GfK

GfK Employer Reviews

Flexible yet large company
Marketing and Data Scientist (Current Employee), Palo Alto, CASeptember 21, 2014
Pros: nice coworkers, great healthcare, extremely flexible
Cons: no travel, loss of in-office perks, big company with lots of turnover
Spend much of my data doing data cleaning, preparing data to be used in analytics. Once analytics are run usually provide a short explanation of what results mean.

Since I've been with GfK, I've learned many of the simple things that go into working everyday with a corporation. Plus I've really improved my R, SPSS, SAS and Excel VBA programming as – more... that is what I spend 95% of my time doing.

My manager is really hands off, I only speak with her about once a week but she is extremely supportive with helping me achieve my goals within the company. All of the other managers in the group are really helpful when I have questions or concerns and the managing director is fierce in her protection of our group and the individuals in it.

The hardest part of the job is dealing with complicated, dirty datasets. We occasionally get extremely confusing, poorly labelled datasets and untangling exactly what variables we need to pull out to run the analysis requested. Another difficult but to be expected part of the job is coordinating with the client services people exactly what the expect and getting them to give us reasonable timelines.

The most enjoyable part of the job is my coworkers are extremely nice and helpful. Spending all day with people I really enjoy being around and are interesting is a huge positive. Plus they are extremely knowledgable about analytics and various programming languages which they are always willing to share with a relative newcomer to commercial uses of these programs.

Another positive is the flexibility of the company. We can work from home whenever we want and the work schedule is flexible about when we can work. I live an hour from the office so my manager says it's fine if I work 7-4 or whatever I need to avoid traffic. – less
it was a good job for being 15 anmd a half
Interviewer (Former Employee), Downey, CAFebruary 20, 2014
Pros: cloes to school, and home
Cons: bas hours
it was fun and i had a great learning experience. i did not like that it was in side of a mall. but for my first job, and still being in high school its good.
Secret shopper.
Also, Auditor for Best Buy (Current Employee), New York, NYNovember 1, 2013
The assignments come through the internet. Currently they are secret shopping restaurants. They don't pay very well considering the amount of time involved, but it keeps my skills sharp. There is very little management involvement other than reporting the visit.
While I worked for GFK for the Best Buy series that was awesome. I got to meet lots of people – more... and worked with store managers. That was a very good paying job for the time involved. The reporting was very long process though. – less
Time flexibility
Survey Analyst (Former Employee), São Paulo, SPSeptember 6, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: long surveys to be taken
Get payed by survey, hours flexibility and easy work environment.
Good, tough place to work
Client Service Consultant (Former Employee), Moscow, RussiaAugust 22, 2014
Pros: young, friendly team
Cons: long hours
Good company, although with quite a harsh work-life balance.
Well organized company with many opportunities for personal growth and talent management
Research Consultant (Current Employee), The netherlandsApril 9, 2014
Pros: focus on talentmanagement
Cons: few international positions available
I have responsibility for more than 15 clients with a total budget of over 500K. I perform my work in my own style as an upbeat person and I am at my best in challenging, fast paced environments. I am known for my ability to quickly establish trust with employees and motivate others into action. In addition, I have solid multi-tasking, and decision-making – more... skills that can make an immediate contribution to your team. – less
Extremely hard working staff
Field Manager (Current Employee), Niagara Falls, ONNovember 5, 2013
Pros: great encouragement and understanding from in house management
Cons: my department after 10 yrs is closing
IFR Group in house office has been a wonderful place to work at for 10 yrs. We all pitch in to help and to get the job done.
ikna edebilme yeteneği
Anketör (Former Employee), İstanbul avrupa, T34May 7, 2014
Pros: öğle yemeği
Cons: tehlikeli durumlarla karşılaşabilme
her çeşit insanla karşılaşıldığı için öncelikli olarak kendimizi güvende hissetmenin önemli olduğu ve bu kapsamda çalışılabileceği bilincini oturttuktan sonra insanlarla kurulacak diyaloğun önemli olduğu, ikna edebilme kabiliyetinin geliştirmek için birebir bir iş.
enquêtrice dépôt appareil à scanner de consommation
Enquêtrice de sondage (Former Employee), Brussels, BRUApril 26, 2014
Pros: le salaire très actractive
Cons: métier indépendante
- recrutement des participants bénévoles
- études statistiques de compatibilité
- dépôt de l'appareil à scanner
- explication de l'utilisation de l'appareil
- reprise de l'appareil lors de la fin d'étude

rencontre de nouvelle participante - difficulté le choix et surtout leur faire comprendre que c est une étude de longue durée et de ce fait qu'il – more... sache tenir 1an minimum

libre d'aller où je veux pour le recrutement ainsi que l'horaire de travail
je travaillais du lundi à vendredi 40H/semaine à cette époque – less
El ambiente de trabajo lo hacen los compañeros
Supervisora De Investigación De Mercado (Current Employee), SupervisoraApril 22, 2014
Pros: me gusta el trabajo y lo hago bien
Cons: nos paran cuando quieren sin pagarnos el sueldo
El buen clima laboral lo hacemos nosotros los empleados (supervisores y encuestadores)
El área gerencial, recursos humanos, y coordinación dejan mucho por desear.
Buen ambiente de trabajo
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Buenos Aires, BApril 6, 2014
Pros: buen clima de trabajo, oportunidad de aprendizaje
Cons: problemas financieros
Muy buena empresa. Aprendí bastante sobre procesos relacionados a la investigación de mercados
Amo trabalhar nesta empresa .
Auxiliar de pesquisas (Current Employee), Belo Horizonte, MGMarch 27, 2014
Pros: liberdade de horarios
Cons: não tem
Me faz crescer como pessoa ,este ramo de pesquisas é muito compensador ,conhecemos pessoas ,adquirimos experiencias,todos os dias são novos ,nao se cansa .Muito gratificante .
ambiente in sviluppo, in via di preparazione professionale nel suo complesso
Direttore Commerciale e Account Manager (Former Employee), Milano, LOMMarch 25, 2014
ottima opportunità di conoscere il management e le sue decisioni direttamente
Empresa muy bien organizada
Estudios de mercado (Former Employee), Jerez de la Frontera, ANMarch 3, 2014
Pros: alta en la seguridad social y trabajo correctamente remunerado
Cons: no recomendado para personas que no tengan organización propia y trato al público educado y adecuado
El trabajo es variado, por lo que nunca se hace repetitivo, las remuneraciones están acorde con el trabajo ofrecido, se aprende mucho sobre diferentes actividades laborales, dan la oportunidad de trabajar de acuerdo a la disponibilidad de la persona, mucho trabajos son por cuenta propia y dan la posibilidad de organizarte con tu propio trabajo y unas – more... instrucciones claras sobre los objetivos, el trato con los compañeros y coordinador/es es muy bueno... en definitiva es una gran empresa – less
Empresa joven, con muy buen ambiente
Coordinadora y supervisora (Current Employee), Valencia, VCFebruary 28, 2014
Trabajo en equipo, buen clima.
Relación excelente con los compañeros.
Une journée hard
Enquêteur sur terrain (Former Employee), Hergiswil, LUJanuary 23, 2014
Pros: remboursement des trajets
Cons: mauvaise humeur des personnes, impolitesse, risque d'agressions, difficulté accrue due à la sollicitation sauvage de télémarketing
Partir sur le terrain, s'en reprendre plein la figure certaines fois, principalement du fait de la météo et de la mauvaise humeur ambiante, se faire certaines fois aussi rouler dans la farine, perdre du temps, ne pas terminer les quotas justes...
bom ambiente de trabalho
Analista de Sistemas (Current Employee), São Paulo, SPSeptember 18, 2013
Pros: equipe
Cons: gestores
Empresa passa por problemas de gestão e identidade.
Com isso temos grandes rework e tensão sempre em alta.
buena
entrevistadora (Former Employee), Valencia, VCSeptember 18, 2013
Pros: compañerismo
Cons: el salario
Acudir a la oficina,para recoger el trabajo e ir a hacer las encuestas,aprendi a coordinar un equipo para hacer las entrevistas y el compañerismo
Ambiente de trabajo estresante
Telemarketer (Former Employee), Lavalle y Florida, Buenos Aires, Argentina.September 2, 2013
Pros: estaba en blanco y eran pocas horas laborales.
Cons: no pagan lo que debian ni en fecha correspondida.
La relacion laboral con los compañeros de trabajo era excelente, pero contando con los supervisores era mala la atencion.
Aprendi a llevar al pie de la letra las encuestas que debia realizar.
ambiente laboral sano
operativo (supervisor de campo) (Former Employee), Monterrey, NLJuly 19, 2013
Pros: prestaciones como seguro devida seguro de gastos medicos mayores
Cons: nada
todos respetan la vida privada de los demas asi queno hay conflictos entre trabajadores