Geoshack Employee Reviews

Excellent Work Schedule
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  USAAugust 2, 2016
Business hours are 7:00-5:30 Monday through Friday.
Get to work very closely with customers, vendors, and other employees scattered all over the US and Canada.
The work schedule is probably the best part of the job.
Hardest part is the communication w/management. They spend several hours a couple days a week on "conference calls."
Pros
Work Schedule
Cons
Communication
good company
GPS Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 14, 2013
management is close minded. there was no possibility for raises until you had been there for ten years. no matter how well you were doing or the praises you received from the customers you had helped. i told my boss that my laptop was damaged. after waiting for almost a month, i just bought one. i was not given what i needed to do my job. i had to do it for myself. co-workers were "what is in it for me" mind set.
the hardest part was being sent out to fix something i did not know anything about.
the best thing was hearing back from those customers on well the system worked. and how good of a job i did.
Pros
great customers
Cons
bad management
Great co-workers who enable selling the survey equipment
General Construction Supply Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 27, 2016
I enjoyed my time at this office, made friends, and learned a new industry. The hours were long, but the pay was good for the type of work I did.
Pros
Free lunch on inventory days
Cons
Management needs improvement
Good experience
File Clerk (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 7, 2016
I went to work and got what I was going to file that day. It was a great experience on what to expect and to follow the rules. The hardest part was how repetetive it got but I'm good at doing jobs like that.
On paper looks great
General Construction Specialist (Current Employee) –  houston, txFebruary 27, 2015
This company is terrible. No management, no hierarchy, worked like a slave and paid like a peasant. A typical day here consists of constantly putting out fires other people set then being yelled at because you didn't do your job efficiently. They lack any sense of what leadership means as well as what it means to be accountable.
Pros
company phone
Cons
everything else
GPS Electronic Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 11, 2013
Work was steady. I would give a estimate and call the customer to give a estimate. Getting the go ahead, I would manage my repair in order and repair the urgent one's as well. Management was very professional. Co-workers were nice and easy to talk to.
Pros
Good work place
Cons
telling customers the repair is going to be expensive