Gerber Employee Reviews

Pay is great
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Fort Smith, AROctober 31, 2016
Pay is great and company is too but hours and overtime are being cut for several months. I work overtime since I started 4years ago and used to making at least $1,000 a week or more
fun and productive job
PICKER/PACKER (Former Employee) –  Goose Creek, SCJuly 11, 2016
with a much bigger team to co-workers it made the work day a little easier. It was exercise throughout the day, constantly working. Gerber was a at your pace but a production base job. The managers and co-workers made it interesting and easy to find products and finish each day productively.
Pros
hours
Cons
hot
I enjoy working. I am easy to get along with and have a good attitude
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARJune 11, 2016
I like people. I get along with my co workers. I am better at mechanical jobs. The hardest part of my job is when I have to use the computer.
I was working here only a couple months.
Polishing Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Tualatin, ORMay 10, 2016
Loaded parts into polishing machine, emptied abrasive powder and monitored machine. Unloaded parts and sent to assembly department.
Good Experience
Temp Employee (Former Employee) –  Plant, ARSeptember 24, 2015
Good job experience at Gerber, I was in a new city and didn't know anybody. I learned a lot from this company that I can take with me on other jobs.
assemble knives sitting in a chair really repetitive.
assembly (Former Employee) –  Tigard, ORApril 15, 2015
overall it was an ok place to work id rather do something not so repetitive. i hated the fact that i had to sit down all day for most of the job, the people there were really friendly as well as the management.
Pros
the people there were really nice
Cons
too repetitive
Good paying job with good benefits and laid back environment.
Factory worker (Current Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARFebruary 21, 2015
A typical day at work would be I come in and get all of my paper work ready and go out to the line, and continually check the line and make sure it is working properly. Management is good, my supervisor is a friendly and nice supervisor. My co-workers are fun and help create a fun environment. The hardest part of the job is I have to be on the line for three hours at a time and during that time I am by myself which makes for a slow night. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people I work with, they are fun and even the supervisor is laid back.
Pros
Good pay rate, and a fun environment, good benefits.
Cons
Short breaks, spending most of the time alone.
An unorgainize work place
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Goose creek,SCJuly 21, 2014
To me it was a learning experience for me and what I have learned was to, maintain speed, accuracies, and manage time, the management was kind of ok until they hassle you if you just coming from the restroom. The co-workers were a bit edgy but it was pretty relaxed the hardest about the job was being able to get your number in the time we are suppose to when the product is not in location. The thing I liked about the job was that I was able to grow with them and learn different things and showed me how to consume my time and work.
Pros
Cons
our department would have shorter breaks then the others
Comfortable environment
Porter (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILMarch 11, 2014
A typical day at work was very "self starter" based. Always knew what needed to be worked on right away and was a laid back place. I learned a lot about auto based work which was interesting.

Management was excellent, had very good communication and relationships with management.

Co-workers were very down to earth and friendly.

Hardest part of the job was the end of the month deadlines to get 25+ cars out in one day.

Most enjoyable part of the job was the independency you were given.
Pros
Guaranteed hours and benefits
Cons
Chemicals frequently lingering in shop area
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARDecember 13, 2013
Worked on maintaining equipment and running projects in the plant.
Pros
Enjoyed the people I worked with.
Cons
Set Daily Routine with the comfort of knowing the Job but also running into situations that help u learn and succeed to the next level of experience!
Shipping and Recieving Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, AROctober 27, 2013
I'd show up to work early enough to properly prepare myself with the necessary safety precautions.

I learned how to keep books and make scheduled appointments
I learned how to do the necessary computer and book work for the Shipping and receiving office. How to solve problems and more.

I loved my co-workers we all worked together as a team and if anybody had a question or needed help we helped one another.

The hardest part of the Job would have had to of been learning exports and Imports to and from other countries.

The most enjoyable part of the Job was being able to work with other people and to have the opportunity to really enjoy the whole experience in general. Also Feeling like I played a important role in running the plant where there were only two positions.
Pros
Reliable means of good income to support my son and bills, while enjoying my job.
Cons
Simply the smell of the plant.
This was a great experience for me.
CNC operator (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNSeptember 24, 2013
I got to work early, turned on the machines, gathered the emails with the work orders and started cutting fabric. I loved this job because I was able to learn how to use this machine. I loved my management team and the only reason I am not still there is the factory closed the doors.
Pros
Learning new machines
Cons
Plant closed
Excellent Employeer
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Fremont, MIAugust 14, 2013
Great place to work, has provided for my family and I for years. Dedicated to product quality. Lean Manufacturing has been a struggle to capture the buy in by most employees.
A good place to work
Direct Mail Production Assistant  (Current Employee) –  Fremont, MIJuly 17, 2013
On a typical work day, the work is focused on quality control and teamwork. I enjoyed working with the people at Gerber. I made life-long friend there.
Pros
fellow employees
Cons
New Jersey makes decisions for Fremont
Productive place to work
Embroidery Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Lumberton, NCMay 5, 2013
A typical day come in, clock in talk to our machine, saw the pattern we had to embroider that day, go get our colors and equipment to hold the fabric down for each product, talk to our supervisor about how many units we had to produce that day. Hardest part was coming in on third shift, most enjoyable was the co-workers who always kept jokes going so everyone could enjoy their evening.
Pros
less crowded in plant
Cons
no healthcare benefits.
Great People to work with
Cashier, Food Prep, Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Fremont MIchiganMarch 13, 2013
Many things to do and learn and many great people to work with
ok...but not for the long term job
Picker and Packer (Former Employee) –  south carolinaJanuary 25, 2013
this type of work at this job consist of picking and packing for serveral hours of the day using a palletjack to pout boxes on..It not too hard but I wouldnt want it for a long term job.