Gibson Employee Reviews

Owner/ Operator (Current Employee) –  Marmora, NJJune 12, 2015
One of the best products being developed worldwide as far as custom motorcycle paint and graphics. Airbrush work is among the finest worldwide.
Administrative Records Clerk (Temporary) (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 11, 2015
• Reviewed archive client cases.
• Data entry of files to a spreadsheet in preparation for file destruction

Only had one co-worker my supervisor and she was very helpful

It was quite
Pros
Close to home
Cons
N/A
fast paced, met a lot of very nice people
Snr Lit. Paralegal thru Advantage Staffing (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 4, 2015
Updated hard copy files and updated document databases, indexed all filed and served court documents and discovery, prepared working binders for attorneys in preparing for court hearings, conducted document searches and prepared hard copies for attorney review. The hardest part of the job that would probably have to be the huge document reviews, but was great when we'd find information that helped our case or when we won a motion we filed or opposed.
Great leadership
Service Specialist / Receptionist (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INNovember 18, 2014
Gibson is an organization with a lot of hard working people. People of integrity and leadership in the community.
Pros
very professional
Cons
weak management training
Awesome firm to work for
Litigation Legal Secretary (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 19, 2014
This has been one of the best firms I've ever worked for. They have extensive training for any software they used. The staff is awesome and ready to help if needed. The service staff goes over and above to help you get your documents out. The firm also believes in having fun in the workplace. I was able to help plan many activities while there.
Pros
trainng and employee friendly firm
Contractor
Ground Hand (Former Employee) –  Grand Saline, TXMay 11, 2014
Typical day was new every day. I learned how to poor concrete, drive and use heavy machinery. The management was very helpful and taught me a lot of things. The other workers were very easy to get along with. The hardest part of the job was being on the hot asphalt during 110 degree summer. The most enjoyable was driving the heavy Equipment.
Pros
home every night, great coworkers
Cons
hot asphalt, demolition jobs
International law firm, great pay and benefits
Floater/Litigation Secretary (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAFebruary 24, 2014
Good law firm with a lot of work interacting with attorneys and staff; litigation document and telephone support, coping, filing, E-filing, working with courts, assisting other secretaries and receptionist.
Pros
great benefits, good office culture
Cons
inexperienced office manager, favoritism
fun place to work
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Plaza, WADecember 13, 2013
learn a lot while working there coworkers were great at making me feel at home like one of the family
Productive and Enjoyable atmosphere
Director of Quality Assurance (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 8, 2013
A typical day working at Gibson included but not limited to being responsible for thousands of dollars worth of electronics for guitars. I was responsible for ordering, maintaining inventory, stocking, and quality assurance of each and every product when it came into and left the dept. Working together with other managers and team leads to insure we were achieving above and beyond company and customer standards. I over seen 30 to 40 people in the dept. and made sure they had what they needed to complete work in a timely manner to achieve the highest of speed and quality. Gibson consisted of about 300 employees total. Everyone grew to be so close and helping one another and such a friendly atmosphere to be in.
Good way to learn all aspects of running a retail store.
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Manhasset, NYSeptember 26, 2013
I really enjoyed managing the Gibson. The clients I got to meet and become close to were one of the best aspects of the job. I made a lot of great connections and in turn created a much wider client base. I also enjoyed the creative allowance and collaboration with everything from merchandising to buying. Knowing you and your boss have the same vision and that they believe in you makes work all the better and personally gratifying.
With new hires I would go over every day business functions and emphasis on The Gibson's expectations for selling, closing and clientelling, using acquired knowledge and acting as an example.
I made sure the store was run like an upscale boutique and that each customer was beyond satisfied with their experience. Whether you spent $20 or $2000 everyone was an important client and treated that way. With a tweak of merchandise and P.O's I am happy to say business increased with a steady growth and retention of clients.
Pros
great for established and upcoming retail workers
Cons
no room for growth
No advancement
SHIPPING & RECEIVING CLERK (Current Employee) –  Denver, ColoradoJuly 7, 2013
The is no room for advancement regarding existing employees, management might tell you they believe in it but not one person who has been in the warehouse or certain position for a number of years has advance. I have been there for over a year and most people while I was there turned in their two-weeks notice than got a raise. Benefits are absurd because if I added me and a child, most of my check is towards that so I had to decline benefits to maintain bills but my job sure didn't mind that either because they get so much involved in chasing the might dollar, there is no genuine concern for their laborers.
Pros
good owners
Cons
hire alot of outsiders wth the gift of gab but lack compassion.
Fun workplace
program assistant (Former Employee) –  Oakland City, INJune 27, 2013
These services include enhancing
educational progress so proper diagnosis and programming can be
established for the future with special needs students
Pros
loved the students and the people i worked with
Cons
job ended without notice
Great environment, needs some updating to office and policies
Associate Attorney (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMay 28, 2013
The people I work with at Gibson are unparalled in terms of friendliness, and there are lots of great opportunites for young attorneys. However, the firm needs some technology updates as well as some updates on attitudes towards employees.
Great clients
C.N.A. (Former Employee) –  Statesville, NCApril 25, 2013
Home instead senior care helped form my customer service relations higher than they were previously.
Nice Place to Work
LEGAL RECORDS ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 1, 2013
I remember having a good work experience at Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher until my Manager decided to give me more work and responsibilities and take work from another employee. The unfair action caused me to leave the company.
Pros
great atmosphere.
Cons
unfair practices
Fun workplace with lots of teamwork
Waitress/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJanuary 24, 2013
Daily responsibilites included restocking bar, confidently serving food to patrons, preparing mixed drinks as well as making sure restraunt was kept clean. Additionally promote vendors throughout shifts.
Top Notch Law Firm
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 14, 2013
Great place to work with great benefits and salary. Large workforce with many great and diverse people to work with.
Service the buses
Forklift operator/ Assistant (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 25, 2012
Mach. check every day then move to the other part of the station
Nice place to work, very physical.
Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Poca, WVSeptember 17, 2012
mostly residential additions on houses,from footers to drywall & finishing. Good place with local owners.
Pros
kept you in shape
Great Place to Work
Legal Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 19, 2012
Great job, great place to work, great city! I learned much from the attorneys here!
Pros
educational and a great job!
Cons
n/a