Gifford Medical Center Employee Reviews

Gifford Med
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Randolph, VTApril 19, 2017
Everything was pretty great, I learned a lot about how to deal with people, even the angry ones, I learned my way around scheduling, rescheduling. I learned filing and I did a lot with referrals, and putting them in the computer once they've been sent out. Everyone there seemed generally pretty happy, management was good, and the most enjoyable part was at the end of the day reflecting on how much you did and feeling proud and accomplished.
Administrative role
Abused employee (Former Employee) –  Randolph, VTJanuary 16, 2017
Worst healthcare organizations to work for. The new leadership is two faced, lacks professionalism and truly doesn't understand the meaning of ethics.
Pros
Cons
Everything (bait and switch)
Culture of Fear, Lack of Transparency
Physician (Current Employee) –  Randolph, VTJune 25, 2016
Gifford medical center does not offer sufficient training to staff, and is unresponsive to staff requests for assistance. Management is very top down and secretive. There is a culture of fear, where if an individual decides to speak up about an issue that is occurring in the work place, management and administrators look for scape-goats instead of solutions to problems. Rumors abound in the work environment.
Pros
Pleasant office space
Cons
Lack of clarity, poor training, below average compensation, very long hours
Culture of Fear
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Randolph, VTMay 25, 2016
Gifford provides excellent patient care. Internally the organization is scattered, departments are in silos, there is a lack of transparency, and poor communication. There is a culture of fear among employees to speak up to management for fear of being fired. Gifford has had over 17 providers leave in 2 years. Recently, under a new CEO staff is hopeful there might be some internal changes and new leadership.
Pros
Excellent patient care.
Cons
Poor management
Quiet.
Radiology Technologist (Current Employee) –  Randolph, VTMay 21, 2015
Friendly atmosphere, low patient volume.
No room for advancement. Critical access hospital, not a trauma center, not doing advanced diagnostic imaging.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
No Discipline.
Family oriented, close to home
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Randolph, VTApril 9, 2015
I love my job here, everyone is so friendly and helpful. The atmosphere here is one that makes you feel that you can grow, to a certain extent. I have reached my limit here, I have nowhere to go without a nursing degree unfortunately.
Pros
I love my job
Cons
None, I am just moving
Great small hospital with amazing co workers.
Registered Nurse, Menig Extended Care Facility (Former Employee) –  Randolph, VTDecember 1, 2014
A great small community hospital working together as a team. I loved my job at Gifford Medical Center. The benefits were great along with the salary. Not only did Gifford offer me security and stability, it offered me a healthcare team that was a pleasure working with in a friendly atmosphere. With a small community hospital, I felt welcomed on the very first day of work and felt part of their team.

Working at Gifford Medical Center I learned how to be part of a team but how to work as an independent as well. I worked several shifts on the 3-11 as the charge nurse. This enhanced my growth in critical thinking as I had to make decisions and delegate tasks independently to ensure that the best nursing care was being provided for the residents. Gifford has given me confidence to further my lifelong career as a nurse with pride and dedication.
Pros
Great co workers, benefits, and positive atmosphere to work in. Flexible with scheduling.
Cons
short staffed for LNA's
always busy
Chart Room / Patient Registration Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Randolph VermontNovember 8, 2014
The chart room is the back bone of a hospital and still the least respected position.
Pros
Close knit workers
Cons
never enough help
lacks real management of IT
PC Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Randolph, VTAugust 31, 2014
Tech department needs to have someone that will really manage the department and not make some work their butts off while others do nothing but screw off all day.
PC Support Technician Job Review
PC Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Randolph, VT 05060March 7, 2013
A typical day would consist of taking care of helpdesk emails, phone calls and pages. Replacing older computers with new ones, imaging new computers to have ready to go faster. Setting up new user accounts and email, removal of ex-employee accounts and emails. Audio Visual setups. Changing server backup tapes, assisting the network administrator as needed. Purchasing hardware getting quotes for the manager when asked. Taking care of any purchased items that come into the department. Managing the content of the intranet website. The hardest part of the job was not always having the time to get everything done in a days time. The most enjoyable part was getting to help people with their computer problems. Other duties would include going to meetings, and working on projects as assigned by the manager.
Pros
great benefits package
Cons
poor management in the it department

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gifford Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7