GFI Digital Employee Reviews

Great place to work, Great Culture and opportunities!
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 16, 2017
GFI invests in its employees and the growth of the employees. From a sales perspective, the job is clearly laid out and expectations are clearly articulated. If you are willing to put in the effort, the reward both monetarily and personally are there!!
Cons
Great Pay, Great coaching, Great company!!
Work Hard, Play hard
Warehouse Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 16, 2017
GFI Digital has an amazing culture and atmosphere. We drive to work hard as a team, that comradery to produce, creates close bonds among the employees. Those bonds create trust and openness to voice concerns and ideas along the way. GFI turns around and gives a lot back to us, employees, from lake outings, barbee-q's, and fun meetings.
Pros
culture
Amazing company to work for!
Administrative Specialist (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 16, 2017
GFI is an amazing company to work for. You are treated like family. It is a very forward thinking company with amazing opportunities for growth. The opportunities for advancement are endless. The owner goes above and beyond to reward and recognized employees for a job well done. In addition to great incentives, there are also several fun team/company outings every year to enable the employees to relax, unwind, and spend time with fellow co-workers.
Pros
Culture, advancement opportunities, the owner and management truly care about their employees.
Stay away from GFI
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jefferson City, MOJuly 13, 2017
I was ultimately fired from GFI for my attention to detail and billing errors. At the time that I was employed there, I had several personal issues occurring at the same time. Instead of writing me up consistently, if they had recommended a leave of absence or counseling, end result specifically with them would have been much different. I was to the point of burn out and did not care any longer. I was devasted and shocked when I was let go less than ten days before Christmas. I worked for very little compensation in a very stressful and high paced position. I would never recommend anyone to work there. Ultimately, they did me a favor because I now make double what I did there and am so much happier.
Pros
Certain staff
Cons
High pressure environment for poor pay, too many to count
Intense but rewarding
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSMay 31, 2017
GFI Digital was a great place for me to start my professional career in sales. It is a fun, fast paced environment but requires a lot of hard work. They reward those who perform well but they are also very straightforward about how well you need to perform to keep your job; which is refreshing knowing exactly what you need to do. The company culture is great and a lot of fun. A typical day at work is a meeting almost every morning until about 8:30 or 9am and then being out in your territory prospecting and selling the products until about 4pm when you return to the office to prepare for the next day.
Pros
Lots of outside events each month the company performs well (Royal's games, going to get drinks, Top Golf, etc.)
Cons
Very high pressure to perform well, intense workplace if you arent at quota
review
Sales, Major Account Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 17, 2016
I did not enjoy my time there/here. I wish they had better managment, the owner is the absolute worst. hes a bad person and a awful president.
The harder you work, the more you can make
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSMay 19, 2016
Great place to work. Management was helpful at times but MIA at other times. The money was great. A typical day at work would: 8:00am start time, out in the field prospecting by 9:30am, Appointments in the afternoon, back in the office after 4:00pm.
Work hard, play hard.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 16, 2016
In a very tough industry to set yourself apart, GFI has done that. Tough but fair. turn over can be larger compared to other industries, but GFI's open book management shows you where you are and where you need to be to achieve your goals.
Pros
work hard, play hard
Cons
can be very competitive
If you enjoy being miserable...
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSFebruary 17, 2016
..then this is the company for you. The upper management tries to instill the fear of God into branch management, only for that fear to be pushed onto the Account Managers. Competition in the work place is normal and welcomed, but this company takes it to a new level. But the pay is fantastic, as are the benefits. The company also enjoys a good scandal because who doesn't enjoy gossiping like they're a 16 year-old girl in the work place. There is a high turn over rate with not only management, but with the Account Managers as well. Upon an Account Manager leaving the company, the remaining Account Managers are told they are not to speak to this person otherwise they will end up fired if caught. Apply at your own risk if you think the payout is worth it.
Easy job, however, very physical work.
WAREHOUSE ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Hazelwood, Mo.March 10, 2015
Be careful of nepotism. I have learned when they say they are for the families they are , their own . The job was physical but, good as long as everyone one is pulling their weight. That did not always happen. Which made the job harder then it needed to be.
Pros
hour lunches
Cons
no room for advancement
Fun and Productive Place to Work
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 15, 2014
I enjoyed the job. The days fly by. They ensure that you stay busy at all times which is good. I had to leave the job to move back home due to family reasons.
steady work with good people
Field service tech (Former Employee) –  Hazelwood, MOAugust 30, 2014
A typical day at GFI you will work at your own pace and do a lot of the same thing over and over but it will be to your advantage to do it the same way every time.
Cons
GFI was a growing company that offered a challenging learning curve. It was rewarding to build new skills and earn a place as a valued employee.
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  4848 park 370 blvd suite b Hazelwood, Mo 63042June 24, 2013
A typical day at work involved completing service calls at multiple customer locations. Effectively communicating with the customer about the issues, reported and the result of my efforts.
I learned extensive technical skills, leveraging available documentation and experience to implement a reliable resolution for the lowest cost to the company.
Management focused on improved performance and metrics. During my time with the company, technical operations revised many processes for efficiency. I found my work habits were not seriously impacted as a result.
GFI treated its employees like family, they recognized birthdays and anniversaries. A few times a year it sponsored weekend get-aways to promote teamwork. While most contests focused on the Sales team, alternative recognition always included all teams.
Pros
competitive salary, company vehicle and bonus program
Great opportunity for sales professionals, fast paced with great earning potential
Account Managet (Current Employee) –  SE MOFebruary 18, 2013
GFI is a great place to work. You manage your territory like your own little business. The earnings potential is great and all you have to do is your job. The benefits package is clear that GFI takes care of its employees. There is a lot of growth potential in the SE MO market. What a great time to start your new career.
Good as any other company in this industry
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSJanuary 5, 2013
I made numerous cold calls both by going business to business and making phone calls. I took customers through all steps of the sales process.
Pros
was able to learn sales process from start to finish
Cons
n/a
Fun team environment
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas City KSJuly 18, 2012
A typical day was spent in the field making cold calls or running appointments I set. I quickly learned and honed my negotiating, prospecting and closing skills. The hardest part of the job is the daily grind of being on foot.
Pros
earning potential
Cons
upward mobility limited