Position Title: Customer Service Representative / Inbound Sales
Store Hours: M-W-F: 9-5 Sat: 10-2; Staff Meetings: Second Wed. each month at 8:00 AM. Hours may vary with outside events.
Full-time: 40 hours during store hours listed above. Some Overtime may be necessary.
General Purpose of Job: Create Sales, both inside and outside, by providing outstanding, professional, friendly and knowledgeable customer service, establishing relationships with customers over the phone, internet, e-mail, and in person. This involves reviewing and understanding customer’s requirements, preparing quotes, placing orders and conducting detailed communications between the customer and in-house production, outside subcontractors and vendors and working with the entire GFW team.
Key Performance Indicators for Evaluation:
- Achievement of Sales Goals.
· Responsiveness to customers
· Communication (written and verbal) with customers, vendors and co-workers.
· Quotations and Sales Orders preparation
· Organizational skills
· Product / service knowledge
· New business development.
· Storefront Customer Service
· File Maintenance
· Assist Customers with Internet Sales
· Help keep the store neat and clean through daily maintenance
· Use small tools to assist with customer products
· Assist coworkers with job assignments
· Other duties as assigned
- Hourly wage and monthly bonus, commensurate with experience and performance.
- Benefits: Health Insurance, vacation, sick leave, and paid holidays
Education and Prior Work Experience: 1-5 years of proven sales/customer service experience, High School diploma or GED, College Degree preferred.
Personality: Team Player, Outgoing, Good Sense of Humor, Creative, Flexible, Multi-tasking, Personable, Self-motivated, Able to think outside the box, willing to help even the most difficult customer solve their problem, must be able to take constructive criticism, communicate clearly.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: General Computer skills (Experience with Mac preferred), including use of MS Word and Excel. Attention to detail in written and verbal communication.
Physical Demands: This position requires sitting, standing, lifting, walking, stretching, bending, pushing, talking, listening, use of small tools, and long hours on the telephone and computer.
GFW was founded in 1993 and has grown to 18 employees operating out of a retail store in East Greenbush, NY. GFW services a local, state, national, and global customer base from its retail store and through its' website. GFW has averaged growth of approximately 20% per year since inception and continues to grow. Our website continues to grow. The Customer Service Representative / Inbound Sales position is a vital position within the company and will help drive the business forward.
Gettysburg Flag Works aspires to be a leading, trusted supplier, the go-to place, for our products and services which helps customers show patriotism, pride, brand and/or identification. Our current product mix consists of flags, banners, flagpoles, embroidered and printable promotional and associated products.
Our mission is to continue building a company that builds on each success, to grow each day, week, month and year by providing friendly customer service, quality products and expert knowledge in an atmosphere that allows each employee to seek there maximum potential in a professional entrepreneurial atmosphere.
We value our ability to serve our customers providing them with personalized customer service to ensure total customer satisfaction.
We value our team of full time and part-time employees, consultants and vendors each of whom plays an important role in the success of the business by:
- Contributing to the quality image, growth and profitability of the business.
- Providing a clear and simple presentations, explanations, and advice on our products and services.
- Helping clients understand what is best and most cost effective for their use.
- Educating clients on flag etiquette and flag history.
- Building up the company image through pride in their work.
- Having fun, working with and supporting other members of the team.
- Continuing to educate themselves on the latest products, services and work tools.
- Maintaining a healthy, safe working environment
- Being active in our community to make it a better place.