Gexpro Employee Reviews

Unfit work place Due to mystery dust and politics.
Project Specialist (Current Employee) –  Denver, COApril 3, 2017
I deemed it as an unfit work environment. Most of the employees pride themselves in never leaving and never getting a decent raise or promotion. The 7325 Denver Branch is the worst because they have "50 yr old mystery dust. A political system fixed within the branch to keep the employees that are not currently up to speed with the latest software in power. Most employees maintain terrible time management. Leaving extra work for any willing body, also the lowest in these politics bares the brunt. Even the people there for decades complain and find it hard to dismiss this "50 yr old mystery dust" that rumor has it, multiple people died from various cancers. If you have a great golf swing you'll do well.
Pros
1hr lunch
Cons
Dust/politics
Ownership with creative solutions.
Account Manager / Program Specialist (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMarch 3, 2017
*Managing priorities+ tackling challenges.
* Out of the box thinking.
*Management allows ownership
*Work as a team.
*Engineering aspect with OEM.
*Winning sales opportunities.
Pros
The day is constantly changing.
Cons
Inventory management- forklifts and tall ladders.
Good company but has flawes
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Madison, ALOctober 3, 2016
Great work experience but had limited growth potential due to management style. Company continued to pull from outside sources and not promoting within.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
No growth
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 14, 2016
Gexpro is great place to work with some really great management. They have goals that I think will help move the company in the right direction. I really enjoy my co-workers, they are very helpful with helping answering my questions that I have. Hardest part of the job would be the stress that is put on the employees to perform at the same or higher level with less people.
Enjoy your job
Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Riverside, MOJune 6, 2016
My motto is to "enjoy your job"...thank means everyone around me, including myself, is much more productive if you enjoy your job. Due to my personality I am always in a great mood...regardless of the stress and pressures. I am able to complete my work daily with few or no mistakes and make my duties look easy. I have been involved in Corporate America for 30+ years and I am looking for a new home!
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Dirty work space
Would not recommend
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCMay 22, 2016
Would not recommend. Unorthodox ed company. Changes in policies and procedures take place too often. There is really no true direction on what is expected.
Productive and fun work place
Account Cleanser (Analysis) (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAMay 4, 2016
Very laid back company with very nice people to work with. Typical day is distributing files to each Gexpro collectors, open and distribute mail, print invoices, and log incoming checks on excel spreadsheet to send to Bank of America lockbox. The hardest part of my job is sometimes not having enough work throughout the day. The most enjoyable part of my job is having a job to come to every morning; I love what I do.
Pros
Very laid back.
Cons
Always having a hiring freeze.
Great work environment and team members. Being part of the Energy Solutions team we were the the sales growth division for the last 6 years
National Lighting Technical Specialist (Former Employee) –  RemoteApril 1, 2016
 Advanced technology integration and training, ecoInsight
 Designed lighting layouts with AGI32
 Supported Global Accounts team to exceed TCO goals
 Managed vendor relations with strategic suppliers
 Assisted National Accounts in energy-saving Kaizen projects
Pros
Great team to work with and promotes the entrepreneurial spirt
Cons
Company downsizing the support teams and closing branches and I was laid off
Not a place to be for a growth opportunity....
Outside Sales (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILMarch 25, 2016
No training to speak of, no management direction ( they all will forget about you as they are promoted...) Don't waste your time here.
Poorly managed in Pensacola FL
Warehouse (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLMarch 22, 2016
Poor management have poured over into an overall negative work culture, even affecting the culture on the warehouse floor. Nothing they do is "personal," "it's just business." So whether they lie or cheat a customer, or whether they lie or cheat an employee or temporary employee, as long as management gets their money, that's all they're concerned with. Work here at your own risk.
Pros
Money is better than a lot of other places in Pensacola
Cons
The negative environment wears you down after working in it for a long time
Good people to work with
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTMarch 18, 2016
Doing my daily chores, of filing, typing and assisting with shipping and labeling, answering the telephone and transferring calls. Also planning luncheons, parties and whatever entertainment planning was required of me.
Pros
Free lunches.
High Stress
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLFebruary 1, 2016
Was a very high paced job requiring hours of work and dedication.
Every day was a new challenge of putting one fire out after another.
Pros
Good Pay and Bonus
Cons
Management issues
A great place to grow and exel.
Accounts Payable Associate (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILDecember 14, 2015
I really enjoyed working at Gexpro it was a great experience and I learned a great amount from working there. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning new things and meeting new people.
A Good place to work. Great people to work with.
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMNovember 18, 2015
Great co-workers and management. Relaxed work environment with no micro-managing. This business runs with a minimum number of employees but everyone pitches in and makes it work.
Pros
Relaxed but productive work environment
Cons
Lacks a degree of job security due to the level of local competition
Poor everythings
Account Receivable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, GAOctober 3, 2015
Depressed place to work poor communication wise....
I would never work for Gexpro they less enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues and learning from them is nothing....
Picking and Shipping Clerk (Former Employee) –  Greer SCSeptember 21, 2015
This is a great place to work. Not a hard Job at all. I am only seeking employment due to temporary position. I hate leaving a job but my assignment will end soon.
Pros
Great company
Cons
Temp position
Laid back environment. Glass ceiling type job. The pay isn't great.
Mod Shop (Current Employee) –  oklahoma citySeptember 16, 2015
As the title says, the pay isn't great. There are no bonuses for warehouse or labor jobs. The annual raises are around 3% which is pennies when you're talking about the pay you receive. It is a very chill, laid back environment that can be fun at times. Management pumps you full of things you want to hear but hardly ever follows through.
Good employees with demanding work loads.
Inside Sales (Industrial / OEM) (Former Employee) –  Fenton, MOSeptember 11, 2015
The job was always demanding. Everyday was a learning experience. The best part of the job was getting to know your customers needs. Interacting with manufactures reps. Developing that working relationship. My co-workers are a great group of experienced personnel. There is a decent amount of pressure to make numbers at the end of the month. This happens with large companies.
Pros
good benefits - good pay - good people
So-So Job
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  GAAugust 3, 2015
Good work environment. No room for advancement in the Customer Financial Services department. Low end for compensation compared to other similar positions. Decent benefits
Overall Great Place to work
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJune 29, 2015
I worked supporting supply chain for a large customer. I found the job interesting and challenging. The company was very good to me and I would recommend it to another.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gexpro. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8