Gerber Collision & Glass

Gerber Collision & Glass United States Employee Reviews

Poor workplace
Painters Assistant, Teardown Technician, CSR (Former Employee), multiple in the orlando areaJanuary 22, 2015
Cons: management and supplies
As corporations go they have a very high standard that is poorly enforced. They have no idea how to properly treat employees and tend to feel that having a job there is a mere gift to which they must be praised. The upper management on the distract level is poorly done to the point they have no concept of how to handle day to day issues like major equiptment failure more than preventive maintenance on any of the "shop equipment"
PRODUCTIVE
General Manager (Current Employee), Atlanta, GANovember 14, 2014
Great company always looking for ways to improve and grow in ever changing environment
horrible
body tech (Former Employee), ColoradoAugust 28, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: everything
Do not work at Gerber unless you like low pay, no equipment, and no organization. Nothing but used and after market parts they will pay almost nothing to fix or will have to do for free if less than 2 hours repair. Avoid at all costs you have been warned.
Productive and ejoyable work environment.
CSR/Estimator in Training (Former Employee), Portage, INJuly 14, 2014
Pros: set schedule
Cons: no benefits for part-time employees
A typical day at work for me was coming in and checking my desk to see what was needed to be done, creating R.O.s and making sure accounting was completed first thing in the morning and my desk was cleared of all day's work before I went home. I loved working here because it was a steady job with a set schedule and I was good at my job. I learned a lot working here such as how to create repair orders, how to set up tows and rentals, how to communicate better with customers, how to operate CCC1 software, how to do pre-inspections on vehicles, and how to run checks through the check machine and process the information into accounting. There really wasn't a hard part to my job. I was good at my job. I would say that the most tedious part of the job was copying over Allstate estimates into CCC1. My most enjoyable part of the job was when I ran checks and process the information into accounting and when copying over Allstate estimates into CCC1.
Gerber collision is a revolving door for managers so with that being said it is a poorly run body shop. Expecting A1 service with poor management,
Estimator (Former Employee), ChicagoJune 24, 2014
Pros: close to home
Cons: for a corporate company it is run like a 2nd store.
I would never recommend a customer or an employee. I have done so and you get a bad rep. for the referral. I got a body man to work at one of the Gerber Collision stores and he told me that how Gerber Collision works and runs things is a big joke. He is trying to find another body shop that is more professional.
Not professional at all. Office manager was immature.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Ellicott CityApril 21, 2014
Cons: under paid, zero respect, not professional
Not professional at all. Office manager was immature and insulted employees. Did not train properly and scolded workers when a mistake occurred. Did enjoy working with customers.
Management is a JOKE!
CSR (Former Employee), Washington StateAugust 7, 2013
This is the WORST company that I have ever worked for! I don't have enough room here to explain everything that you should know before working for Gerber but here is a start. Was hired as a CSR and was given NO training and was expected to know what I was doing. They claim to place a very high standard on customer service and they bombard the customer with surveys and pressure the customer to rate a high score all the while ignoring the fact that putting someone in that job with no experience will make poor scores and makes the whole shop look stupid! I for one would not want someone who didn't know what they were talking about repairing my car! Management lies!!! I was promised things I never got. Moving me from location to location (I quickly found out this is "Gerber Standard" as I was told by other workers). The store that they moved me to was in dire straights from poor management, and lack of care. Upper management oblivious to the issues until they have to answer to their boss about them. They close files before car is gone to make the numbers reflect what they want them to so that they get their bonuses (yet when customer service scores suffer so do employee bonuses). The problem with this is the pilot program they have in place that texts the customer each time the repair plan has been modified is automated to send out inaccurate texts to the customer telling them that their car is complete when it is not. Management MAKES you use this system even though it is confusing to the customer and makes the customer very angry and thus customer service scores suffer and you – more... get to be the one that answers angry phone calls from customers about it. Furthermore, when there is a bad review from customers it is the store level employees that are blamed. Management sends out derogatory emails to everyone pointing the finger for causing the bad scores and threatening you with termination in a very unsuccessful, old school management technique if you don't "get it handled" (this is shared with your peers) Working for this set of managers was like working for the gestapo! I would love to send this information to the executives at cooperate but fear that it would be a waste of breath. In the off chance that a any of them see this you may want to look into these accusations as I have nothing to loose now that I don't work for the company but the word on the street is Gerber sucks and that they would never work for them again! – less
Very stressful atmosphere. to much corporate BS
body tech (Former Employee), Pa.May 9, 2013
Pros: close to home
I worked for Gerber late 2012. The company has a major turn around issue due to their lack of feelings for the employees. No one wants to work there. There was a Manager and a district Manager there at all times which made life confusing every day. The management staff does not know the collision industry enough to manage a shop properly, to worried about Facebook and other non important issues. The only high light was the employees in the shop were nice. Do not work for this company.
Very Busy and Productive Work Place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), ELmhurst Il, 60126April 29, 2013
Pros: was able to help customers.
Cons: unprofessional managers and no leadership. pay
My typical day at Gerber Collision and Glass was based on creating work orders and providing excellent customer service. I learned that working with an auto glass company the atmosphere can get very hectic and sometime you just need to calm down and work slowly. Working for management was horrible most of them are very immature,unprofessional and the other half is ignorant to their own positions. The hardest part to my job was having to do mine and the managers at the same time. The most enjoyable party of my job was connecting with the customers and also the paychecks.
Untrustworthy and poor upper management structure
Repair Process Manager (Former Employee), Dublin, OH 43016April 15, 2013
Cons: unclear individual goals, no training plan, poor career guidance, poor pay
Was employed for under 60 days. Was never written up, given written or organized training, was moved to start at different location than hired for, was terminated by manager for "performance" without any documented reason or explaination

About Gerber Collision & Glass

Twisted metal is music to the ears at True2Form Collision Repair Centers.┬áThe company┬áspecializes in bodywork and paint jobs on – Read more

Gerber Collision & Glass Salaries