GiGi's Cupcakes Employee Reviews

Great people
Information Security Analyst (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, TNMay 23, 2017
This was a great place to work and live. Everyone was so nice and I really enjoyed working here. To bad they got sold and moved to Texas. I wish Gigi's well.
It was fun being around friendly people baking and decorating cupcakes.
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALMay 16, 2017
Wonderful experience working at Gigi's cupcakes. A great place to work if baking deserts is something you enjoy doing. Great management and location to work at.
Love
Customer Service/Decorator Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Flowood, MSMay 14, 2017
Gigi's Cupcakes in Flowood, MS is an amazing place to work. The owner if very kind and hard working. She is always willing to work with you. It is a pretty easy going job with average amount of work. There is no drama and complete happiness in a workplace.
Pros
Owner
Good Baking and decorating experience for future Employment
Decorator/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMay 1, 2017
I really enjoyed working at GiGi's early on, but the longer I was there the more unhappy I became. There is no way to move up in the company unless you want to buy a franchise. I only received 1 pay raise in the 5 years I worked there and really wanted to be moved to full time and never was. Obviously I was a great employee because I never had a disciplinary write up but I was not rewarded for my hard work and was often sent home early because business was slow.
Pros
You get to wear a pink shirt
Cons
Non appreciative employer
Fun work place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 13, 2017
A typical day at GiGi's Cupcake was always fun being able to sell the different flavor cup cakes and being able to try them. I always enjoyed talking to the customer who came to GiGi's to purchase cupcakes.
Overworking, unwilling to give raises
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 6, 2017
Desire to move up in company or in pay per hour was never in the cards.
Once they saw you were a hard worker, kept adding to list and ended up over working workers
An overall good place to work if you enjoy working with customers and baked goods
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Peachtree Corners, GAFebruary 18, 2017
An overall good place to work if you enjoy working with customers and being knowledgeable about different baked goods such as cakes, cookies, and cupcakes. This job teaches responsibility and organization and can be a good entry level job to customer service or baking.
Fun place to work. Ideal for high school and college students.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Pickerington, OHFebruary 1, 2017
If you enjoy baking, decorating and enjoy interacting with customers, then Gigi's is a great place to work. I did learn a lot and was able to advance, but that will not be available at all locations.
Only benefit is the half off/ free cupcake daily
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 27, 2017
**Each location is individually owned and operated so my experience may not reflect the location you're interested in!***
I got hired being told I would be 9-5 M-F at 9.00 an hour plus pooled tips, which actually added $25 a week or so, sometimes more. At the end, I was getting a 10-3 one day, maybe a 10-4. I was getting 20 hours a week, when I was promised 40. They made it impossible to get a second job because the schedule would fluctuate so much because "business changes week to week". Cutting hours made it so me, a customer service rep, would be completely alone sometimes, having to finish baking, decorating, stocking, helping guests, cleaning at the same time, because the owner didn't want the bakers to work 2 extra hours and didn't want the afternoon to come in 2 hours early. I expressed how stressful this was to the owner and she didn't hear my concerns. I got no benefits to working there, management was overly tough because they were stressed because of the lack of help (because they had their hours cut). Also, impossible to move up because it's all franchised. If you want to run a store, you've gotta buy.
Pros
One free cupcake, half off cupcakes up to $36.
Cons
Management, unable to grow
Fun and relatively easy but poor management
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNJanuary 6, 2017
I worked at Gigi's for several years and worked with a great team. The work is very collaborative and can be quite fast-paced but the decorating is fun and the work is easy. However, the company lacks management and organizational skills, the pay is mediocre, and many unqualified individuals are hired.
Pros
Free cupcakes, fun work, great team
Cons
Poor communication, no breaks, poor pay

Want to know more about GiGi's Cupcakes?

Ask a question
decent place to work but awful management.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 6, 2017
the gigis location in san Antonio has unfair managers who don't put their employees in their best interest. Customer are great but the store was ran unprofessionally.
Management not professional
Decorator/Cashier (Current Employee) –  The Woodlands, TX 77385December 29, 2016
The easiest part of the job is doing the almost the same thing everyday and the hardest was doing everything all alone since after 12pm, they leave you to handle everything on your own.
Pros
Comfortable Work Environment
Cons
No Breaks, No sick days, No professionalism
Unprofessional managers and work environment.
Customer Service Representative/baker (Former Employee) –  Blue SpringsDecember 14, 2016
The current general manager is still in her teens and incapable of running/managing a business. Managers give little to no respect to employees and often talk negatively about employees in front of other employees. Managers do not take responsibility for their actions which results in employees getting in trouble for doing nothing. Managers are also inconsistent with procedures & special cake orders. During my time spent at this establishment there were 4 different general managers due to managers resigning because of one particular manager is not a very good manager. Many employees resigned because of this manager as well.
Pros
Relationships I created with other crew members, gained valuable baking expirence
Good experience
Cake Decorator/Baker (Former Employee) –  Blue Springs, MODecember 14, 2016
Love baking and decorating. Easy customer service. Management needs a lot of improvement. General and store managers are very unprofessional and unorganized. They are always negative and stressed making decisions based off from their emotions and creating an hostile work environment. Don't take responsibility for any of their own mistakes and push it on to the employees. Will try to make you take on managerial duties or more work without a raise. Threatened employees to do what they want and forces a lot of employees to resign. No respect for others. Always last minute to no notification on special cupcake sales. Really hard to work with managers but awesome teamwork with coworkers when managers are absent.
Pros
Baking, cake decorating, customers and coworkers
Cons
Managers and unorganized
Great place to work loved it
Baker (Former Employee) –  Blue Springs, MONovember 30, 2016
Went to work with capable great people, really loved working there, was a shame I had to move and resign that position. Worked 7-8 hours a day got to go home around noon or 1 pm,
Pros
Everyone was really nice great place
Cons
wake up at 5am to go to work
Creative work space with friendly coworkers
Customer Service/Front Desk (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 16, 2016
Working at Gigi's Cupcakes was a great learning experience for me. I was the Front Desk Associate. I would provide customers with their cupcakes, cheesecakes, etc and would use my friendly attitude to upsell our merchandise and sweet treats. What made working at this location stressful at times would be management. There were more days than not, where the store would not have enough coverage, so I would be working double shifts several times throughout the week (9am-10pm). In addition to working double shifts I would also work at 2 different locations in one day. Typically I did not mind helping the store by doing this, but when management began to feel like I was obligated to do so 4-5 times a week it became slightly overwhelming. I really loved my coworkers, one of which became my best friend. The most enjoyable part of working here was getting to know my coworkers, and speaking with the customers. The customers were usually so friendly and they would make those times that I had to work all day a lot more tolerable.
Pros
Free cupcakes, cheesecakes, and cookies
Cons
no healthcare benefits, constantly working doubles
Productive and fast paced work enviornment
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZNovember 8, 2016
Gigi's Cupcakes as a company is a great concept and has potential to be great stores. Owners must be helpful in the process of setting up the store for success. Unfortunatelly the location i was at was not setup for success. Had alot of unneeded stress due to lack of owner involvement.
Cons
Short/No Breaks, Stressful if not setup for success
Fun and exciting place to work!
Decorator (Current Employee) –  Auburn, ALNovember 8, 2016
I have been working for GiGi's for less than 6 months. The owners really make an effort to spend time with all of their employees. The atmosphere is fun and laid back. I would definitely recommend this place for a job!
Pros
Free cupcake! Great management!
Productive Workplace
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Maplewood, NJNovember 1, 2016
Amazing workplace, where positive teamwork is encouraged. The CEO's of GiGi's cupcakes are always around to talk and provide a flexible schedule for their employees.
Cupcake Decorator
Cupcake Decorator (Former Employee) –  Blue Springs, MOOctober 16, 2016
Easy, fun going, fairly calm environment. Fun training, and willing to help with any troubles you are having getting certain techniques developed. Customers usually nice and

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GiGi's Cupcakes. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7