Semantic Markup, HTML5, jQuery, jQuery-UI, Twitter Bootstrap, 960 grid, CSS layouts, Media Queries, Responsive Design. Show us your chops!
Getinsured.com is building a health insurance exchange platform that will be used by millions across the US. We are looking to hire a UI Designer/Developer to be part of the design team that seeks to create high quality interfaces and meaningful user experiences across Getinsured.com's Health Exchange product and services.
1. Work with engineering & design team members to translate visual designs to production ready screens in HTML/CSS/JS (Java/SpringSource environment) for a large scale, consumer facing web application (cross browser, multi device access, responsive layouts).
3. Participate in design and troubleshooting problems related to user interaction, webpage performance & mobile web optimization, accessibility testing (Section 508 compliance).
4. Work with the design team on creating new CSS, organizing and optimizing existing style sheets.
5. Collaborate with product managers, software engineers and test engineers to implement product features and enhancements, working within fast paced engineering 'sprints'.
Skills, knowledge and experience:
1. Online portfolio which showcases work samples.
2. Solid coding skills in HTML; solid knowledge of knowledge of CSS3 layouts, CSS grids, web standards, browser & web developer tools.
4. Knowledge and experience of working in an IDE like Eclipse or SpringSource on a LAMP stack or Java environment, MVC architecture, Object Oriented Design Concepts.
5. 3+ years of experience in web design and development.
6. Proficiency with the Adobe Creative Suite ( Photoshop, Fireworks); Familiarity with Visio, Fireworks, and online wire-framing tools.
7. Eye for detail in design and knowledge of best practices in coding.
8. Bachelors or equivalent degree in any design field, engineering or an equivalent combination of design training and experience.
Semantic Markup, HTML5, jQuery, jQuery-UI, Twitter Bootstrap, 960 grid, CSS layouts, Media Queries, Mobile-first, Responsive Design, Mobile Web Optimization Techniques, Photoshop Layer Comps, Fireworks States, Springsource, CVS, Jira, Firebug, IE Tester, IE 7/8/9 hacks, Accessibility & Section508, Agile, Standup meetings, Creative, Flexible.
Other characteristics in the ideal candidate:
1. Superior communication skills. Ability to collaborate well with designers, developers and managers on the team.
2. Self-motivated, with the ability to work independently; urge to actively learn, research current UI design trends.
3.Knowledge of user centered design methods, ability to put oneself in user's shoes, ability to take feedback from stakeholders and iterate designs.
- Domain: Healthcare, eCommerce, Health Insurance Exchange
- Job Level and Type: Mid Level, Contract-to-hire/ Full time
- Location: Palo Alto, CA
- Remuneration: DOE, For full time hires - Competitive Salary + Health/Dental/Vision /Disability Insurance + 401k + Stock Options + Paid Vacation Time.