Gerber Employee Reviews

Future opputunties
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Tigard, OROctober 4, 2017
I believe Gerber is a good place to work because it will help me pursue possible promotions and other oppurtunties that will help me in the future tnx
Pros
The skills this job teaches helped me very much.
Cons
The layout of the warehouse
Very busy working environment.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILSeptember 19, 2017
Answering an average of 40 calls a day. Helping customers find correct piece of broken glass on correct vehicle. Working with insurance companies. Deductibles and pay out of pocket prices. Took accident reports for customers.

Emergency roadside assistance. Find a vendor to assist customers in such things as car accidents, flat tires, car break downs,ect.
Too lean to be effective
Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Tolland, CTSeptember 18, 2017
After rounds of layoffs and headcount reduction, Gerber is too lean to be effective at growth. Senior management is not based at headquarters, so there is a communication and strategy gap.
Pros
Good technology; industry leader
Cons
Short term thinking leads to not fully developed product releases
good overall.
aseptic kitchen operator (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARAugust 24, 2017
Lots of opportunity for movement to different duties. Pay was good and great benefits like legal insurance. Good schedule and opportunity for overtime.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
union not reliable
Not the worst thing
Test Engineering Analyst (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORJune 14, 2017
Not rewarded for extra work and being a salary employee you're almost taken advantage of to give the company an upper hand.

You are given time to deal with personal/medical problems, free sick days--so that's nice.

The management, for my team, was very inexperienced.

Compensation is very low for workload.
Pros
Unlimited sick days
Cons
Low compensation, Management stretched too thin due to turnover
NIce hours
Auditor (Former Employee) –  Summerville, SCMarch 6, 2017
I actually liked working there, I had to stop working due to transportation issues. while working at Gerber I started as a box wrapper for shipment then worked up to a auditor.
Pros
good hours
Cons
location
worked on line
Food Line (warehouse) (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCMarch 1, 2017
worked standing on line inspecting food coming in off delivery truck. physical job standing and bending. enjoyed working for the company. nice atmosphere
over all a fair place to work
Technician (Former Employee) –  Normal, ILDecember 31, 2016
fair treatment but was not accepting of anything. Which I ca understand but I was sick twice and was let go I cant help getting sick.
Pros
fair treatment but poor common understanding
Cons
Very short with people
Pay is great
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Fort Smith, AROctober 31, 2016
Pay is great and company is too but hours and overtime are being cut for several months. I work overtime since I started 4years ago and used to making at least $1,000 a week or more
fun and productive job
PICKER/PACKER (Former Employee) –  Goose Creek, SCJuly 11, 2016
with a much bigger team to co-workers it made the work day a little easier. It was exercise throughout the day, constantly working. Gerber was a at your pace but a production base job. The managers and co-workers made it interesting and easy to find products and finish each day productively.
Pros
hours
Cons
hot
I enjoy working. I am easy to get along with and have a good attitude
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARJune 11, 2016
I like people. I get along with my co workers. I am better at mechanical jobs. The hardest part of my job is when I have to use the computer.
I was working here only a couple months.
Polishing Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Tualatin, ORMay 10, 2016
Loaded parts into polishing machine, emptied abrasive powder and monitored machine. Unloaded parts and sent to assembly department.
Good Experience
Temp Employee (Former Employee) –  Plant, ARSeptember 24, 2015
Good job experience at Gerber, I was in a new city and didn't know anybody. I learned a lot from this company that I can take with me on other jobs.
assemble knives sitting in a chair really repetitive.
assembly (Former Employee) –  Tigard, ORApril 15, 2015
overall it was an ok place to work id rather do something not so repetitive. i hated the fact that i had to sit down all day for most of the job, the people there were really friendly as well as the management.
Pros
the people there were really nice
Cons
too repetitive
Good paying job with good benefits and laid back environment.
Factory worker (Current Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARFebruary 21, 2015
A typical day at work would be I come in and get all of my paper work ready and go out to the line, and continually check the line and make sure it is working properly. Management is good, my supervisor is a friendly and nice supervisor. My co-workers are fun and help create a fun environment. The hardest part of the job is I have to be on the line for three hours at a time and during that time I am by myself which makes for a slow night. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people I work with, they are fun and even the supervisor is laid back.
Pros
Good pay rate, and a fun environment, good benefits.
Cons
Short breaks, spending most of the time alone.
An unorgainize work place
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Goose creek,SCJuly 21, 2014
To me it was a learning experience for me and what I have learned was to, maintain speed, accuracies, and manage time, the management was kind of ok until they hassle you if you just coming from the restroom. The co-workers were a bit edgy but it was pretty relaxed the hardest about the job was being able to get your number in the time we are suppose to when the product is not in location. The thing I liked about the job was that I was able to grow with them and learn different things and showed me how to consume my time and work.
Pros
Cons
our department would have shorter breaks then the others
Comfortable environment
Porter (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILMarch 11, 2014
A typical day at work was very "self starter" based. Always knew what needed to be worked on right away and was a laid back place. I learned a lot about auto based work which was interesting.

Management was excellent, had very good communication and relationships with management.

Co-workers were very down to earth and friendly.

Hardest part of the job was the end of the month deadlines to get 25+ cars out in one day.

Most enjoyable part of the job was the independency you were given.
Pros
Guaranteed hours and benefits
Cons
Chemicals frequently lingering in shop area
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARDecember 13, 2013
Worked on maintaining equipment and running projects in the plant.
Pros
Enjoyed the people I worked with.
Cons
Set Daily Routine with the comfort of knowing the Job but also running into situations that help u learn and succeed to the next level of experience!
Shipping and Recieving Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, AROctober 27, 2013
I'd show up to work early enough to properly prepare myself with the necessary safety precautions.

I learned how to keep books and make scheduled appointments
I learned how to do the necessary computer and book work for the Shipping and receiving office. How to solve problems and more.

I loved my co-workers we all worked together as a team and if anybody had a question or needed help we helped one another.

The hardest part of the Job would have had to of been learning exports and Imports to and from other countries.

The most enjoyable part of the Job was being able to work with other people and to have the opportunity to really enjoy the whole experience in general. Also Feeling like I played a important role in running the plant where there were only two positions.
Pros
Reliable means of good income to support my son and bills, while enjoying my job.
Cons
Simply the smell of the plant.
This was a great experience for me.
CNC operator (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNSeptember 24, 2013
I got to work early, turned on the machines, gathered the emails with the work orders and started cutting fabric. I loved this job because I was able to learn how to use this machine. I loved my management team and the only reason I am not still there is the factory closed the doors.
Pros
Learning new machines
Cons
Plant closed