Giant

Giant Employee Reviews

Productive and fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee), Bowie, MDJune 25, 2015
Pros: Air conditioning, nice employees
Cons: Short breaks
While working at Giant I attended school and I would get out of school at 3:00 pm and would go straight to work afterwards. When I arrived at work I would clean my belt off and open up my register and prepare for customers and groceries. I learned more about vegetables and fruits that I didn't know about. My managers were very nice and welcoming while I was working here and willing to help me with anything I had concerns with. The hardest part about my job was memorizing the different fruit and vegetable numbers. The most enjoyable part about my job was getting a lot of customers while I was on the clock because it kept me really busy.
productive but not fullfulling
Relief Manager (Current Employee), Harrisburg PAJune 18, 2015
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: working at night
Assign associates to specifics task, break down load, do alarm and refrigeration checks, bring in load from other delivering vendors. I learn how to work with different people of different ages for one common goal. The hardest part is when people do show up and I/We have to make up for the loss person. The most enjoyable is when its all over and we feel accomplished about what we did as a crew.
Giant
Asset Protection (Former Employee), Upper Marlboro, MDJune 10, 2015
- Monitoring shortage results
- Remaining updated on price changes
- Participating in investigations and apprehensions involving internal and external theft
- Drafting reports on store incidents
- Training associates on store awareness about asset protection as well as appropriate policies and procedures
- Monitor the store for potential security risks
Clean and equal oppurtunity workplace
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Shillington, PAJune 8, 2015
Pros: Very flexible
Cons: Low Pay, not many advancement oppurtunities, no benefits.
Giant does not discriminate but is not the type of job you can work towards a better position.A typical day at work is normally stress free and pleasant.
Fast Past
Cashier (Former Employee), Bethesda, MDJune 5, 2015
Cons: short breaks
Giant was a fast past store I learned how to move at a steady fast past without mistakes.my co workers where very good to me we communicated very well with one another and they always helped when you needed it. I enjoyed being a part of the giant team.
Found it to be a Good place to call work
Stock Clerk (Former Employee), Radnor, PAMay 28, 2015
The typical day as an employee at Giant involved our nightly routine which involved a number of different task such as breaking down pallets, dropping the products correctly in there aisle, stocking the shelves and ended with us facing the items in the store to make it look presentable for the customers the next day. During my time at Giant I learned through different experiences I went through inside of the work place, and those experiences have been things that have helped grow me into the person i am today.
Great Place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee), Rio Rancho, NMMay 28, 2015
Cons: Management
Great work environment, enjoyed customer service interaction. Scheduling was awesome really worked with me on what I needed. If I could go back I would in a heart beat.
fun but also demanding
Cashier (Former Employee), Chinle, AZMay 19, 2015
Pros: getting paid
Cons: the pay wasn't so good
there was no teamwork, felt like there was always people being unfair to other people. It was nice at the beginning but became a job i did not enjoy anymore.
Comfortable work environment
Cashier (Current Employee), Springfield, PAMay 16, 2015
I am a cashier and while there are no customers at the register, I go to the ends of the isles and registers to straighten things while also keep my register clean. I learn interaction, communication, puncuality, and organization. The management and co-workers are all easy going, kind, and great to work with. I enjoy every part of my job.
Productive, positive work place, relaxed atmosphere, all employees are friendly.
Cashier (Current Employee), North Wales, PAMay 5, 2015
I've been working for Giant part time for 13 1/2 years, I wouldn't still be working here if I didn't love my job. I'm actually one of the veteran employees of the store.
all was good, i could have used more hours
Customer Services/Cashier/Deli Clerk (Former Employee), Alexandria, VAMay 1, 2015
Pros: well u had to bring your own lunch or buy something from in the store.
Cons: the break was fair to everyone
I love working with this employment, the managers was profeessinal and they treated everyone with respect. The hours was good they had benifits and they pay good.
Productive work environment, but with low wages and no compensation package &/or healthcare.
Department Assistant (Former Employee), Whitehall Township, PAMay 1, 2015
Pros: Fast-paced work environment, helping the public
Cons: Short breaks, LOW WAGES, NO HEALTHCARE
I disliked this company overall because the managers did not care about their employees at all. They only cared about the work being done and for them to receive the credit of good work. They do not celebrate employee achievements and there is absolutely no growth for advancement. I have witnessed many employees working there for 10+ years making nearly the same amount of money per hour that they started, with no healthcare or dental or vision plans for them or their family.
People you work with are friendly and courteous. Benefits and pay are harldly worthwhile.
CERTIFIED PHARMACY TECHNICIAN (Current Employee), Lanham, MdApril 28, 2015
Pros: Employee discount
Cons: Part-time employees no benefits, under-compensation
When I started at Giant it was only as a part time gig. So at the time I ignored the measly $8.50 they started me at even though I had 7 years prior experience at other chains. After they verified my National Certification they gave me a raise to about $10.25. That pay raise hardly balances the bills I have in the current demographic. October will be my second year anniversary of me being employed at Giant. The people are nice that I work with the work load however isn't balanced properly, at the moment I do most of the quality control with prescriptions and data entry while my Lead tech just does data entry! And her pay is at about $14+ with full benefits under an old contract that is currently non-existent for new hires. I really love working as a pharmacy technician coming from Walgreens, Safeway and Kaiser but this experience at Giant makes me second guess my career choice...
Pharmacist
Staff Pharmacist (Current Employee), Hyattsville, MDApril 22, 2015
What you would expect as a retail pharmacist
-dispensing
-answering patient questions
-demanding corporate requirements at times
-focused on compliance
Great Place to work
Baker (Former Employee), Altoona, PAApril 11, 2015
I spent a lot of years at Giant and it was a very nice place to work. Very flexible in scheduling. I learned a lot about retail at Giant.
Good place, bad management
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Romeroville, NMApril 7, 2015
Pros: Good co-workers, Subway, Meeting different people
Cons: Changing management, strenuous demands
Usually, the work done by us was routine. I had learned how to operate the Ruby cash registers, how to work as a team with my coworkers, the operations of selling lottery tickets and money orders through Western Union. Management had its ups and downs, and most of my bosses were easy to work with. In terms of listening to my requests and concerns however, I was mostly met with empty promises. This was not their fault, however, as their hands were regularly tied by upper management. When it came to my coworkers, I would get along with about at least 90% of them, and had very few issues. The hardest part of the job were the evolving company policies and selective enforcement of them. The part I enjoyed most about the job was the fact I got to know many individuals with whom I keep in touch to this day. I also enjoyed the fact I saw people from all across the country who were travelling through.
Good work place
Cashier (Former Employee), Fort Washington, MDApril 4, 2015
Pros: Nice environment
Cons: Not enough hours
A typical day there is good nice co-workers, their was a lot of people i met there and the hardest part of the job was dealing with some of the short hrs they give you.
Great Place to work with friends.
Customer Service Associate/Cashier/u-scan (Current Employee), Hatfield, PAApril 2, 2015
Pros: salary+.50c extra per hour on saterdays
Cons: Sometimes it does give many hours/ and when it get busy no breaks.
its usually the same everyday work like collecting money and returning merchandiser that customer didn't like or didn't want. Help customer finding product that they can't find and help them with the sale products on the adds. Order stuff online if they want to place some special order and answering phone calls.
Overnight and cashier
Over night stock (Former Employee), Harrisburg, PAMarch 20, 2015
Working as an overnight stock associate was great, cashiers don't get the better end of the deal. they work the hardest yet treat ed the worst.
n/a
Stock Clerk (Current Employee), Hyattsville, MDMarch 16, 2015
No room for growth , don't provide enough work hours , the hardest part of the job is trying to fulfill your task with inadequate

1 2 3 4 5