2002-2005 then again from 2007-2011 and it had become like a home to me. I was very sad to have to leave in 2011, after there were campus-wide layoffs. The departments were redesigned to combine secretaries, and as I was only part time, I was one of the first to go.
Pros
the nature of my work... my job itself
Enjoyable workplace.
Staff (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, NJNovember 19, 2014
The students made working here wonderful. A lot of flexibility and positive outlooks. Cons are lower pay scale and not a lot of room for advancement.
Hidden gem
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, NJMay 28, 2014
I loved working at Georgian Court. From the gorgeous campus to the super nice supervisors and staff, this place had it all. I still keep in touch with the nun I worked for.
Pros
beautiful campus, top notch staff and faculty.
Cons
not much advancement.
Great place
Graduate Assistant for Residence Life (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, NJMay 13, 2014
There is no typical day at work. Work load varies depending on semester and student needs. Most enjoyable part of the job is connecting with others.
Summary
DIRECTOR (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, NJApril 28, 2014
The most enjoyable part of the job is working with students. When working with students, there isn't any such thing as a "typical day" at the office.
Great place, wonderful staff
Game Day Operations and Sports Information (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, NJSeptember 12, 2013
Learned a plethora of communication strategies in the Athletics and Marketing departments.
Pros
great staff
Cons
understaffed
A fun active work place
Desk Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, NJApril 7, 2013
A typical day working for PALS insisted on me watching over children and engaging in fun activities.
My co-workers worked together to create events and keep an safe environment.
I enjoyed this job very much so.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
Work Study
Data Entry speed of 6,400 KPH (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, NJAugust 31, 2012
Had to find way to pay tuition or part of it
school based