GiGi's Cupcakes

GiGi's Cupcakes Employer Reviews

Fun
Servers (Former Employee), Manchester,TnFebruary 16, 2015
Working at Waffle House was such an amazing experience. I absolutely love customer service and waitressing. Waffle House has known too be one of the hardest waitressing jobs in the business, having to bust your own tables , take and call out your own orders, and still maintain great service and a smile. This was a life changing experience I loved and enjoyed very much, would do it all over again !
High School Job
customer service (Former Employee), Norcross, GAJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: free cupcake
Cons: no breaks, lied to about everything, management was not good
I worked here when I was a Senior in high school. It was fun and good at the time. I got hired to do back of the house stuff but ended up only ever working front of the house and I was never told that it had been switched. I look back now and see that yes the cupcakes are very very good but the store was not ran well and needs a lot of improvements.
Creative work place with fun co-workers
Baker/Decorator (Former Employee), Florence, KYNovember 10, 2014
I loved everyone I worked with. We had a special bond since we all started roughly at the same time with it being a new store. the other bakers and I got to bounce ideas off each other for customer orders.
It is a very fun job.
Customer Care was key, being friendly (Former Employee), Memphis, TNOctober 20, 2014
Pros: achy hands
Cons: you learn so much from this job
If your very creative then this is the job for you.
Management is great.
Lots of responsibility
Keyholder/Sales associate (Former Employee), Bowling Green, KYJune 20, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: long, routine hours
Decorate cupcakes, help customers, clean the store, count the drawer and bank.

I learned how to decorate cupcakes and decorate for banquets and weddings.

The management was easy going

Co-workers were fun

Hardest part of the job was the continuous routine

Most enjoyable part was the free lunches on occasions.
Happy place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee), Tupelo, MSMay 9, 2014
Pros: happy environment
Cons: managment
Good job for students
Happy customers
friendly co-workers
good hours and pay
Family Owned
Head Baker (Former Employee), Noblesville, INFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: free cupcakes
Cons: no benefits
The early morning shifts as a baker were great for making the most of my days.
Okay place to work for.
Baker and Decorator (Former Employee), Carrollton, TXFebruary 10, 2014
Loved being able to be create with baking and decorating everyday.
Fast work environment
Decorator and sales representative (Current Employee), Nashville, TNJanuary 7, 2014
Job can be challenging and demanding. However, small family like work environment.
The joys of working with cupcakes
Front Desk (Current Employee), Madison, ALDecember 17, 2013
Pros: nice people, free cupcake, 50% off discount
Cons: no breaks really, hours go down.
Every day you come in and take your place at the front desk. You learn about all the different kinds of cupcakes, how its made, what icing it has, and the way it is decorated. The managers, store owners, give you a little bit of a detail of how things are going. But you have a crew leader, your manager, who is there with you 90% of the time. Everyone is very nice and easy to work with. The hardest part about the job is when it gets really busy and you run out of boxes, honestly that is the hardest thing because you have to take more time to make one by one for each customer. You also do not really get a break. You just sit down and eat, hopefully no one will come in so you can enjoy yourself for a minute. The most enjoyable part about the job is the people. Everyone is so nice and comforting.
Productive and fun loving place to work
Lead Cashier\ FOH & BOH (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVOctober 1, 2013
Pros: great working atmosphere, positive energy
Cons: few breaks
I enjoy working at Gigi's Cupcakes, it is a very family like atmosphere and they really value customer service. There's always new flavors and fun and exciting promotions going on, which I really like and enjoy. I get along fantastically with my coworkers, and even though sometimes there are differences between people, we always seem to work it out easily. Decorating and customer service are my favorite part of the job. It is a busy bakery, with work always to be done, but as long as you're motivated and on top of it, it is a really great place to work.
Prepare to be overworked!
Store Manager (Former Employee), Montgomery, ALFebruary 2, 2013
Pros: creativity, customers, it's a new fad!
Cons: no work/life balance; 10+ hours each day; money hungry owners.
At first the job was fun - then the work week kicks in and the work/life balance goes out the window.

For being a franchise, it's ultimately about the bottom line between sales/labor ratio. To maintain this (to avoid higher taxes on the owners end) worked more than 65+ hours a week. When questioning the work, was told it's the "nature" of the food industry. Previously working in the food industry, managers always have 2 days off.

Oh and might I add - no benefits, no sick time.

Learned what NOT to seek for future jobs!
A great starting place for a baker
Baker (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVDecember 24, 2012
Pros: training was good
Cons: limited to no breaks
It was a nice place for an internship. The main baker always worked with me and taught me something different.
Largest Cupcake Chain
Lead Baker (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVSeptember 13, 2012
Pros: small work environment
Cons: same thing day in day out
The company has an awesome template for their franchises, however, some franchisees do not share the values and vision of the creator of GiGi's.
Great co-worker camaraderie, vague ownership
Management/ Decorator (Former Employee), Lexington, KYJuly 2, 2012
Pros: small work force, semi-flexible hours.
Cons: no health benefits. hard labor working conditions with very little breaks.
Early morning productions, store opening, and front-end responsibilities. Became a more productive leader and learned to handle different responsibilities including people management.

Owner/management more concerned with revenue rather than working conditions. A lot of demand with very little compensation.

Tough working conditions left little to no motivation for employees. A lot of demands and not very well paid.

Fun to do. Working with the general public and repeat customers is nice. Building a reputation within the community.

GiGi's Cupcakes Salaries