GfK

GfK Employer Reviews

Large company with good people
Vice President (Current Employee), East Hanover, NJJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: work from home
Cons: administrative processes
GfK has really good people who work there. The work/life balance is good in terms of their flexibility with working from home.
GFK a good company always striving to improve thier bottom line
Information Systems Manager (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOJanuary 11, 2015
GFK is a marketing research company with offices all over the world.

I am a developer working on one of their major data delivery applications. Our clients use this application to query study data.

I am working out of one of their Midwest offices but the programming is centered out of the UK and France. I will have three online team meetings every week. As a programmer, I have learned a lot about good programming techniques. We are big into unit testing and agile development.

The hardest part of my job is the time difference between me and the rest of my team. They are 6 and 7 hours ahead of me. My boss is in France. Due to this some travel is required and that is not something I like to do.

I think GFK is a good company. They managed to stay profitable is a bad economy. If you like to travel it is a great place to work.
my review
Analyst (Former Employee), Belgrade, MTDecember 21, 2014
▪ Data entry, processing and data analysis, SPSS, Epi Data, market research, working in the agency for market research and press clipping jobs
good place to work
mystery shopper (Current Employee), Chicago, ILNovember 6, 2014
Pros: make your own schedule
Cons: dont work much
make your own hours. you have can do your own schedules. it pays you just to do your regular routines if u want.I love it as an extra gig.
Flexible yet large company
Marketing and Data Scientist (Current Employee), Palo Alto, CASeptember 21, 2014
Pros: nice coworkers, great healthcare, extremely flexible
Cons: no travel, loss of in-office perks, big company with lots of turnover
Spend much of my data doing data cleaning, preparing data to be used in analytics. Once analytics are run usually provide a short explanation of what results mean.

Since I've been with GfK, I've learned many of the simple things that go into working everyday with a corporation. Plus I've really improved my R, SPSS, SAS and Excel VBA programming as that is what I spend 95% of my time doing.

My manager is really hands off, I only speak with her about once a week but she is extremely supportive with helping me achieve my goals within the company. All of the other managers in the group are really helpful when I have questions or concerns and the managing director is fierce in her protection of our group and the individuals in it.

The hardest part of the job is dealing with complicated, dirty datasets. We occasionally get extremely confusing, poorly labelled datasets and untangling exactly what variables we need to pull out to run the analysis requested. Another difficult but to be expected part of the job is coordinating with the client services people exactly what the expect and getting them to give us reasonable timelines.

The most enjoyable part of the job is my coworkers are extremely nice and helpful. Spending all day with people I really enjoy being around and are interesting is a huge positive. Plus they are extremely knowledgable about analytics and various programming languages which they are always willing to share with a relative newcomer to commercial uses of these programs.

Another positive is the flexibility of the company. We can work from home whenever we want and the work schedule is flexible about when we can work. I live an hour from the office so my manager says it's fine if I work 7-4 or whatever I need to avoid traffic.
it was a good job for being 15 anmd a half
Interviewer (Former Employee), Downey, CAFebruary 20, 2014
Pros: cloes to school, and home
Cons: bas hours
it was fun and i had a great learning experience. i did not like that it was in side of a mall. but for my first job, and still being in high school its good.
Secret shopper.
Also, Auditor for Best Buy (Current Employee), New York, NYNovember 1, 2013
The assignments come through the internet. Currently they are secret shopping restaurants. They don't pay very well considering the amount of time involved, but it keeps my skills sharp. There is very little management involvement other than reporting the visit.
While I worked for GFK for the Best Buy series that was awesome. I got to meet lots of people and worked with store managers. That was a very good paying job for the time involved. The reporting was very long process though.
Time flexibility
Survey Analyst (Former Employee), São Paulo, SPSeptember 6, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: long surveys to be taken
Get payed by survey, hours flexibility and easy work environment.
Good, tough place to work
Client Service Consultant (Former Employee), Moscow, RussiaAugust 22, 2014
Pros: young, friendly team
Cons: long hours
Good company, although with quite a harsh work-life balance.
Well organized company with many opportunities for personal growth and talent management
Research Consultant (Current Employee), The netherlandsApril 9, 2014
Pros: focus on talentmanagement
Cons: few international positions available
I have responsibility for more than 15 clients with a total budget of over 500K. I perform my work in my own style as an upbeat person and I am at my best in challenging, fast paced environments. I am known for my ability to quickly establish trust with employees and motivate others into action. In addition, I have solid multi-tasking, and decision-making skills that can make an immediate contribution to your team.
Extremely hard working staff
Field Manager (Current Employee), Niagara Falls, ONNovember 5, 2013
Pros: great encouragement and understanding from in house management
Cons: my department after 10 yrs is closing
IFR Group in house office has been a wonderful place to work at for 10 yrs. We all pitch in to help and to get the job done.
pessoa dinâmica e com facilidade de aprender
pesquisadora (Former Employee), São Paulo, SPJanuary 17, 2015
Pros: vr, vt e localização
Cons: limitação no crescimento profissional
Sou uma pessoa de fácil comunicação, com facilidade de aprendizado, gosto de trabalhar em equipe, porém sou uma boa argumentadora, na medida do possível expresso minha opnião e tento chegar a melhor solução pra qualquer problema.
A parte mais agradável do trabalho é ver o mesmo realizado com sucesso.
excelente grupo de trabajo
Encuestadora (Former Employee), Barranquilla, ATLJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: eso tampoco
Cons: los descansos los domingos medio dia
la verdad es que las encuestan traían muchas preguntas, y el encuestado ya estaba molesto, unos si y otros no. y lo bueno era cuando ya cumplíamos la meta , del trabajo. mis compañeros eran muy colaboradores atentos a cualquier error, pero bueno equipo..
garn dinamica de trabajo con gente nueva todos los dias
auditor de campo (Former Employee), Ciudad de México, DIFNovember 30, 2014
Pros: adquisicion de conocimientos del medio de forma dinamica
Cons: poca depuracion de personal externo
Empresa de las mas importantes en la investigacion de mercados.
Ambiente de trabajo atractivo con gente divertida
Operador de entrada de folleto (Former Employee), BulgariaNovember 14, 2014
El día empieza con cafe y un poco de charlar. Despúes toda la gente está de su sitio para trabajar. Así hasta el hora para comer ( en medio día ). Comida ( en la oficina o en un restaurante ) y un poco descansar. Después todo el mundo se vuelve de su lugar para continuar el trabajo. Por la tarde si alguien quiere puede tomar un cafe. En esta empresa se trabaja hasta las 18.00.
investigacion de mercado (Current Employee), Lima, LIMNovember 9, 2014
Pros: no hay presion solo cumplimiento de meta uno sabe el objetivo y se cumple si o si
Cons: no hay apoyo al personal en beneficios
el tema de empresa es complicado. porque tenia que contactar a la persona que administraba la lineas moviles de la empresa y pedirle tiempo para conversar ya que son personas muy ocupadas. debia tener una diccion en las palabras, impostacion, para convencer. o robarle de 15 a 20 minutos;para hablar temas de contratacion del operador, servicio, cobertura, calidad de llamadas , facturacion.es decir el empresario evalua la atencion y servio del operador contrato en escalas como tambien comentar abiertamente los problemas que tenian con su servicio. y lograr que no te corten a mitad o faltando 2 o 3 preguntas despues de 30 preguntas que hice y que te costo conseguirlo. y uno no sabe quien esta detras de la linea, pueden ser gerentes, jefes derr.hh. propietarios o comerciantes, llame a congreso, penal, consutoras, cias. bancos, bodegas, de acuerdo al nivel de empresa salian mas preguntas pero dentro de todo te sientes bien concluir esa encuesta si o si.
siempre serena en mi trabajo, me dedico a lo mio sin molestar a los otros me enfoco mucho en lo que hago. hay momentos de compartir con los compañeros, no todo es trabajo.
pero por el lado de mi empresa no me siento bien por lo que no tengo ningun beneficio de ley. nos exigen mucho pero no me siento muy a gusto.por parte de ellos.
Empresa dinâmica, com forte alinhamento internacional e cultura empresarial definida.
Analista Sênior de Projetos e Inteligência Digital (Former Employee), São Paulo, SPOctober 9, 2014
Pros: ótimo ambiente de trabalho e cooperação entre as equipes
A GfK é um ótimo lugar para um aprendizado contínuo de todos os processos que envolvem a pesquisa de mercado. Há uma cultura empresarial sólida e que busca pessoas dinâmicas, criativas, abertas a mudanças e com experiências profissionais variadas, o que contribui para a contínua renovação da empresa dentro de seus pilares.
Há um esforço constante da diretoria para que todas as equipes estejam sempre integradas e tenham a percepção de como seu trabalho contribui e afeta a empresa e as outras equipes.
Mesmo com a rotina sabidamente árdua e a grande competição na área de pesquisa de mercado, dentro da GfK se mantém uma rotina que ajuda no crescimento profissional e pessoal dos colaboradores, fazendo com que mesmo com as demandas inerentes ao trabalho, haja espaço para o aprimoramento contínuo.
ikna edebilme yeteneği
Anketör (Former Employee), İstanbul avrupa, T34May 7, 2014
Pros: öğle yemeği
Cons: tehlikeli durumlarla karşılaşabilme
her çeşit insanla karşılaşıldığı için öncelikli olarak kendimizi güvende hissetmenin önemli olduğu ve bu kapsamda çalışılabileceği bilincini oturttuktan sonra insanlarla kurulacak diyaloğun önemli olduğu, ikna edebilme kabiliyetinin geliştirmek için birebir bir iş.
enquêtrice dépôt appareil à scanner de consommation
Enquêtrice de sondage (Former Employee), Brussels, BRUApril 26, 2014
Pros: le salaire très actractive
Cons: métier indépendante
- recrutement des participants bénévoles
- études statistiques de compatibilité
- dépôt de l'appareil à scanner
- explication de l'utilisation de l'appareil
- reprise de l'appareil lors de la fin d'étude

rencontre de nouvelle participante - difficulté le choix et surtout leur faire comprendre que c est une étude de longue durée et de ce fait qu'il sache tenir 1an minimum

libre d'aller où je veux pour le recrutement ainsi que l'horaire de travail
je travaillais du lundi à vendredi 40H/semaine à cette époque
El ambiente de trabajo lo hacen los compañeros
Supervisora De Investigación De Mercado (Current Employee), SupervisoraApril 22, 2014
Pros: me gusta el trabajo y lo hago bien
Cons: nos paran cuando quieren sin pagarnos el sueldo
El buen clima laboral lo hacemos nosotros los empleados (supervisores y encuestadores)
El área gerencial, recursos humanos, y coordinación dejan mucho por desear.