Getty Images Employee Reviews

Unpredictable Comp Plan, Major Organizational Change
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 13, 2016
Company went through major reorg during this time last year.
Management shifted to adapt but negative outcomes surfaced for employees
Very little job security
Most positions require very mundane work
KPIs are KEY and all peroformance is tracked heavily
Comp plans fluctuate and lack clarification
Overall photography business is very challenged these days so cannot blame the corporate environment
New CEO is fantastic...maybe there is hope!
Pros
flexible schedule in some positions, good medical benefits
Cons
unpredictable pay structure, challenges in sales role
Mixed up management
Director, Global Marketing Operations (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 18, 2016
Some really great people, but some very mixed up management while I was there. There were contradictions and unhealthy competition between the VPs in Marketing.
Pros
Location, Benefits
Cons
Unrealistic and Changing Expectations
Great
Senior Account Executive- Inbound/Outbound (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 12, 2016
Place to work, nice environment and nice people to work with great benefits, great location and products, website and 401k plan
WOnderful work life balance
Consultant/Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 16, 2017
Wonderful people to work with, they walk you through the work challenges and co-operate at every level. I loved the office place and each month the photographers get to showcase their talent to all the employees. Very friendly and fun work atmosphere.
Great product. Poor management. Too much offce politics.
Sales (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 26, 2016
If the management can catch up to the world class product Getty Images would be a world class company. The office politics is stifling.
Work hard - play hard - many command performances for after hours outings
former employee - it is a small office (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 23, 2013
Constant rotating door when it comes to layoffs - interestingly enough it is generally the long term (which is 5+ years here!) employees who are no longer needed - ultimately replaced by entry level, youthful types. If you are BFF's with HR, completely inappropriate behavior is acceptable. Rarely receive credit for ideas - middle management is too busy kissing up to sr management to protect their own "interests" as layoffs are almost weekly. Senior director with a GED... (was hired in at a director level by a friend)
Pros
great product, name recognition, opportunity to manage [and learn from] major projects
Cons
photographer compensation policies, reputation within the industry, salary, no value of education
Great co-workers, Horrible management
Editor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 22, 2012
If you don't mind working for a company that makes you constantly feel you are about to get laid off then why not Getty? While the upper management constantly thanks you for your dedication etc., they are also constantly reminding you (as well as acting upon these threats) that you are not necessary because so many other people want to work for the company. Everybody at Getty Images expects to be laid off, all the time. I would not wish Getty on my worse enemy! Top heavy with untrained, inexperienced and horrible managers which is a shame because most "regular" workers there are great people. Getty's loss in the long run.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
horrible work environment due to poor management and constant threat of down-sizing, out-sourcing, etc.
Productive and Fun Work Place
Executive Assistant to Upper Management (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 26, 2014
A typical day at Getty Images involved meetings with upper management and the WireImage team, invoicing for photographic events, accounts receivable/payable, scheduling, booking and negotiating assignments for WireImage/Getty Images photographers.
I loved everything about the work environment. The management was professional yet approachable and my co-workers were all creative, interesting people. We all enjoyed working with each other and had weekly in office social events.
The most challenging part of the job was coordinating photographers to last minute locations.
Working with Getty Images/WireImage taught me the importance of precise timing and communication between photographers, celebrities, and editors during red carpet events in order to make sure everything runs smoothly while getting those perfect shots!
Pros
Great benefits, my favorite being the Rosetta Stone program. Monthly in office events and many free lunches.
Cons
Can't think of any to be honest with you.
Getty Images
Freelance Editor for the Editorial Team (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 14, 2016
A typical day at work involves going through raw footage, making selects, posting the good footage to the company website, and making a short reel based on the footage. This job has sharpened my editing skills through using both Final Cut Pro and Premiere Pro. The co-workers are a mix of staff and other freelancers. The job can have long hours but is always interesting and never boring.
fun place
Customer Support Associate (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 22, 2015
great company culture. awesome benefits . work hard and you get rewarded..

the management cards about the team members. we are all valued. no matter what team. everyone works together to be the best.

Want to know more about Getty Images?

Ask a question
Great Ideas, Can't back them up
National Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 19, 2016
The Company went through 5 different comp plans since I've been here for two years. Always trying to change things up to make sure that top performers aren't getting paid to much. It ends up back fires after 6 months and the lose the top sales people of other company's who have consistent payouts.
Interesting Company and Industry
Sales / New Business Development (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 28, 2016
I enjoyed the opportunity to try something completely new and different. Getty Images was an interesting place to be and while it wasn't the right fit for me I had a great time with the way I was treated and the first class environment. Overall I look back and and still wish there was a different way to use my other passions and hobbies (photography) to be a part of such an interesting and entertaining company vs. phone/web sales. All The Best to Getty Images.
Good people, interesting work, careers can stagnate quickly.
Manager (Current Employee) –  SeattleJune 23, 2014
Management? Spotty. Some very good, some pretty dreadful.

People? Cooperative and well-meaning for the most part. There's a couple of dull-spots in the technology operations team. Management in operations is pretty horrifying.

Opportunities? Lots of opportunity until you earn your label. Once your'e the "XYZ Guy", that's your lot. There's a lot of talk about career progression/support, but it's nearly impossible to find examples of it.

Best thing? Pretty flexible on schedule and realistic on what a person can do in a day or week. Location is quite nice for a commuter.

Worst thing? Lack of career growth. Technology leadership.
Pros
Interesting work, flexible schedules, smart people.
Cons
Spotty management, lack of career advancement opportunities.
Fun and Inspiring Culture
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 18, 2014
I learned a great deal during my time at Getty Images, some of which I would like provide details on:

- The management team invested much time and effort, to ensure that training tools and career development strategy plans were available to myself and my team at all times

- I learned a lot about what it means to sell, and how that aspect of the business must continue to innovate itself along with the changes and advancements of the company and clients' needs

- My co-workers were fun, smart, engaging, helpful and--my team specifically--truly worked to foster a creative and supportive environment
Pros
Fast-paced, challenging, constant opportunities for growth
Prestigous company
software test engineer (Former Employee) –  Seattle, waJuly 2, 2012
Worked on contract testing their editorital site. I learned more about the editorial copy right laws since I am an editor outside of my software engineering work. Getty is very clickish, not as open for innovation or wanting to try new technology. I didn't always participate in their groups fun events since I was on contract and I believe this cost me my contract. They seem to not like it if you choose to work instead of taking a hour and half out of work time to make baked potatos and socialize.
Pros
fancy location
Cons
seem to not like people who want to work hard, and not play.
Sophisticated yet Artsy work environment
software test engineer (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 3, 2014
Being creative is essential to work for this employer. As the system culls out old photos and uploads new photos for the editorial section of Getty Images, I tested the process. Management was pretty straight forward, though the atmosphere was 'clickish' everyone made you feel welcomed. Hardest part was keeping up with the waterfall iterations and daily changes of build schedules. Having access to all the photos used by world wide journal and publications is one of the most outstanding perks of this job! Too bad they decided not to continue my contract.
Pros
Access to some great food places to get lunch
Cons
locaton directly under the Fremont bridge where many commit suicide
Productive and fun workplace environment until they took the ping pong table away
Technical Analyst (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYAugust 13, 2015
The majority of the Getty staff is friendly and can become a second family. Unfortunately there is the constant feeling that corporate structure gets in the way of the company ever evolving. Quality of management was varied from department to department, but generally pretty average.
The Most Amazing Company Ever
Director of Human Resources, East Coast (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 19, 2013
Not a bad thing to say. Constant collaboration, solutions driven, bench mark of success.

Management is focused on ensuring you are ready for your next assignment. Constant feedback, with a true open door policy.

Hardest part of the job was working in an environment where some of the HR functions such as recruitment and talent management work not close to the markets we serviced. Those functions were corporate centralized
Pros
Cares about the employees, customers and the business
Cons
Matrix work environment can be frustrating
Ok place to work
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 15, 2015
Ping pong table in the LA office and bagels every Friday. You will enjoy your colleagues, but not appreciate the stress. They want to pinch every dollar out of employes and will ride you hard while paying you the bare minimum.
Great place to work and learn
Facilities Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 10, 2012
A day at Getty Images was fast pace and lots of opportunity to learn. Best thing I learned was to negotiate a contract with the vendor, which is one of the things that made the management awesome.
Pros
the management was very knowledgable
Cons
lots of employees that you could possible know everyone

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Getty Images. Our community is ready to answer.