Start Date: Immediate
The Sales Associate will work out of our San Francisco office and directly with our Head of Product to help sign up new boat owners, rental companies, and boat renters. This candidate will also be responsible for communicating user ideas, concerns, and feedback to the Head of Product. While this is a sales role, we are a fun and fast moving startup, so the candidate will be asked to help with various projects as they come up. The right candidate will not only be able to sell, but will also help represent the user's point of view to the team and be passionate about improving our service and product.
We are looking for someone who is excited about joining a scrappy start up, who is self driven, with exceptional sales skills and the ability to execute. This role will have a heavy focus on telesales and requires the associate to become a GetMyBoat expert. The right candidate will enjoy working in a startup environment where wearing a lot of hats and getting your hands dirty are a must.
- Become an expert on GetMyBoat and our competitors
- Convert new and existing leads to active boats or company listings, complete with photos and details
- Identify trending user problems or user feedback
- Provide ideas for enhancements and new features
- Get potential owners excited about GetMyBoat and encourage them to spread the word
- Follow up with newly acquired owners ensuring success on the site
- Attend boat shows as a GetMyBoat representative
- Help with marketing campaigns and social media efforts
- Passionate about boating and the GetMyBoat concept
- Previous experience in sales preferred
- Highly organized with exceptional follow-through abilities
- Strong ability to communicate professionally both verbally and in written form
- Friendly yet efficient phone manner
- Experience with CRM-tools is a plus
- Bachelors degree or equivalent is a plus
- Fearless cold calling and cold emailing ability
- Self motivated and self directed
Email Subject Line: Sales Associate/GetMyBoat/Last Name, First Name
Attachments: Cover Letter and Resume in Word or PDF format. (Please include in your Cover Letter why you're interested in GetMyBoat as a company, and how you can contribute both as a member of a tight-knit team and as the Sales Associate.)
Email Body: Please include when you're available to start and what your salary requirements are (a rough range is okay; but please do not put only the word "negotiable").
Thank you, and we look forward to hearing from you!