Gerber

Gerber Employer Reviews

Comfortable environment
Porter (Former Employee), Downers Grove, ILMarch 11, 2014
Pros: guaranteed hours and benefits
Cons: chemicals frequently lingering in shop area
A typical day at work was very "self starter" based. Always knew what needed to be worked on right away and was a laid back place. I learned a lot about auto based work which was interesting.

Management was excellent, had very good communication and relationships with management.

Co-workers were very down to earth and friendly.

Hardest part of the – more... job was the end of the month deadlines to get 25+ cars out in one day.

Most enjoyable part of the job was the independency you were given. – less
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee), Fort Smith, ARDecember 13, 2013
Pros: enjoyed the people i worked with.
Cons: long hours
Worked on maintaining equipment and running projects in the plant.
Set Daily Routine with the comfort of knowing the Job but also running into situations that help u learn and succeed to the next level of experience!
Shipping and Recieving Coordinator (Former Employee), Fort Smith, AROctober 27, 2013
Pros: reliable means of good income to support my son and bills, while enjoying my job.
Cons: simply the smell of the plant.
I'd show up to work early enough to properly prepare myself with the necessary safety precautions.

I learned how to keep books and make scheduled appointments
I learned how to do the necessary computer and book work for the Shipping and receiving office. How to solve problems and more.

I loved my co-workers we all worked together as a team and if – more... anybody had a question or needed help we helped one another.

The hardest part of the Job would have had to of been learning exports and Imports to and from other countries.

The most enjoyable part of the Job was being able to work with other people and to have the opportunity to really enjoy the whole experience in general. Also Feeling like I played a important role in running the plant where there were only two positions. – less
This was a great experience for me.
CNC operator (Former Employee), Jackson, TNSeptember 24, 2013
Pros: learning new machines
Cons: plant closed
I got to work early, turned on the machines, gathered the emails with the work orders and started cutting fabric. I loved this job because I was able to learn how to use this machine. I loved my management team and the only reason I am not still there is the factory closed the doors.
Excellent Employeer
Team Leader (Current Employee), Fremont, MIAugust 14, 2013
Great place to work, has provided for my family and I for years. Dedicated to product quality. Lean Manufacturing has been a struggle to capture the buy in by most employees.
A good place to work
Direct Mail Production Assistant (Current Employee), Fremont, MIJuly 17, 2013
Pros: fellow employees
Cons: new jersey makes decisions for fremont
On a typical work day, the work is focused on quality control and teamwork. I enjoyed working with the people at Gerber. I made life-long friend there.
Productive place to work
Embroidery Machine Operator (Former Employee), Lumberton, NCMay 5, 2013
Pros: less crowded in plant
Cons: no healthcare benefits.
A typical day come in, clock in talk to our machine, saw the pattern we had to embroider that day, go get our colors and equipment to hold the fabric down for each product, talk to our supervisor about how many units we had to produce that day. Hardest part was coming in on third shift, most enjoyable was the co-workers who always kept jokes going so – more... everyone could enjoy their evening. – less
Great People to work with
Cashier, Food Prep, Telemarketer (Former Employee), Fremont MIchiganMarch 13, 2013
Many things to do and learn and many great people to work with
ok...but not for the long term job
Picker and Packer (Former Employee), south carolinaJanuary 25, 2013
this type of work at this job consist of picking and packing for serveral hours of the day using a palletjack to pout boxes on..It not too hard but I wouldnt want it for a long term job.
UNA GRAN EMPRESA MUNDIAL
TECNICO EN MERCADEO (Former Employee), Tuxtla Gutiérrez, CHPNovember 29, 2013
Pros: nos quedamos sin supervisor
Cons: fue vendida la empresa y todo el equipo fue indemnizado
SE TENIA UN GRAN EQUIPODE TRABAJO Y COMPAÑEROS
HABIA GRAN ESFUERZO PARA ALCANZAR LA METAS
QUE ERAN BIEN RECOMPENSADAS
LO MAS DIFICIL ERA CUANDO SE JUNTABA MUCHOS PEDIDOS POR SURTIR PERO NO IMPORTABA AL FINAL DEL DIA SE TENIA ALOS CLIENTES CONTENTOS.
LO QUE MAS ME GUSTO FUE SIEMPRE LOGRAR LOS OBJETIVOS.

About Gerber

Cascade makes light work out of heavy weights. The company's materials-handling products -- attachments, forks, and related accessories – Read more