GES Exposition Services Employee Reviews

The job is ever changing, never a dull moment, exciting!!
Timekeeper/Payroll Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Landover, MDDecember 30, 2017
Prepare and secure union employees timecards. Ensure all Union workers have the proper identification, completed 1-9’s and W-4’s before going into any designated work area. Prepare all payroll forecasting for any trade show 500k and above. Train all timekeepers. Prepare timekeeper schedules. Investigate union claims and bring forth resolve to issues that may occur within the pay period. Audit all checks upon receipt for union Teamsters and Carpenters. Distribute payroll to various union halls.

Arrange all hotel reservations for internal and external clients and ensure all folios coincide for billing purposes. Receive sort and distribute incoming mail. Prepare outgoing mail using FedEx and/or UPS, other duties performed as needed.
At times a fun place to work
Document Management (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 27, 2017
I learned so much when I made it to the Logistics and then Document Management department. I now know a lot about International and Domestic shipping guidelines and restrictions, as well as basic HTML coding and Photoshop image editing once I moved to Document Management.
Pros
Weekends off, paid holidays, relaxed dress code
Cons
Not many areas for advancement
fast pace, good co-workers
Usage Worker (Former Employee) –  Washington City, DCOctober 17, 2017
it was good work, just seasonal. My co-workers was really helpful, when I was having trouble with something, they was there to assist me when needed.
Fast Paced
Purchasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Renton, WASeptember 8, 2017
This was a fast paced company. I worked there for quite a while, I don't have any complaints.... Changes in management created a different environment.
fun
Tradeshow Manager, Business Development Project (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 25, 2017
Fun place
Fun Days
Management Listens
Culture has been amazing
Lovely people
Leaving to go home hard
Learned so much, teachers all around you
Traveled extensively
Productive and fun workplace
Payroll Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 21, 2017
this company is more productive, always knowledge advancement, more social place, with fair in salary, offering overtime and foods. its a pleasant workplace.
Pros
good healthcare and pay good
Cons
short breaks
great first job
LEAD CLIENT SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 15, 2016
This was an awesome company to work for fresh out of college. I had great managers and great opportunities to learn new things, master them and meet great people from many different industries. Traveling to different cities and putting on trade shows really taught me about how fast opportunities could be out there. Due to relocation opportunities it was necessary for me to leave the company.
Pros
something new and different every week
Cons
lots of travel
great place to work very professional.
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 6, 2015
great place to work very professional. Learned a lot worked there for 10 years. Gain all my manger skills from this company. Great training programs. I really recommend working for them if you have the opportunity.
Yes they did have a ping pong table in the warehouse l.o.l.
Forklift operator (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJanuary 31, 2015
Yes Im still able to work with this company and 9 others like it because it a teamster union .The best part of working with this company is it was never working at the same place.I mainly work at convention centers in southern California or in any one of big hotel ball rooms , fair grounds , i even worked a auto show in Anaheim stadium parking lot.Even if it was a show that i worked the year before the floor plan was changed along with the booths and maybe even the stuff companies were showing.I got to see all the state of the art stuff that big and little companies were coming out with.
Pros
big tips money, product
Cons
missing working there
Workplace
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 8, 2015
I enjoyed working at GES. The atmosphere was wonderful as well as my co workers and boss. I supported the sales teams in proposals and expenses.
Pros
Co Workers
fun and positive
Administrative duties (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 11, 2014
liked scheduled hours. enjoyed working with all my co workers
It's alright but I'd never make it a career
Production and layout supervisor (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 6, 2014
The management in the creative services department isn't very good. They care more about production numbers than their employees... It's a grinder here; they work you until you're exhausted, then they replace you.
productive and friendly work environment
Project Manager Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 15, 2013
GES was a productive workplace, with established practices and effective systems. I learned a lot about the general contractor side of the convention industry. Management and co-workers were friendly and interested in new ideas and cooperative working. The hardest part of the job was learning how to calculate measurements of materials used in the exhibit builds. I enjoyed the people that I worked with, both in the office and in the warehouse.
Great People to work with
Labor Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 20, 2013
a typical day at work is a high work volume, long hours, multi-tasking, working with several different unions and contracts. Dealing with many different management teams, and foreman.
DO NOT WORK HERE - Pittsburgh Office
. (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 14, 2013
Very hostile work environment. Too many politics and BS. Very difficult people to work with. Amateur management staff. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME.
Production of graphic design
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJune 26, 2013
- digital printing and sign/graphic layout for convention needs
- I learned about different print medias, file formats, Corel software, trade show business, graphic application techniques, typography
- I managed 15 to 25 people at a time while my manager was away at show site 2 to 3 times a week. this allowed me the opportunity to grow my multi-tasking abilities and organizational skills.
- I worked with amazing, creative people while at GES. the graphics shop was equipped with artists and designers and carpenters and we all came together as a team to create beautiful displays.
- the hardest part of that job was the long hours. I worked anywhere from 60 to 80 hours a week.
- the most enjoyable part of my job was working with talented individuals who helped mold me into the person I am today.
Highly Political. Toxic and Hostile
Manager (Current Employee) –  PittsburghMarch 14, 2013
This is a big company but tainted with full of politics. Been here for 17 years already. Not happy about this company. Sending my resume somewhere else
Pros
big
Cons
hostile working environment
excellent
Tradeshow assistant (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, Long Beach, various locationsMarch 4, 2013
On call (non-union). Excellent work when called. Excellent salary and experience. First calls go to union workers. Union calls senior members first; Steady employment is not optimal. Drawbacks to this position is a lot of driving.
I'm seeking a permanent full-time, day position offering growth opportunities and one that I can become a team player with!
Pros
excellent wage and learning opportunities
Cons
sr. union members called first, rarely contacted, union dues too expensive; long-distant driving.
big company with great people
Planner Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 8, 2013
Asst. AE with client information up selling to the client, post invoicing,
Great place to learn but ...
Senior Business Intelligence Analyst (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 11, 2012
Great to place to learn; most people are pleasant to work with; as is the case with virtually every work environment, there are some who are downright difficult to work with. It was a great learning experience; there is, however, room for improvement in getting new hires acclimated and trained in all that they'll need to know in order to be successful and effective in their jobs. When I started, it was learn as I go, no real training or establishment of expectations, then less than two months after I started, management hierarchy changed, which created yet another shift in focus. I'm thankful for the experience but, in the end, it just wasn't the environment for me.
Pros
you're always busy, lots of opportunities to learn
Cons
highly volatile management structure, pressure to learn quickly and under fire, not enough people to support the work load and expectations