Ghirardelli Chocolate Company

Ghirardelli Chocolate Company Employee Reviews in United States

Great Company to work for
Chocolatier (Former Employee) –  Simpsonville, KYJuly 9, 2016
Ghirardelli is a really nice job to have, the work is fun and the management is good.You also get a lot of free chocolate.I really liked working as a sales person, I learned how to sell things. The hardest part of the job was when it would get really busy while working as a barista, but even that was fun.
Pros
Free chocolate, coffees, ice creams.
Cons
N/A
Not a healthy work environment
Chocolatier (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLJune 8, 2016
The management there is atrocious. They're lazy and show favorites. They don't understand that the store needs more than low ticket times to have a good flow and work environment. The lack of communication between all of the supervisors and managers is astonishing. I would not recommend working there. I've reported things that have happened and nothing was done to improve or correct the situation.
Pros
The Disney benefits
Cons
no raises, no flexibility
Sweets
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 9, 2016
Short time period working there.
Only worked when it was a home game
Other then that it was great
good people to work with
good place to work just make sure your warm and comforable
(AT&T park)
productive and fun working with different types of chocolates
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Lathrop, CAJanuary 21, 2016
rushing to full an order and make sure it was complete and have a right amount .I learn that all types of chocolates and where they ship there products to . the management there are very friendly and there to answer any of question or concern. the co workers are very helpful and friendly .they is a team player . it was rush hour and the candy had to be finish the same day but it was done.working for Ghirardelli and tasting the products and meeting wonderful staff members and employee
chocolatier
chocolate (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 11, 2016
re-skock merchandise in an accurate and timely manner greet cutomerd and provide superior customer service bus tables wash dashes
Hard work doesn't get you anywhere
General Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 9, 2016
A long established company with great products, but with management vacuums and an out of date culture.
Doesn't matter how hard you work or the quality of work you do, there is never a discussion of advancement or progress, even when you request it. Promotions are only given when a position is vacated by termination or somebody leaving the company for a better opportunity. Shame, because they have so many good people working for them, they should be looked after better.
Pros
Good pay, good discounts, good locations.
Cons
Long days, no SOP's, no management guidance, out of date/touch company culture.
great place to work
supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 6, 2016
Greeting guest from all over the world, letting them know what the specials for the day was. Checking on guest if they had any questions on the product or if we had more in supply if there where non displayed in the front. Restocking items when they where running low, making sure everything looked 5 star at all times. If i was assigning a register then ringing customers up as quickly as possible as well as up selling each guest. I learned how to really excel at customer service having to deal with so many customers that where from out of town just visiting. Management was great schedule was always accommodated when needed, always a variation of shifts. The hardest part was trying to meet all the goals as a team for the day. i loved meeting so many people from different countries and cultures. As supervisor i learned how to manage a team of 10, balancing the registers before and after shifts. Shipping and handling orders.
Pros
flexible schedule, incentives for meeting goals, acknowledged for being employee of the month.
Cons
N/A
demanding and fast paced
regional manager (Former Employee) –  San Leandro, CADecember 8, 2015
Expect to work hard and if you exceed expectations and have the desire to grow, you will have advancement opportunities.
Pros
great discounts and benefits
Cons
very hard to keep a work/life balance
great swing shift crew
Maintenance Lead (Former Employee) –  San Leandro, CAOctober 14, 2015
Loved my job and is a great company. I gave 110% and they showed appreciation for that. You do have to commit to working a lot of hours.
Busy work environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CaliforniaOctober 14, 2015
The environment is stressful because it is a tourist attraction and the management team is very inexperienced. Be ready to work long hours

Want to know more about Ghirardelli Chocolate Company?

Ask a question
Forward moving
PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  San Leandro, CAOctober 1, 2015
Busy environment! Could not make enough chocolate! Some of the best co-workers I have known.

Direct report was an excellent boss.

Employees took responsibility for their work.
Pros
Chocolate
Cons
Too much chocolate!
I filling happy for working at ghirardelli
great people work (Former Employee) –  lathrop, caJuly 30, 2015
professional people, always received good treatment no filling discrimination about me no presion . take my time about learn more
Really Fun to work here
Chocolateer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 17, 2015
This was my first job as a teenager. I definitely recommend this job to all the young adults looking for a job. Hours are flexible. The co- workers are very friendly. One of the benefits is that you can pick one item from there menu and eat it for lunch. Sometimes it will get overwhelming during the summer and holiday seasons but it was overall great.
Heavy customer service
Cashier Supervisor/ Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 9, 2015
It is an intense environment. Work load is simple but overwhelming. Although there are good managers here and there, overall management sucks. It is a heavy customer service business.
The worst company I have ever worked for
Chocolateer (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 16, 2015
I gave up after six months living in the hellmouth. It was like prison. So much cattiness going on with the managers and it wasn't long before people realized the company is incredibly disrespectful to their employees. Shifts were changed 10 min ahead. Always working overtime. Forcing employees to do humiliating tasks while the managers stand around and giggle like children. We would get yelled at if we were chatting even while the store was completely empty. The managers made sure to send you on and off shift at their convenience. Everything was done with a passive aggressive smile. It doesn't matter if the managers are screaming at you in front of customers, or talking badly about their employees in Spanish, you better smile... even while you're fantasizing about throwing sundae glassware at their face. I was unemployed for months after I quit and I never regretted the decision once.
Pros
Leaving
Good
Sales / Customer Support (Former Employee) –  Lathrop, CAMay 11, 2015
Answering outgoing and incoming calls, respond to emails, placed orders, shipping out samples, UPS, FedEx and USPS shipping labels, company trade shows, Printing ribbon for special customer orders. The only new thing I learned at this company were the company trade show experience. Management is not the greatest. Co-workers were great, friendly and very helpful. There wasn't anything hard, everything was easy. The best part were the holiday seasons, It was so busy but I loved it, its always their busiest time of the year.
Employee (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 6, 2015
You get disney benefits and a 401k after your first year of work, can be stressful at times with large crowds but overall nice to work
Chocolate Galore Ready For The Store
Package handler (Former Employee) –  san leandro caApril 19, 2015
I can tell you its a place where you please believe gong to want to jump in the chocolate mixer love chocolate always will - Just the mention of the word make you smile .
Pros
Working around chocolate
Cons
Cant eat it all
Great first job
Associate (Former Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLApril 9, 2015
This place was a great way to introduce myself into having a job. It taught me responsibility, multitasking and money management.
Productive and easy place to work
Packer, inventory assistant (Former Employee) –  San Leandro, CAMarch 31, 2015
I would always be focus on my work, I knew exactly what to do every day. I enjoyed more when I was the Inventory Assistant. I worked 5 months as a packer and 8 months as a Inventory Assistant. There was no type of customer service but I learned a lot. As a packer an a assistant.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ghirardelli Chocolate Company. Our community is ready to answer.

Ghirardelli Chocolate Company Reviews by Job Title