GfK Employee Reviews in United States

Non productive place
Telephone Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Athens, GAJuly 17, 2016
That kind of companies in Greece offered jobs without insurance mostly in students. The working environment is very unorganized and the salary is just a joke.
That jobs are good only you are a teen or up to 20 years old in order to get a allowance and nothing more.
Pros
Cons
Salary, rediculous working object
been at job for 18 years experienced at all office functions
Research Analyst (Current Employee) –  Maryland Heights, MOJuly 6, 2016
love the job i am doing but no way to move up in the company if you dont have a college degree i have trained employees when asked even though i am not a supervisor i have knowledge of every job that is being done in the office i have monitoring skills and some excel knowledge when i do reports
Pros
flexible hours and get a raise every year
Cons
no benefits at all
They offer free coffee & tea
Manager (Current Employee) –  NYJanuary 29, 2016
GfK has a standard of working their employees to the bone. There is no work life balance.Some employees are allowed to do what ever they want while the rest are held to a different standard.
Many of my co-workers have quit working at GfK and gone on to work elsewhere.
The best part of the job is the free coffee and tea.
Losing sight of what's important
SVP Consulting (Current Employee) –  Los AngelesSeptember 26, 2015
I've been at GfK for six years, and I have seen it become increasingly bureaucratic, self absorbed, and detached from what is really important: delivering quality research to clients.

GfK has lots of bright people, but work/life balance has become non-existent and getting worse.

GfK pays below what other giant research companies pay. It used to be that lower pay came with more stability and job security, but that's gone too.

Despite subpar pay, GfK offers generous benefits.
Pros
Smart people; generous benefits
Cons
Overworked, bureaucratic. spend more time pushing paper and less time doing analysis for clients; pay is so-so
Great Job!
Auditor/Mystery Shopper (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 25, 2015
I love conducting audits and mystery shopping. It is fun exciting and filled with rewards. I love the flexibility it gives me to choose or refuse a particular job. I also enjoy the pay which is great.
Pros
Assignments are varied
Cons
I have to travel a lot
Large company with good people
Vice President (Current Employee) –  East Hanover, NJJanuary 19, 2015
GfK has really good people who work there. The work/life balance is good in terms of their flexibility with working from home.
Pros
work from home
Cons
administrative processes
GFK a good company always striving to improve thier bottom line
Information Systems Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 11, 2015
GFK is a marketing research company with offices all over the world.

I am a developer working on one of their major data delivery applications. Our clients use this application to query study data.

I am working out of one of their Midwest offices but the programming is centered out of the UK and France. I will have three online team meetings every week. As a programmer, I have learned a lot about good programming techniques. We are big into unit testing and agile development.

The hardest part of my job is the time difference between me and the rest of my team. They are 6 and 7 hours ahead of me. My boss is in France. Due to this some travel is required and that is not something I like to do.

I think GFK is a good company. They managed to stay profitable is a bad economy. If you like to travel it is a great place to work.
my review
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Belgrade, MTDecember 21, 2014
▪ Data entry, processing and data analysis, SPSS, Epi Data, market research, working in the agency for market research and press clipping jobs
good place to work
mystery shopper (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 6, 2014
make your own hours. you have can do your own schedules. it pays you just to do your regular routines if u want.I love it as an extra gig.
Pros
make your own schedule
Cons
dont work much
Flexible yet large company
Marketing and Data Scientist (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CASeptember 21, 2014
Spend much of my data doing data cleaning, preparing data to be used in analytics. Once analytics are run usually provide a short explanation of what results mean.

Since I've been with GfK, I've learned many of the simple things that go into working everyday with a corporation. Plus I've really improved my R, SPSS, SAS and Excel VBA programming as that is what I spend 95% of my time doing.

My manager is really hands off, I only speak with her about once a week but she is extremely supportive with helping me achieve my goals within the company. All of the other managers in the group are really helpful when I have questions or concerns and the managing director is fierce in her protection of our group and the individuals in it.

The hardest part of the job is dealing with complicated, dirty datasets. We occasionally get extremely confusing, poorly labelled datasets and untangling exactly what variables we need to pull out to run the analysis requested. Another difficult but to be expected part of the job is coordinating with the client services people exactly what the expect and getting them to give us reasonable timelines.

The most enjoyable part of the job is my coworkers are extremely nice and helpful. Spending all day with people I really enjoy being around and are interesting is a huge positive. Plus they are extremely knowledgable about analytics and various programming languages which they are always willing to share with a relative newcomer to commercial uses of these programs.

Another positive is the flexibility of the company. We can work from home whenever we want
  more... and the work schedule is flexible about when we can work. I live an hour from the office so my manager says it's fine if I work 7-4 or whatever I need to avoid traffic.  less
Pros
nice coworkers, great healthcare, extremely flexible
Cons
no travel, loss of in-office perks, big company with lots of turnover
Secret shopper.
Also, Auditor for Best Buy (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 1, 2013
The assignments come through the internet. Currently they are secret shopping restaurants. They don't pay very well considering the amount of time involved, but it keeps my skills sharp. There is very little management involvement other than reporting the visit.
While I worked for GFK for the Best Buy series that was awesome. I got to meet lots of people and worked with store managers. That was a very good paying job for the time involved. The reporting was very long process though.