Geoshack Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Lack of training
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  MIAugust 3, 2017
Here during the interview so many things were promised but nothing was even attempted to being kept. No training due to other techs not wanting to share commision . Travel was offered for training. But when i traveled non was provided and spent money out of mt own pocket.. illegal work methods. The list goes on.
Pros
Vechicle provided
Cons
Lack of training. Seniority stumps all new. Poor management
Great people
Service Tech/Counter Sales (Former Employee) –  HoustonFebruary 28, 2017
Geoshack has great people. A lot is asked of each employee to the point where It can be difficult to complete all of the tasks each day. There is high turn over and in reality most people besides the top few sales men are looking for another position. It is a national company so results may vary.
Pros
Fun friendly work environment
Cons
Felt like there was always a crisis.
Great Coworkers and Customers.
Delivery Driver/Sales (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 21, 2016
My experience with GeoShack was very pleasent, my coworkers were great to work with and we all helped eachother out. Depending on your role with GeoShack there is alot of earning potential. You get a company phone and laptop ( Always a plus) and free lunch at least once a month. ( Great as well) Managment was okay, My regional manager was very hard to talk to. He was always very busy and at times could not help with things that needed to be addressed immediately. The technology and instruments are awesome. It is a really interesting industry and always evolving.
Pros
Great coworkers and customers
Cons
Managment should have more time for us.
Excellent Work Schedule
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  USAAugust 2, 2016
Business hours are 7:00-5:30 Monday through Friday.
Get to work very closely with customers, vendors, and other employees scattered all over the US and Canada.
The work schedule is probably the best part of the job.
Hardest part is the communication w/management. They spend several hours a couple days a week on "conference calls."
Pros
Work Schedule
Cons
Communication
Good experience
File Clerk (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 7, 2016
I went to work and got what I was going to file that day. It was a great experience on what to expect and to follow the rules. The hardest part was how repetetive it got but I'm good at doing jobs like that.
Great co-workers who enable selling the survey equipment
General Construction Supply Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 27, 2016
I enjoyed my time at this office, made friends, and learned a new industry. The hours were long, but the pay was good for the type of work I did.
Pros
Free lunch on inventory days
Cons
Management needs improvement
On paper looks great
General Construction Specialist (Current Employee) –  houston, txFebruary 27, 2015
This company is terrible. No management, no hierarchy, worked like a slave and paid like a peasant. A typical day here consists of constantly putting out fires other people set then being yelled at because you didn't do your job efficiently. They lack any sense of what leadership means as well as what it means to be accountable.
Pros
company phone
Cons
everything else
good company
GPS Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 14, 2013
management is close minded. there was no possibility for raises until you had been there for ten years. no matter how well you were doing or the praises you received from the customers you had helped. i told my boss that my laptop was damaged. after waiting for almost a month, i just bought one. i was not given what i needed to do my job. i had to do it for myself. co-workers were "what is in it for me" mind set.
the hardest part was being sent out to fix something i did not know anything about.
the best thing was hearing back from those customers on well the system worked. and how good of a job i did.
Pros
great customers
Cons
bad management
GPS Electronic Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 11, 2013
Work was steady. I would give a estimate and call the customer to give a estimate. Getting the go ahead, I would manage my repair in order and repair the urgent one's as well. Management was very professional. Co-workers were nice and easy to talk to.
Pros
Good work place
Cons
telling customers the repair is going to be expensive