Gibbs & Cox

Gibbs & Cox Employer Reviews

Productive place I liked the environment
Senior Designer (Former Employee), Hampton, VAAugust 15, 2012
Pros: i loved the fact that design and engineering worked closely together, and there wasn't much animosity between them, which i believe to be the main cause of the success of the project
Cons: the new electrical design manager had no experience in management, and ran the dept. as if he was still a contractor, causing huge budget issues that led to the layoff of 3/4 of the dept.
I would like to work there again I like the fact that there was little to no micromanagement and I liked to learn new ideals on how to do design more efficiently.
Review
Designer Draftsman (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 3, 2012
Gibbs & cox was one of the best engineering firms I've worked for in the late 80's it was a wonderfull experience.
Compensation is good despite the excellerated work schedule. Job security is not good but not bad either
SR Staff CAD Designer (Current Employee), Hampton, VAJune 19, 2012
Pros: free lunches once a month. free coffee.
Cons: short breaks, no break room. notification of work over the week end comes on short notice.
A typical work day would include two meets, review of previsous day work to supply a status of work flow. Manage any previously discussed issues.
learned a great deal with older engineering types
Senior Pipe and Machinery Staff Engineer (Former Employee), Bath, MEMay 25, 2012
Pros: good technology etc.
Cons: to many last minute shift changes
overall good place to work, and i enjoyed there work ethic, and sound belief in doing the job right the first time
Very productive setting.
Senior Structural Designer (Former Employee), Hampton, VAApril 12, 2012
Pros: friendly staff and flexible hours.
Cons: long days to meet demanding deadlines.
Gibbs and Cox was a friendly and productive environment. My job functions included reviewing changes to the Cad design and implementing it into the current drawings under new revisions. At times, due to the work load, I may have 3 or more projects going and all due at accelerated time frames to meet the clients deadline.
I enjoyed the work and keeping – more... busy. Gibbs and Cox is highly recommended. – less
Great company, excellent management
Analyst (Former Employee), New YorkFebruary 22, 2012
Great executive management, but poor communication between departments.