Gettysburg College

Gettysburg College Employer Reviews

Close community allowing personal growth and exploration
Re-entry Mentor (Former Employee), Gettysburg, PAJuly 7, 2014
- I met with assigned mentees to discuss their time abroad and difficulties with returning to college. I provided advise on the re-entry experience.
- I developed skills important to working with other people, including listening and offering relevant information
ok
Dishwasher (Former Employee), gettysburg, PAJuly 4, 2014
on raise in 3 years because part-time. Didn't know when you were to work the next week until Friday night.
Fun and caring work place
Officer (Current Employee), Gettysburg, PAJanuary 30, 2014
Everyday is different which makes this job exciting. The management is will to work with you on getting training and giving you time off you need it. The community as a whole is great.
Teacher's Assistant
Peer Learning Assistant (Current Employee), Gettysburg, PAJanuary 24, 2014
I teach 4 labs in Microeconomic theory through the use of either problem sets or class discussions on practical applications of Microeconomics in public policy. I also make myself available outside of the lab to answer any questions the students may have.
Great learning environment and open to schedule changes
Costume Shop Assistant (Former Employee), Gettysburg, PAMay 22, 2013
Gettysburg College provides several different job opportunities to its students and the theater is one of the best, most interesting places to work. Everyone in the theater is friendly and is treated like family. A day in the costume shop usually consists of either helping the head of the shop or the costume designer with any projects they need done – more... or continuing a project started the day before. Even if you lack sewing skills, the head and the designers are very understanding and open to teaching their employees new techniques. Work can get hectic towards the opening of the show but seeing your work on stage is well worth it. – less
I did not like it
house keeper (Former Employee), Gettysburg PAMarch 8, 2013
Pros: my kids could have gone to college free or almost free
Cons: everything else
The management was horrible. The job was gross, I liked my co-workers. The college kids were disgusting they way they lived. I did not like working here.
Productive and flexible workplace
Academic Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Gettysburg, PAJanuary 9, 2013
Pros: great benefits
Cons: pay does not meet the average pay for the level of responsibility
Gettysburg College provides flexibility where needed for professional training, education, or personal matters. It is a pleasent work envirnment overall. People are very cordial. Students are generally respectful.

The hardset part would be the inabililty to advace into areas outside of your current position.

I love working with the students as well – more... as faculty with training events. – less
PA best place to work...
Office of Admissions, Admissions Assistant (Former Employee), Gettysburg, PASeptember 19, 2012
Stands true to all reviews. Supportive offices, teaching administrators, very expandable positions.
Productive and educational work environment in the Scene Shop
Scene Shop employee (Current Employee), Gettysburg, PAFebruary 21, 2012
I worked there for only a week or two and was well prepared to handle any number of tasks assigned to me, either alone or with other workers. I was even able to supervise and instruct others in a number of tasks.