GES Exposition Services

GES Exposition Services Employer Reviews

It's alright but I'd never make it a career
Production and layout supervisor (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVApril 6, 2014
The management in the creative services department isn't very good. They care more about production numbers than their employees... It's a grinder here; they work you until you're exhausted, then they replace you.
productive and friendly work environment
Project Manager Supervisor (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVOctober 15, 2013
GES was a productive workplace, with established practices and effective systems. I learned a lot about the general contractor side of the convention industry. Management and co-workers were friendly and interested in new ideas and cooperative working. The hardest part of the job was learning how to calculate measurements of materials used in the exhibit – more... builds. I enjoyed the people that I worked with, both in the office and in the warehouse. – less
Great People to work with
Labor Services Coordinator (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVAugust 20, 2013
a typical day at work is a high work volume, long hours, multi-tasking, working with several different unions and contracts. Dealing with many different management teams, and foreman.
DO NOT WORK HERE - Pittsburgh Office
. (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAAugust 14, 2013
Very hostile work environment. Too many politics and BS. Very difficult people to work with. Amateur management staff. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME.
Production of graphic design
Graphic Designer (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAJune 26, 2013
- digital printing and sign/graphic layout for convention needs
- I learned about different print medias, file formats, Corel software, trade show business, graphic application techniques, typography
- I managed 15 to 25 people at a time while my manager was away at show site 2 to 3 times a week. this allowed me the opportunity to grow my multi-tasking – more... abilities and organizational skills.
- I worked with amazing, creative people while at GES. the graphics shop was equipped with artists and designers and carpenters and we all came together as a team to create beautiful displays.
- the hardest part of that job was the long hours. I worked anywhere from 60 to 80 hours a week.
- the most enjoyable part of my job was working with talented individuals who helped mold me into the person I am today. – less
Highly Political. Toxic and Hostile
Manager (Current Employee), PittsburghMarch 14, 2013
Pros: big
Cons: hostile working environment
This is a big company but tainted with full of politics. Been here for 17 years already. Not happy about this company. Sending my resume somewhere else
excellent
Tradeshow assistant (Current Employee), Anaheim, Long Beach, various locationsMarch 4, 2013
Pros: excellent wage and learning opportunities
Cons: sr. union members called first, rarely contacted, union dues too expensive; long-distant driving.
On call (non-union). Excellent work when called. Excellent salary and experience. First calls go to union workers. Union calls senior members first; Steady employment is not optimal. Drawbacks to this position is a lot of driving.
I'm seeking a permanent full-time, day position offering growth opportunities and one that I can become a team player with!
big company with great people
Planner Coordinator (Former Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 8, 2013
Asst. AE with client information up selling to the client, post invoicing,
Great place to learn but ...
Senior Business Intelligence Analyst (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVOctober 11, 2012
Pros: you're always busy, lots of opportunities to learn
Cons: highly volatile management structure, pressure to learn quickly and under fire, not enough people to support the work load and expectations
Great to place to learn; most people are pleasant to work with; as is the case with virtually every work environment, there are some who are downright difficult to work with. It was a great learning experience; there is, however, room for improvement in getting new hires acclimated and trained in all that they'll need to know in order to be successful – more... and effective in their jobs. When I started, it was learn as I go, no real training or establishment of expectations, then less than two months after I started, management hierarchy changed, which created yet another shift in focus. I'm thankful for the experience but, in the end, it just wasn't the environment for me. – less
Exciting and fast paced environmnet
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVSeptember 3, 2012
I began as a Customer Service Rep for inbound calls. Truly a fast paced environment. Customers would need instruction/information for show exhibitions. Try to upsell their supplies for the shows. I learned to use several computer programs, simultaneously. The management was wonderful. They would help you when you needed it, and provided tools to help – more... you better yourself. I truly enjoyed my co-workers. We all strived for the same goals. The hardest part of the job, was probably the patience required when customers were upset. The most enjoyable part of the job, was being able to help customers. – less
Close family atmosphere with strong ethical expectations
Exhibitor Services (Current Employee), Renton, WAAugust 26, 2012
Pros: great environment, opportunity to travel.
My job consists of assisting exhibitors and preparing for upcoming trade shows. GES is a wonderful company to work for, but unless you are willing to relocate, the oportunities for advancement are limited. I work with a group of great individuals, who all have the same goals, and that is to provide the best service available. I love going to trade shows – more... and meeting new people, and working thru new challenges. – less
No fun in production.
Production Technician (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVMay 1, 2012
Pros: hours
Cons: management
Underpaid and overworked. Management is too worried about being everyones friend and coworkers slacking performance is allowed. Very amateur management skills. The work itself is simple though. If you can stay out of the drama you'll be fine...
Loved this company
Regional Service Associate (Former Employee), Chula Vista, CAApril 11, 2012
Pros: great company to work for
Cons: new departments means layoffs
This was an opportunity for advancement. Really enjoyed working at this company. I moved in this company and was given the opportunities of a lifetime.
intresting place to work
Project Coordinator (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 27, 2012
you get to travel working at this place gave me more experience here because i got to do the trade show industry and it was very exciting for me. the only thing wrong with this company is that the hours you worked you couldnt balance it bewteeen your personal life and work.
One of the best
Operations Manager (Former Employee), las Vegas, NVDecember 19, 2011
Pros: great people, great hours
Cons: some days work nonstop
Great place to work, nice people, nice atmosphere, would love to work there again.

About GES Exposition Services

Global Experience Specialists¬†knows the show must go on. The company, formerly GES Exposition Services,¬†produces tradeshows and – Read more