Gexpro Employee Reviews

Excellent place to work; knowledgeable staff
Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Williamsville, NYFebruary 4, 2018
Small branch, but staff was extremely knowledgeable and willing to help others when needed. It converted to a non-stocking branch and a major supplier change caused a loss of several key accounts and the branch to eventually close.
Pros
Knowledgeable staff
Cons
Non-stocking branch; customer had to wait for items
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 26, 2018
great place to work for, it was a temp job, but i love it. everything about the job was great. i have no complains, or comments to say about this company.
Great Work Place
A/R Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Smyrna, GAOctober 18, 2017
The managers are great. Really relaxed and slow paced. The people there are awesome. Has a lot of office bonding events. Family feel to the office. Two thumbs up.
Good job
Electrical Technician (Former Employee) –  OKC, OKSeptember 29, 2017
Warehouse company that also makes backpanels. Fun job in a fast paced but relaxed atmosphere. No real downside to working for this company. Would have been nice to be paid more but thats always true.
Fun and exciting place to work
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILSeptember 15, 2017
Wish they paided more. Fun and safe place to work. people are willing to help you learn. Also have company picnic...Thats a plus. The manager will buy lunch on Fridays. You get nice breakroom with TV
Pros
The people are great/ saftey is first
Cons
The pay check
Excellent workplace with hardworking people
Project Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lecanto, FL and Belton, SCAugust 24, 2017
Gexpro is a very good company to work for and who care about family. Customer service is very important and we go above and beyond to ensure that our customers needs are meant. I worked mostly at power plant construction sites and provided on the spot electrical supply support. This would limit the amount of time a customer needs to order product by being on location. My management team is in another state but ensure I get everything that I need to include time off, and product support. I enjoyed just the hard work and the people that I supported daily.
Pros
Paid time off
Cons
Steel toe boots
Stressful environment
Project Specialist (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDAugust 3, 2017
The environment with Gexpro was out of my comfort zone. They deal with a lot with electricians and contractors. I did office work, but still had interactions with the people who came in. They used foul language along with other things and it just wasn't an environment I was comfortable in.
Pros
decent benefits
Cons
rough interactions with other people
Slow and boring
Kitter (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJune 3, 2017
Gexpro is not a great place to work. They don't recognize the hard work or dedication there employees put in for the company. They make sure to make u feel unwanted
Pros
Coworkers that care
Cons
Bad work enviroment
The expectations of the job required extra manpower due to the product mix (40+% non-electrical), lots of time consuming research
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  JacksonvilleMay 25, 2017
Leadership at the branch level was non-existent, anyone can be the BOSS. Asked multiple times for help or made suggestions to help me be better in my job but was always denied. The workload (order entry, customer interfacing and research) at this particular job nearly doubled in the last 18 months. Unfortunately it's not an "8-5 M-F" job but according to my former BOSS the position is very much an 8-5 job.

Program Manager (?)
Gexpro - Jacksonville
Pros
Quiet time after 5:00
Cons
Difficult to stay motivated when the Boss leaves the office early daily, but as he's walking out reminds everyone that we need more sales.
Unfit work place Due to mystery dust and politics.
Project Specialist (Current Employee) –  Denver, COApril 3, 2017
I deemed it as an unfit work environment. Most of the employees pride themselves in never leaving and never getting a decent raise or promotion. The 7325 Denver Branch is the worst because they have "50 yr old mystery dust. A political system fixed within the branch to keep the employees that are not currently up to speed with the latest software in power. Most employees maintain terrible time management. Leaving extra work for any willing body, also the lowest in these politics bares the brunt. Even the people there for decades complain and find it hard to dismiss this "50 yr old mystery dust" that rumor has it, multiple people died from various cancers. If you have a great golf swing you'll do well.
Pros
1hr lunch
Cons
Dust/politics
Great management, flexible schedule.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIMarch 28, 2017
This company was great to me, and I enjoyed working here. Though the work itself did not interest me, I stuck with it because I enjoyed working with the team, and had a great mentor.
Ownership with creative solutions.
Account Manager / Program Specialist (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMarch 3, 2017
*Managing priorities+ tackling challenges.
* Out of the box thinking.
*Management allows ownership
*Work as a team.
*Engineering aspect with OEM.
*Winning sales opportunities.
Pros
The day is constantly changing.
Cons
Inventory management- forklifts and tall ladders.
Good company but has flawes
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Madison, ALOctober 3, 2016
Great work experience but had limited growth potential due to management style. Company continued to pull from outside sources and not promoting within.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
No growth
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 14, 2016
Gexpro is great place to work with some really great management. They have goals that I think will help move the company in the right direction. I really enjoy my co-workers, they are very helpful with helping answering my questions that I have. Hardest part of the job would be the stress that is put on the employees to perform at the same or higher level with less people.
Enjoy your job
Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Riverside, MOJune 6, 2016
My motto is to "enjoy your job"...thank means everyone around me, including myself, is much more productive if you enjoy your job. Due to my personality I am always in a great mood...regardless of the stress and pressures. I am able to complete my work daily with few or no mistakes and make my duties look easy. I have been involved in Corporate America for 30+ years and I am looking for a new home!
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Dirty work space
Would not recommend
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCMay 22, 2016
Would not recommend. Unorthodox ed company. Changes in policies and procedures take place too often. There is really no true direction on what is expected.
Productive and fun work place
Account Cleanser (Analysis) (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAMay 4, 2016
Very laid back company with very nice people to work with. Typical day is distributing files to each Gexpro collectors, open and distribute mail, print invoices, and log incoming checks on excel spreadsheet to send to Bank of America lockbox. The hardest part of my job is sometimes not having enough work throughout the day. The most enjoyable part of my job is having a job to come to every morning; I love what I do.
Pros
Very laid back.
Cons
Always having a hiring freeze.
Great work environment and team members. Being part of the Energy Solutions team we were the the sales growth division for the last 6 years
National Lighting Technical Specialist (Former Employee) –  RemoteApril 1, 2016
 Advanced technology integration and training, ecoInsight
 Designed lighting layouts with AGI32
 Supported Global Accounts team to exceed TCO goals
 Managed vendor relations with strategic suppliers
 Assisted National Accounts in energy-saving Kaizen projects
Pros
Great team to work with and promotes the entrepreneurial spirt
Cons
Company downsizing the support teams and closing branches and I was laid off
Not a place to be for a growth opportunity....
Outside Sales (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILMarch 25, 2016
No training to speak of, no management direction ( they all will forget about you as they are promoted...) Don't waste your time here.
Poorly managed in Pensacola FL
Warehouse (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLMarch 22, 2016
Poor management have poured over into an overall negative work culture, even affecting the culture on the warehouse floor. Nothing they do is "personal," "it's just business." So whether they lie or cheat a customer, or whether they lie or cheat an employee or temporary employee, as long as management gets their money, that's all they're concerned with. Work here at your own risk.
Pros
Money is better than a lot of other places in Pensacola
Cons
The negative environment wears you down after working in it for a long time