Ghirardelli Chocolate Company

Ghirardelli Chocolate Company Employee Reviews

Fun working place
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Lathrop, CANovember 30, 2016
Management had a lot of favorites, only cared about people if you where a favorite. Fun environment, great coworkers. Pay sucked for everything you did.
Good Company
Sales Analyst (Current Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CANovember 13, 2016
Everyday is different, find a department and leader that can improve your career. Work life balance is great and so are benefits.
Fast paced work place, with easy enough work but too many social distractions
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Monterey, CASeptember 28, 2016
It was a decent work place, the work was fairly straight forward and usually employees caught on quickly when they were new hires, but as more time passed almost every employee came into work before every shift complaining and were almost always negative about doing any kind of work they did't "feel like" doing.
Pros
Simple work, close distance to travel to
Cons
Too many distractions, unmotivated staff
One of the worst jobs I've ever had
Trainer/Chocolatier (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 3, 2016
Very busy in the summer, which really isn't bad at all. It makes the time go by faster. My co-workers for the most part were great and we also had some that slacked a lot and loved spending time downstairs in the chocolate room or in the bathroom. The customers were very friendly and often left great tips. My problem was management. He treated us like we were children, very disrespectful, often made a lot of derogatory remarks towards women, even his own girlfriend in front of us and made racist statements. Working conditions were beyond disgusting. We had a sewer flood one day and the store was open anyway, very unsanitary. And even had fly strips around the store. I wouldn't go back no matter how much they try to pay me.
Poor quality of life
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Leandro, CAJuly 25, 2016
The company claims that people matter however that couldn't be farther from the truth. Lot of favoritism and good old boys club. If your not with the in crowd you might as well forget it. Despite this, there are several great people that work there. However most of them are either looking for other opportunities or have left.
Pros
Good benifits
Cons
Poor management in certain departments
Great Company to work for
Chocolatier (Former Employee) –  Simpsonville, KYJuly 9, 2016
Ghirardelli is a really nice job to have, the work is fun and the management is good.You also get a lot of free chocolate.I really liked working as a sales person, I learned how to sell things. The hardest part of the job was when it would get really busy while working as a barista, but even that was fun.
Pros
Free chocolate, coffees, ice creams.
Cons
N/A
Not a healthy work environment
Chocolatier (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLJune 8, 2016
The management there is atrocious. They're lazy and show favorites. They don't understand that the store needs more than low ticket times to have a good flow and work environment. The lack of communication between all of the supervisors and managers is astonishing. I would not recommend working there. I've reported things that have happened and nothing was done to improve or correct the situation.
Pros
The Disney benefits
Cons
no raises, no flexibility
They force you to work overtime unwillingly
MAINTENANCE MECHANIC (Current Employee) –  San Leandro, CAJune 1, 2016
No fun, lot of stress
I've learned that if you can't cope with their forced overtime
you don't have a future here.
The hardest part of the job is working 12 hrs/day 7 days/week 7 weeks in a row!
you have no time for your family, you have no life!
And they don't care.
Sweets
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 9, 2016
Short time period working there.
Only worked when it was a home game
Other then that it was great
good people to work with
good place to work just make sure your warm and comforable
(AT&T park)
productive and fun working with different types of chocolates
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Lathrop, CAJanuary 21, 2016
rushing to full an order and make sure it was complete and have a right amount .I learn that all types of chocolates and where they ship there products to . the management there are very friendly and there to answer any of question or concern. the co workers are very helpful and friendly .they is a team player . it was rush hour and the candy had to be finish the same day but it was done.working for Ghirardelli and tasting the products and meeting wonderful staff members and employee
chocolatier
chocolate (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 11, 2016
re-skock merchandise in an accurate and timely manner greet cutomerd and provide superior customer service bus tables wash dashes
Hard work doesn't get you anywhere
General Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 9, 2016
A long established company with great products, but with management vacuums and an out of date culture.
Doesn't matter how hard you work or the quality of work you do, there is never a discussion of advancement or progress, even when you request it. Promotions are only given when a position is vacated by termination or somebody leaving the company for a better opportunity. Shame, because they have so many good people working for them, they should be looked after better.
Pros
Good pay, good discounts, good locations.
Cons
Long days, no SOP's, no management guidance, out of date/touch company culture.
great place to work
supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 6, 2016
Greeting guest from all over the world, letting them know what the specials for the day was. Checking on guest if they had any questions on the product or if we had more in supply if there where non displayed in the front. Restocking items when they where running low, making sure everything looked 5 star at all times. If i was assigning a register then ringing customers up as quickly as possible as well as up selling each guest. I learned how to really excel at customer service having to deal with so many customers that where from out of town just visiting. Management was great schedule was always accommodated when needed, always a variation of shifts. The hardest part was trying to meet all the goals as a team for the day. i loved meeting so many people from different countries and cultures. As supervisor i learned how to manage a team of 10, balancing the registers before and after shifts. Shipping and handling orders.
Pros
flexible schedule, incentives for meeting goals, acknowledged for being employee of the month.
Cons
N/A
demanding and fast paced
regional manager (Former Employee) –  San Leandro, CADecember 8, 2015
Expect to work hard and if you exceed expectations and have the desire to grow, you will have advancement opportunities.
Pros
great discounts and benefits
Cons
very hard to keep a work/life balance
great swing shift crew
Maintenance Lead (Former Employee) –  San Leandro, CAOctober 14, 2015
Loved my job and is a great company. I gave 110% and they showed appreciation for that. You do have to commit to working a lot of hours.
Busy work environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CaliforniaOctober 14, 2015
The environment is stressful because it is a tourist attraction and the management team is very inexperienced. Be ready to work long hours
Forward moving
PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  San Leandro, CAOctober 1, 2015
Busy environment! Could not make enough chocolate! Some of the best co-workers I have known.

Direct report was an excellent boss.

Employees took responsibility for their work.
Pros
Chocolate
Cons
Too much chocolate!
I filling happy for working at ghirardelli
great people work (Former Employee) –  lathrop, caJuly 30, 2015
professional people, always received good treatment no filling discrimination about me no presion . take my time about learn more
Really Fun to work here
Chocolateer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 17, 2015
This was my first job as a teenager. I definitely recommend this job to all the young adults looking for a job. Hours are flexible. The co- workers are very friendly. One of the benefits is that you can pick one item from there menu and eat it for lunch. Sometimes it will get overwhelming during the summer and holiday seasons but it was overall great.
Heavy customer service
Cashier Supervisor/ Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 9, 2015
It is an intense environment. Work load is simple but overwhelming. Although there are good managers here and there, overall management sucks. It is a heavy customer service business.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ghirardelli Chocolate Company. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9