Giant Eagle

Giant Eagle Employer Reviews

Productive and Fun Workplace
Visual Merchandiser & Graphic Artist (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJuly 18, 2014
As typical day was spent creative problem solving and creating visual displays and graphics for the Market Districts.
cashier
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Lorain, OHJuly 17, 2014
cashed customers out
cleaning assignments
FIFO food products
nothing special
Produce Clerk/Cashier (Current Employee), Lakewood, OHJuly 17, 2014
its not a bad place to work but its just a stepping stone to bigger and better things
Fun Experience
HEAD FRONT END COORDINATOR (Current Employee), Upper Arlingrton, Ohio 43220July 17, 2014
Pros: benefits and coworkers
Cons: communication and advancement
I learned quite a bit working for the company and believe that will help me greatly in any other endevour that i choose. I also had an excellent co-worker base that made me enjoy coming to work.
Productive Place
Part-Time Grocery Clerk (Current Employee), Northeast, OhioJuly 16, 2014
A typical day at work depends on what department you work in.

In the cash office, a typical day includes counting tills, making sure the day balances, making and verifying deposits, and being responsible for all the registers via BOSS computer.

A cashier rings out groceries for customers and a customer service person handles the customer service issues.

Overall – more... it is an enjoyable place. – less
IT WAS NICE GOING DURING THE DAY
GARY (Former Employee), SAW MILL RDJuly 14, 2014
Pros: no lunch
Cons: no insurance
MESSY JOB BUT IT GOT ME ENOUGH KNOWLEDGED TO MOVE ON IN MY YOUNGER DAYS
very busy work place
Bagger, Cashier (Former Employee), plesant hillsJuly 14, 2014
Pros: the team workers
Cons: lack of managment
There was something always to do. I never had a customer complaint. Also kept thing up and running.
While working there had a lot of fun
Prepared Foods Manager (Former Employee), Ashtabula, OHJuly 12, 2014
My day would usually start at 8 a.m. I would go get daily sales, and shrinkage, put in the order for the department and clean. Every Monday I would make the schedule out for the department, get the hot bar and salad bar ready for the day while waiting on customers. Make sure all stations were clean and set for the day.
Productive day
Cart Collector (Former Employee), Peterstownship Pa 15317July 10, 2014
Pros: payed breaks
I would collect carts and bring them back to the store. Management was really nice and fun to get along with.
ok
Cashier/Bakery Clerk (Former Employee), Beachwood, OHJuly 10, 2014
giant is an ok job they just dont provide you with enough hours
Productive and fun workplace
Customer Service/ Cash Office Clerk (Current Employee), Gahanna, OhioJuly 9, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Giant Eagle is a great place to work. They are now expanding and becoming a growing company. Giant Eagle has great benefits and I would recommend anybody to apply.
nothing to say
Grocery Manager (Former Employee), DuBois, PAJuly 8, 2014
Pros: they did hire good people
Cons: no respect for employees
nothing to say i was not given proper training to complete my job very high stress high drama place to work
good atmosphere and well trained management
Coordinator (Current Employee), Boardman OhioJuly 8, 2014
Working at Giant Eagle over the past four years, I have learned several essential skills that will help me achieve success in the future. For instance, working with the general public has given me outstanding communication skills. I am able to efficiently listen and solve problems with customers or co-workers. I have also developed a strong sense of – more... working with a team. A great amount of mutual respect and trust has blossomed between me and my co-workers throughout the years. The most enjoyable part of my job is helping customers and other employees with different problems. For example, I enjoy showing customers to specific products throughout the store as well as explaining any promotions that we have. With other employees, I enjoy training new cashiers, explaining how certain processes work within our store, and fixing money mistakes made throughout my shift. – less
A Creative and Energetic company
Gourmet Chef, Kitchen manager (Former Employee), Columbus, OHJuly 8, 2014
Pros: quartely bonuses
Cons: low compensation
Giant Eagle is a fun and energetic company to work for. A typical day would entail, stetting up the case, cooking gourmet items, Assisting crew with food preparation, helping customers with catering events, budgeting, rotating items in coolers for freshness, ordering and sorting incoming deliveries, supervising and continued training of employees. The – more... most difficult aspect of the job would be conflicts between employees. The most enjoyable part of the job would be creating several types of recipes. – less
Customer Oriented environment
Cook (Current Employee), Wadsworth, OHJuly 8, 2014
Prepared Foods is a very active department. Department management is solid, but store management has trouble understanding the difficulties of the job. Medium stress while at work.
What's it like
Night Stock Clerk (Current Employee), McKees Rocks, PAJuly 8, 2014
I like it. The people are friendly, and the environment is very professional.
ok place to work
Deli Manager (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJuly 2, 2014
Managers are paid well, you have to work every holiday and at least 50 hours per week.
Productive, fun, and fast pace
Prepared Foods Team Member (Current Employee), Liberty, OHJuly 2, 2014
Pros: free lunch cards, fun
Cons: n/a
Typically, I'm there at 6 am, get the coffee going, and then I pull all the outdated product of our shelves. I then prepare to start getting food ready for that day, as well as the next.
fast work places
Bagger (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJuly 1, 2014
Pros: family places and workers are nice
Cons: not a long break time
its nice and fun everyone that work there is nice its like everyone is like family
cashier
Customer Service (Former Employee), cleveland ohJune 30, 2014
cashier and customer service ......................................................................

1 2 3 4 5

About Giant Eagle

Giant Eagle Inc., is one of the nation's largest food retailers and distributors with approximately $9.3 billion in annual sales, – Read more

Giant Eagle Photos