GfK

GfK United States Employee Reviews

Large company with good people
Vice President (Current Employee), East Hanover, NJJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: work from home
Cons: administrative processes
GfK has really good people who work there. The work/life balance is good in terms of their flexibility with working from home.
GFK a good company always striving to improve thier bottom line
Information Systems Manager (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOJanuary 11, 2015
GFK is a marketing research company with offices all over the world.

I am a developer working on one of their major data delivery applications. Our clients use this application to query study data.

I am working out of one of their Midwest offices but the programming is centered out of the UK and France. I will have three online team meetings every week. As a programmer, I have learned a lot about good programming techniques. We are big into unit testing and agile development.

The hardest part of my job is the time difference between me and the rest of my team. They are 6 and 7 hours ahead of me. My boss is in France. Due to this some travel is required and that is not something I like to do.

I think GFK is a good company. They managed to stay profitable is a bad economy. If you like to travel it is a great place to work.
my review
Analyst (Former Employee), Belgrade, MTDecember 21, 2014
▪ Data entry, processing and data analysis, SPSS, Epi Data, market research, working in the agency for market research and press clipping jobs
good place to work
mystery shopper (Current Employee), Chicago, ILNovember 6, 2014
Pros: make your own schedule
Cons: dont work much
make your own hours. you have can do your own schedules. it pays you just to do your regular routines if u want.I love it as an extra gig.
Flexible yet large company
Marketing and Data Scientist (Current Employee), Palo Alto, CASeptember 21, 2014
Pros: nice coworkers, great healthcare, extremely flexible
Cons: no travel, loss of in-office perks, big company with lots of turnover
Spend much of my data doing data cleaning, preparing data to be used in analytics. Once analytics are run usually provide a short explanation of what results mean.

Since I've been with GfK, I've learned many of the simple things that go into working everyday with a corporation. Plus I've really improved my R, SPSS, SAS and Excel VBA programming as that is what I spend 95% of my time doing.

My manager is really hands off, I only speak with her about once a week but she is extremely supportive with helping me achieve my goals within the company. All of the other managers in the group are really helpful when I have questions or concerns and the managing director is fierce in her protection of our group and the individuals in it.

The hardest part of the job is dealing with complicated, dirty datasets. We occasionally get extremely confusing, poorly labelled datasets and untangling exactly what variables we need to pull out to run the analysis requested. Another difficult but to be expected part of the job is coordinating with the client services people exactly what the expect and getting them to give us reasonable timelines.

The most enjoyable part of the job is my coworkers are extremely nice and helpful. Spending all day with people I really enjoy being around and are interesting is a huge positive. Plus they are extremely knowledgable about analytics and various programming languages which they are always willing to share with a relative newcomer to commercial uses of these programs.

Another positive is the flexibility of the company. We can work from home whenever we want and the work schedule is flexible about when we can work. I live an hour from the office so my manager says it's fine if I work 7-4 or whatever I need to avoid traffic.
it was a good job for being 15 anmd a half
Interviewer (Former Employee), Downey, CAFebruary 20, 2014
Pros: cloes to school, and home
Cons: bas hours
it was fun and i had a great learning experience. i did not like that it was in side of a mall. but for my first job, and still being in high school its good.
Secret shopper.
Also, Auditor for Best Buy (Current Employee), New York, NYNovember 1, 2013
The assignments come through the internet. Currently they are secret shopping restaurants. They don't pay very well considering the amount of time involved, but it keeps my skills sharp. There is very little management involvement other than reporting the visit.
While I worked for GFK for the Best Buy series that was awesome. I got to meet lots of people and worked with store managers. That was a very good paying job for the time involved. The reporting was very long process though.