Gifford Medical Center Employee Reviews

Family oriented, close to home
Office Manager (Current Employee), Randolph, VTApril 9, 2015
Pros: I love my job
Cons: None, I am just moving
I love my job here, everyone is so friendly and helpful. The atmosphere here is one that makes you feel that you can grow, to a certain extent. I have reached my limit here, I have nowhere to go without a nursing degree unfortunately.
Great small hospital with amazing co workers.
Registered Nurse, Menig Extended Care Facility (Former Employee), Randolph, VTDecember 1, 2014
Pros: great co workers, benefits, and positive atmosphere to work in. flexible with scheduling.
Cons: short staffed for lna's
A great small community hospital working together as a team. I loved my job at Gifford Medical Center. The benefits were great along with the salary. Not only did Gifford offer me security and stability, it offered me a healthcare team that was a pleasure working with in a friendly atmosphere. With a small community hospital, I felt welcomed on the very first day of work and felt part of their team.

Working at Gifford Medical Center I learned how to be part of a team but how to work as an independent as well. I worked several shifts on the 3-11 as the charge nurse. This enhanced my growth in critical thinking as I had to make decisions and delegate tasks independently to ensure that the best nursing care was being provided for the residents. Gifford has given me confidence to further my lifelong career as a nurse with pride and dedication.
always busy
Chart Room / Patient Registration Supervisor (Former Employee), Randolph VermontNovember 8, 2014
Pros: close knit workers
Cons: never enough help
The chart room is the back bone of a hospital and still the least respected position.
lacks real management of IT
PC Support Technician (Former Employee), Randolph, VTAugust 31, 2014
Tech department needs to have someone that will really manage the department and not make some work their butts off while others do nothing but screw off all day.
PC Support Technician Job Review
PC Support Technician (Former Employee), Randolph, VT 05060March 7, 2013
Pros: great benefits package
Cons: poor management in the it department
A typical day would consist of taking care of helpdesk emails, phone calls and pages. Replacing older computers with new ones, imaging new computers to have ready to go faster. Setting up new user accounts and email, removal of ex-employee accounts and emails. Audio Visual setups. Changing server backup tapes, assisting the network administrator as needed. Purchasing hardware getting quotes for the manager when asked. Taking care of any purchased items that come into the department. Managing the content of the intranet website. The hardest part of the job was not always having the time to get everything done in a days time. The most enjoyable part was getting to help people with their computer problems. Other duties would include going to meetings, and working on projects as assigned by the manager.