GF MANAGEMENT Employee Reviews

Great management team
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 5, 2017
I enjoyed working for GF Management, the management team was always only a phone call away. Great staff to work with. Our GM taught us great management skills... Kudos to GF Management.
company that has allowed me to grow from a banquet chef to a regional director of food and beverage
Regional Food & Beverage Director (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 11, 2017
I have had the pleasure of working for this company for 20 years come this November. They have allowed me to grow personally and professionally. As the old saying goes, you get out what you put in, which is very true with this organization. If you are a hard working and have a true passion for hospitality you will go far.
worst place to work
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  FloridaApril 17, 2017
There's no growth in the company unless you're a kiss a**. Because our administrator assistant was African American she didn't qualify for the Assistant Manager position st our hotel, even with over 7 years of hospitality experience. There's better companies to work for.
Pros
Cons
low payment, over-worked
Revolving door
Controller (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 7, 2017
This company has a problem retaining good talent. I have been working in the corporate office for a number of years and would not recommend my worst enemy to work here.

If you happen to join GF, do your best to avoid those people on the top of the organizational chart.

Also, there is no HR department... it is actually run by the attorney. This is craziness!
Pros
Office location
Cons
Senior Management
Avoid at all costs !!!
Manager (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVFebruary 23, 2017
Several years as an under-paid, over-work manager..... I have seen it all ! EVERYTHING is based on profit and very little is based around customer satisfaction. Employee moral is ALWAYS at rock bottom due to extremely poor upper management. Wonderful employees are dumped without warning just to make budget. People who have given years of their blood sweat and tears to this company are trashed so that some corporate clown can take another golf vacation !! I've seen it happen to MANY !! AVOID at all costs !!
Pros
Nice golf courses
Cons
Condition of hotel, upper management, workplace environment
not a good management company to work for.
Assit. Director of housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 2, 2017
I worked for the company for 12 years and each year got worst. excepted long hours with no incentive or bonus. I worked 10 to 12 hours a day, sometimes 6 days a week. I learned the politics of a work place and how lowly upper management feels about staff.The staff in the departments were like family. The hardest part of the job was doing 2 jobs a day.
This can't be a real company....
Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 27, 2017
Working for this company has been absolutely horrendous. There's no leadership, and the only attempt to lead, can only be described as following unenthusiastic stereo instructions.
You know what's really terrible? Not being told my compensation would be cut, and Finding when I get my paycheck.
This company is absolutely grotesque.
Pros
Quitting
Cons
All of them
Company Only Cares About The Bottom Line, Ineffective Leadership, Disregards Team Members
Front Desk Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJanuary 23, 2017
Personally, I would not recommend working for this company. Leaders are ineffective, immature, and often only work to serve strict corporate requirements rather than take care of their team members. Compensation is very low compared to the industry average, benefits are relatively worthless, and employee morale seems to consistently suffer at the hands of arrogance and egotism.
Cons
Low Compensation, Ineffective Management, Low Workplace Morale
One of the best in the Hospitality Industry!
Director of Sales (Former Employee) –  FloridaOctober 12, 2016
This is a great company and one of the few who continuously
provide great training for Sales, Catering and Hotel Operations.
G F Management is one of the best companies in the hospitality industry!
Pros
Provide great training
Outstanding management company - with some opportunity
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 12, 2016
First and foremost, this is one of the most dynamic companies in the industry. There are very few organizations out there that can operate both select service and ultra luxury hotels at the same time.

There are some new people in Philadelphia and they are the ones pushing a big cultural change. The manage by fear mentality is long gone - I think they all retired.

My RVP is incredibly knowledgeable and accessible. These two things are important to my success.

There is a ton of opportunity with reporting, revenue management, and food and beverage. GF gets the job done, but there are easier ways to make it happen
Pros
Job security, Open Dialogue
Cons
backlogs
Not a bad gig
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 29, 2016
GF management, just like all hotel companies, has a bad rap online

There are a number of senior leaders that comes from a management by fear mentality - HOWEVER - there is a conscious effort in the company to make this stop.

My experience was fantastic. There are a couple of new faces in Philadelphia and they are making a difference.
Pros
Compensation, flexibility
Cons
Receivership business, It, WW marketing
great company
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 23, 2016
I loved working for this company, Great management team. Takes care of their hourly and salary employees. My overall experience working for this company was Excellent.
Pros
great management team
Very challenging hotel company
Director of Guest Services (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 19, 2016
GF management is one of the most challenging companies in the Philadelphia area. They are very known for sacrificing employee satisfaction for the hotels bottom line. I worked for this company for roughly a year and it was a very unhappy, tumultuous experience. Corporate involvement forces managers against each other. Many properties go through constant leadership changes resulting in a lack of direction and an environment with a terrible culture. There are some positive individuals but they are severely overshadowed by the controlling and manipulative managers. I worked for the Hilton Garden Inn in Philadelphia as a manager. Line level employees are paid significantly less than comparable properties in the Philadelphia area.

Essentially you have to be part of the boys club to fit in. I've seen many managers and supervisors do questionable things some making racist statements to staff and guest with no consequences. Worthing long hours and no support is a common theme in hotel operations but this company takes it to another level. Positions were eliminated and expextations increased. Avoid this company at all cost.
Pros
You get a paycheck
Cons
Management infighting, low pay for staff making hiring quality people difficult.
Nice and friendly place to work
Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 28, 2015
Good place to work. It has fun learning the hotel and hospitality business. I work with different controllers that have hotels across the country. I assist with A/P, A/R, payroll, journal entries. I was promoted after six months working with the company. The people I work with are nice and helpful.
Pros
hour lunch break
Cons
no flex time
Horrible Company
Employee (Current Employee) –  NJApril 3, 2015
Absolutely the worst company I've ever worked for! The came in and all heck broke loose. GM lives on property for over a year monday-friday (leaves early Friday to return midday Monday because his family lives in another state?!? Horrible management if you call it's that. Dos sleeping with married payroll. HR ignores cries for help from a department in leadership crisis and they do nothing!! Absuive work environment!!
Pros
? A job
Cons
Any and everything
the worst!
- (Former Employee) –  'April 1, 2015
Beware .... GF does not care about you. They don't care about the guests or employees. The top priority is the GOP.

I have worked in the hotel industry for man years and GF is one of the worse atmospheres I've been a part of.
Great People and Experiences
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VAJune 26, 2014
I have met and worked with a lot of great, smart, capable people in GF Management.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Traveling
Commited to both service and business
Front Desk Manager (Former Employee) –  Lexinton KYApril 28, 2014
I was a manager with GF for several years. They are a time tested management company that balances guest service and successful business through attention to detail and personal accountability. I would recommend employment or business with GF.
Pros
Promote from within. Structured and time tested management
Fun to work for open envirnoment
Corporate Controller (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 9, 2014
I learned a great deal
Co-workers were great felt home
Hardest part of job was multi-tasking
The most enjoyable part of the job was th people there and the people off location
Pros
Hour lunch
Cons
Overload of wrk with new properties and closings of properties
Best Internship I could've asked for
INTERNSHIP (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 9, 2013
I interned at GF Management for 6 months. During my time there I was responsible for several reports for different departments, including collecting guest scores for their hotels, Trip Advisor reports, wedding test calls, and my favorite: research projects and property reports for competitive analysis in feasibility studies.
The co-workers were amazing, management has since remained a network and still helps in my current success in the job I have now.
The hardest part about my job was that it was an unpaid internship so I managed a restaurant at night to earn money.
The entire experience was amazing - I had no complaints.
Pros
The experience, co-workers, projects, networking opportunities
Cons
unpaid, no room to stay on as they continue to hire unpaid interns

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GF MANAGEMENT. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8