Gibson Employee Reviews

Gibson is AMAZING if you want to be in Residential sales
Realtor (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 12, 2016
If I wanted to stay in residential sales I would only work with Gibson. They are progressive, professional and supportive. The work place environment is professional yet very supportive and caring.
Pros
They will do anything to support their agents.
Cons
full commission
good place with good people
Repacker (Former Employee) –  Marshall Island, PADecember 9, 2016
i like to work at Gibson because it is one if the big company in the island, but i have to moved to state to complete my school. i was working part-time there while i was in school. working there makes me happy, i met more great people. it also give me experiment to know how to communicate with other.
Very knowledgeable staff
Law Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 4, 2016
The firm was a great group of professionals that were both experienced and knowledgeable. The form also handled a good variety of cases including personal injury, workers comp, social security disability, domestic relations and other matters.
Pros
Great group to learn from
Great family run business
Office/ Finance Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, GAJuly 26, 2016
I learned great customer service skills and time management skills. It was honestly like a big family. We all got along very well and cared for each other.
We were able to vent and relieve stress adequately.
Productive and fun work place
Baby sitting (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYApril 19, 2016
Working as a baby sitter is kind of a hard job. You can learn a lot from this job. Baby sitting can teach you how to communicate and work well with others.The hardest part of this job is that some children have behavioral issues and its hard getting them to listen or to calm down. You have to have patience. The most enjoyable part of this job is you can work with the kids and you can learn to communicate.Also you can make an connection.
Pros
Communication
Cons
short breaks
Just a job
Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 24, 2016
My manager was great. The firm is a great firm when it comes to its practice. There was nothing hard about working my clerk job. I would only work there if I was a paralegal or attorney; The support staff does not get many of the perks that they receive.
Pros
Hour lunch, clean environment
Very productive and fine dinning restaurant
Busser, The Boathouse (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 22, 2016
Fresh food, fine dinning, very organized, a fast pace, great team work, love interacting with guests, coworkers are very kind and always willing to help management is easy to talk too and always willing to work with you.
Pros
great compensation
Cons
too many employees
Excellent work environment
HR Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 28, 2016
Professional staff and management. Firm culture is collegial and friendly. Attorneys and administration interface well. Enjoyable place to work.
Legal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJuly 15, 2015
I would not be leaving this job if I weren't leaving the state and moving to California! The staff is wonderful, the attorneys including the partners are fair and easy to get along with. The case load is heavy, but there is always someone to lend a hand if you need it.
Pros
Very nice management staff
Cons
It's in Buffalo, New York
fast paced, met a lot of very nice people
Snr Lit. Paralegal thru Advantage Staffing (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 4, 2015
Updated hard copy files and updated document databases, indexed all filed and served court documents and discovery, prepared working binders for attorneys in preparing for court hearings, conducted document searches and prepared hard copies for attorney review. The hardest part of the job that would probably have to be the huge document reviews, but was great when we'd find information that helped our case or when we won a motion we filed or opposed.
No advancement
SHIPPING & RECEIVING CLERK (Current Employee) –  Denver, ColoradoJuly 7, 2013
The is no room for advancement regarding existing employees, management might tell you they believe in it but not one person who has been in the warehouse or certain position for a number of years has advance. I have been there for over a year and most people while I was there turned in their two-weeks notice than got a raise. Benefits are absurd because if I added me and a child, most of my check is towards that so I had to decline benefits to maintain bills but my job sure didn't mind that either because they get so much involved in chasing the might dollar, there is no genuine concern for their laborers.
Pros
Good owners
Cons
Hire alot of outsiders wth the gift of gab but lack compassion.
Productive and Enjoyable atmosphere
Director of Quality Assurance (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 8, 2013
A typical day working at Gibson included but not limited to being responsible for thousands of dollars worth of electronics for guitars. I was responsible for ordering, maintaining inventory, stocking, and quality assurance of each and every product when it came into and left the dept. Working together with other managers and team leads to insure we were achieving above and beyond company and customer standards. I over seen 30 to 40 people in the dept. and made sure they had what they needed to complete work in a timely manner to achieve the highest of speed and quality. Gibson consisted of about 300 employees total. Everyone grew to be so close and helping one another and such a friendly atmosphere to be in.
Awesome firm to work for
Litigation Legal Secretary (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 19, 2014
This has been one of the best firms I've ever worked for. They have extensive training for any software they used. The staff is awesome and ready to help if needed. The service staff goes over and above to help you get your documents out. The firm also believes in having fun in the workplace. I was able to help plan many activities while there.
Pros
Trainng and employee friendly firm
Contractor
Ground Hand (Former Employee) –  Grand Saline, TXMay 11, 2014
Typical day was new every day. I learned how to poor concrete, drive and use heavy machinery. The management was very helpful and taught me a lot of things. The other workers were very easy to get along with. The hardest part of the job was being on the hot asphalt during 110 degree summer. The most enjoyable was driving the heavy Equipment.
Pros
home every night, great coworkers
Cons
hot asphalt, demolition jobs
International law firm, great pay and benefits
Floater/Litigation Secretary (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAFebruary 24, 2014
Good law firm with a lot of work interacting with attorneys and staff; litigation document and telephone support, coping, filing, E-filing, working with courts, assisting other secretaries and receptionist.
Pros
Great benefits, good office culture
Cons
Inexperienced Office Manager, favoritism
Great environment, needs some updating to office and policies
Associate Attorney (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMay 28, 2013
The people I work with at Gibson are unparalled in terms of friendliness, and there are lots of great opportunites for young attorneys. However, the firm needs some technology updates as well as some updates on attitudes towards employees.
Nice Place to Work
LEGAL RECORDS ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 1, 2013
I remember having a good work experience at Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher until my Manager decided to give me more work and responsibilities and take work from another employee. The unfair action caused me to leave the company.
Pros
great atmosphere.
Cons
unfair practices
Administrative Records Clerk (Temporary) (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 11, 2015
• Reviewed archive client cases.
• Data entry of files to a spreadsheet in preparation for file destruction

Only had one co-worker my supervisor and she was very helpful

It was quite
Pros
Close to home
Cons
N/A
Fun workplace with lots of teamwork
Waitress/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJanuary 24, 2013
Daily responsibilites included restocking bar, confidently serving food to patrons, preparing mixed drinks as well as making sure restraunt was kept clean. Additionally promote vendors throughout shifts.
Fun workplace
program assistant (Former Employee) –  Oakland City, INJune 27, 2013
These services include enhancing
educational progress so proper diagnosis and programming can be
established for the future with special needs students
Pros
loved the students and the people i worked with
Cons
Job ended without notice

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gibson. Our community is ready to answer.

90%