GHSP Employee Reviews

Ghsp
Manufacturer (Current Employee) –  Grand Haven, MIApril 18, 2017
GHSP is a great place to work. They offer great benefits, lots of over time, and there are a lot of opportunities to obtain different positions and training. GHSP is also a union factory, so the job security is wonderful!
Electronic Assembler (Former Employee) –  Grand Haven, MIJanuary 17, 2017
If you want to make good money this is a great place to work with opportunities to grow from any position. Sunday is double time and you can volunteer to work up to 72 hours per week. I worked in the electronics department which was very relaxed and easy work so lots of overtime was very doable.
Pros
Tuition reimbursement, clean quiet and easy work
good company
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Norton Shores, MIOctober 10, 2016
good company to work for. Pays the bills. Many diverse people that work here and many opportunities for different positions. A variety of departments.
Terrible Management & Opportunities
Sales & Marketing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Grand Haven, MIAugust 10, 2016
Management was unattached and did not attempt to engage employees or make an effort to team build. A very negative atmosphere with a high school gossip mentality. Advancement and opportunity were promised but were clearly not a priority or available.
productive and always changing company with lots of training opportunities
IPC Specialist and Solder (Current Employee) –  Grand Haven, MIJuly 6, 2016
I started as a assembler and then received training as a solder and performed that job for a year then I was trained as a SMT operator in an Electronic Clean room..where I made circuit boards for various car companys..my co workers were team players which made my job easier and fun. Our management team relied on us heavily and were always taking our advice. The hardest part of my job was learning the machines quickly because I never ran eight machines at once. I most enjoy watching my end product coming out good and on time.
Disheveled Supervisor
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Grand Haven, MIApril 5, 2016
I worked operating several different machines, sometimes packaging, sometimes inspecting. Most people were very friendly and nice. Work environment was safe and clean.
Ever Growing rift between Management and employees.
Solderer (Current Employee) –  electronicsAugust 19, 2015
There really is nothing especially difficult or challenging about working at GHSP. My co workers are generally great, the constant changes in management are difficult to deal with. The constant overtime and shift changes really wear on my nerves. Its impossible to make family plans when its basically guaranteed that you will work 3 weekends in every month. The management is required to interview every, qualified, in house applicant for every open position, although in my years there i have only seen 2 people pulled from the shop into company positions.
The benefits are barely competitive, not really worth mentioning.
Pros
they'll hire anyone who manages to show up.
Cons
they'll hire anyone who manages to show up
Good benefits with decent pay. Bad mid-management.
Team Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Grand Haven, MIJuly 22, 2015
This company had been a solid company that has seen great growth in recent years with the new circuit board product lines. Unfortunately, the company has replaced much of middle management in the last five years with inexperienced people that are not familiar with the company's product lines or values. The poor management and excessive overtime have resulted in a disgruntled workforce that is unhappy with the very poor work/life balance.
Pros
Great benefits, decent pay
Cons
poor work/life balance, excessive overtime, poor mid-management
Great place to work.
Accounts Payable Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Grand Haven, MISeptember 24, 2014
A typical day included processing supplier invoices, analyzing errors, and communicating with suppliers.
Pros
Free lunches when vendors visited, great work Christmas parties
The Co Workers Were Awesome,Helpful
Maintenance Technician/ Machine Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Grand Haven, MINovember 7, 2013
•Typical Day- Preventative maint.of ALL machines throughout plant
•What i learned- Not to trust a certain individual
•Management- Say they wanted to help with knowledge but felt sabataged in the process
•My Co workers were Great
•Hardest part of my job- Putting my 2 weeks in to leave
•Most enjoyable part -Seeing a certain individual get canned 1 month after i left
Pros
The knowledge i took away
Cons
The knowledge i didnt get
Productive and fast paced. Physically Challenging
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Hart, MIJuly 31, 2013
On your feet from the time you start until the end of your shift. I learned to push myself and the importance of quality. When making car parts everyone has to remember that you really do have peoples lives in your hands. Management was fair and easy to work with. The co-workers can be enjoyable, especially when you are working towards a common goal.
Pros
benefits, set schedule.
Cons
Physically exhausting if working more than 8 hours a day
Typical Day at work
Solderer (Current Employee) –  Grand Haven, MINovember 4, 2012
I love the people I work with, however, the hours just don't fit my needs at this time. I would prefer 1st or 3rd shift and right now I work 2nd. The job itself is easy and you learn something new everyday. I am the only woman solderer on 2nd shift in Electronics.
Pros
clean workplace
Cons
working 2nd shift from 320-1150pm
fun place to work
Assembler-Ghsp (Former Employee) –  no longer in my areaJuly 5, 2012
enjoyed working there/clean safe enviroment. work was easy to complete .soldering tools was in good working order.
Awesome Company
Electronics Buyer (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIJune 24, 2012
This was a great company to work for, excellent company culture
Hard work, job security
Assembly (Former Employee) –  Hart, MIApril 30, 2012
Hard working atmosphere with diverse co-workers. I enjoyed the ability to be busy all day and having the security of knowing that my job would always be there, but it was too demanding on my time and took away from my home life.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GHSP. Our community is ready to answer.