Giant Eagle

Giant Eagle Employer Reviews

Great Management and Teamwork
Grocery Clerk (Current Employee), Meadville, PAJanuary 18, 2015
When I go into work everyday, the person that is working before me tells me what exactly they have done so I have a clear understanding of what I am supposed to do throughout the course of the day. If I work in the morning, I am responsible for making sure the store is in decent order when I leave. My co-workers are a lot of fun to work with, and the management team is exceptional when it comes to teamwork. I find every aspect of the job relatively easy.
very stressful job
Prepared Foods Manager (Former Employee), Painesville, OHJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: security
Cons: pay more and offer benefits and full time employment to hourly workers.
While my pay was good, Giant Eagle does not pay well for hourly employees. We were always short of help or the help we had did not make enough money or get enough hours to care about their jobs. Management varies from store to store. Expectations were very high but tools to accomplish goals were not always available. The hardest part of the job was reaching goals when staff didn't care. Pressure always on to hit set up times not matter if there was enough staff or not. The best part of the job was some of the friends I made while I was there.
Fun workplace
Bakery Clerk (Current Employee), Lakewood, OHJanuary 16, 2015
Cons: short breaks
Working in a bakery by itself is just a fun thing! Taking cake orders from people and trying to give them the best experience possible and having them leaving satisfied is incredible. Its a very fast paced job but once you get the hang of it, its easy going and great.
Giant Eagle is a great place to work
Department Manager (Former Employee), Indiana, PAJanuary 13, 2015
Giant Eagle was a great stepping stone in gaining work and management experience. Find the department that works best for you, not every department is as fun as the next.
Good place to start
Perishable food clerk, 2011 to -2012 (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHJanuary 13, 2015
The company does not pay enough to suport a life. THe work was easy, but the amount for the pay was not fair.
productive food place to work keeps me busy
Giant Eagle Food Prep/ Deli (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 10, 2015
in the short time ive worked at giant eagle ive learned a lot and ive truly become a strong deli worker
Driven to build a great customer satisfaction experiance and develop their Team Members
Store manager and team leader (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHJanuary 10, 2015
You will work in a fast paced and challenging store.
Will work with wonderful co-workers who strive to work together.
An enjoyable work atmosphere
Build a strong culture of both Food and job safety
fun nice place to work
Front end worker (Former Employee), Elyria, OHJanuary 8, 2015
nice laid back environment. nice employees and management. good hours good pay,
My work at giant eagle
Meat Department Clerk (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: nice
Worked a day Shift and set and prepared working stations by sanitizing areas and utensils, prepping and preparing meat to be served, and stocking and storing me for reservation.

Learned how to make new recipes, Worked well with employee and Great team player. Providing Last Minute Services at closing time was challenging because the Store was closing, however, with great efficiency and time management i learned to prepare Top selling items to make available to last minute shopper, that will allow easier processes and doesn't cause challenges at the end of every shift.

I really loved the environment that i worked in, i loved cooking and preparing food, i am a inspiring chef, so i like to cook and make food.
Part time service and physical stocking involved
Team Member (Former Employee), Upper Arlington, OHJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: break room, parking
Cons: schedule inconsistency, and changing departments.
Worked flexible part time schedule, typically third shift. Learned all store service, safety, and procedures. Co workers were well trained and easy to work with. Management was changing much, but ok for part time duty. Made department decisions, which was great to implement and learn.
Hard part of job was when a different department had a void, and you were not trained to know where product went, or who to submit this to. Enjoyable part of job was having great work structure, perks, discounts. Also decent breaks.
I got to meet and talk to alot of people
Hot foods (Former Employee), Stow, OHJanuary 1, 2015
Pros: the chance for advancement, and the raises
Cons: the down sizing
I cooked alot of chicken,But I learned the rotissary,I loved the manager ,he was a really nice man,fair,helped us out alot when we got really busy,I loved my co-workers,we all got along very well,and worked well together,the hardest part of the job was flexible hours,I just had to learn to work around that, I liked the raises,we got two a year,I liked my co-workers,they were alot of fun.
loved my time there
bakery clerk (Former Employee), Parma, OHDecember 29, 2014
Pros: great people
Cons: dont work there anymore sorry i left
i really enjoyed my time at giant eagle i knew may job and performed it well
Fun workplace working with an enjoyable atmosphere
Utility Hand (Former Employee), Pickerington. ohioDecember 29, 2014
A fun start-up place to work at.........................................................................................................................................................................................................................
abrasive
Customer Service (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PADecember 16, 2014
abrasive really do not like working for them. Dealing with the company was difficult
There is no work/home balance because of the demand and team member shortage in my department
Prepared Foods Team Lead- Manager (Current Employee), Dover, OHDecember 11, 2014
Pros: excellent benefits and advancement opportunities they promote from within
Cons: no balance between work life and home life
My days are very hectic, I am a working manager who absolutely loves my customers and co-workers. I have developed some wonderful lifelong relationships. I am the manager in charge of the entire store one shift a week and the rest of my week consists of an average day of 12-14 hours in which I usually start around 5am. My morning routine consists of getting and calculating the sales and shrink from the previous day, checking my e-mails and reviewing my retail task manager to see if I have any extra tasks for the day, then I move on to pulling outdated product from the sales floor and cooler, Then I capture all shrink into the Motorola gun. Then I collect all cooking and cooling and tare check paperwork from the prior days business. I then write and scan an order for the next day delivery of our fresh and frozen products. I write an order everyday as we get deliveries everyday and I utilize day to day delivery vs. warehousing product. Now I can actually start working in the department. I start Grab & Go production. Making subs, salads, wraps, wedge sandwiches. Mixing and making meatloaf, chicken salad etc. and do any other prep work that is needed. whichever co-worker opens with me then starts the hot food production of cooking rotisserie chickens, prepping and cooking potpies, breading and frying chicken etc. We work together as a team and do whatever the other needs to help get the department open and set my 10 am. Managers meeting every morning at 10am I absolutely love my team members who work for me in my department and my department would not work without the commitment – more... we all give. We have a great working relationship and they care about the well being of each other and they are so pleasant to work with. My job is not hard, however, it is extremely demanding and I work entirely to many hours that is the toughest part. I am salary and required to work 45 hours a week and I average 70-80 hours a week and I have done this each and every week and sometimes even more for the 4 years that I have been a certified manager. This is my commitment to my team and my department. There is much more that goes into my days this is just a preview. The most enjoyable part of my job is to see the smile on my customers faces and the pleasure I get by fulfilling their needs and helping them to make sure they got everything they came in for and anything else I can do or suggest to help make their visit more pleasant , I have several repeat regular customers who are always recommending us to their family/friends. I love my customers. – less
very productive job
supervisor (Former Employee), Lancaster, OHDecember 9, 2014
Cons: dirty
This was a gas meter factory with lots of work and lots of different jobs and i did them all at one time or other. The bosses were nice and the people were good. We worked as a team. The hardest part was getting so dirty. Would still be working their if they had not went bankrupt
Overnight Stocker (Former Employee), Johnstown PADecember 3, 2014
Pros: working with small crew/ no customers
Cons: bad wage/no benefits/no advancement etc.
What we did was stock the shelves with new freight and when done with that blocked the store so it was ready when the stored opened.
this was an after school part time position
Cashier/Front End (Former Employee), Frederick, MDDecember 1, 2014
Pros: good job to have after school
Cons: not enough hours
greeting customers, cash management, customer service. Stocking merchandise
good management and coworkers fun job
Perishable clerk (Former Employee), streetsboro, ohioDecember 1, 2014
I prepared meat for the service case granted customers requests and stocked merchandise
High Stress with a lack of team work
Bakery Counter Clerk (Current Employee), Monroeville, PANovember 23, 2014
Pros: discount on store brand items, guaranteed raises, union
Cons: no organization, no communication
Giant Eagle is a company that does not seem to understand what its workers need from their job. I have worked at two different Giant Eagle stores. One I liked very much and was sad to leave. That store was very team oriented and communication was great.
The second store has a lack of organization and communication. No one ever seems to know what is going on.
A typical work day for me involves packaging baked goods, pricing, selling cakes, and cleaning. The hardest part of this job is having a team that does not work together.
I have enjoyed learning how to decorate cake and cupcakes.

1 2 3 4 5

About Giant Eagle

Giant Eagle strives to be a best place to work in the eyes of the nearly 36,000 individuals who work in our stores, pharmacies, – Read more