NOTE - NO H1B, MUST BE BASED IN US ALREADY W/ NO SPONSORSHIP REQUIREMENTS
As a Lead Developer, you’ll work closely with our Ruby developers for website integration, as well as partner with the marketing and business development teams to respond to stakeholder and customer feature requests. As developers, we serve some of the largest images in the world and are at the forefront of gigapixel viewing. We are the engineers who author new and engaging ways for our users to explore these images.
NOTE: While ideally this position would be based in our Portland, OR, or Pittsburgh, PA office, we will consider remote within the US for the right candidate.
What We’re Looking For:
- Flash application (ActionScript 3) programming experience.
- Ability to tackle hi-res image tile stacking algorithms.
- Strong web application development experience.
- Working knowledge of high performance web server architecture.
- Familiarity with Linux, Apache, MySQL.
- Experience with & commitment to behavior-/ test-driven development practices.
- Demonstrated success in the development of database design and systems.
- Experience with standard source control systems (git).
- Formal Computer Science background.
- BS or MS in Computer Science.
- Background in or formal exposure to HCI.
- Experience building high-performance, highly-available and scalable distributed systems.
- Start up / small company experience.
- Passion for and/or background in photography.
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume to jobs (at) gigapansystems (dot) com with a cover letter describing how your skills meet the qualifications for the position. A Github link, attached code samples, and/or projects demonstrating your skills are appreciated.