GILA REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER

GILA REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER Employee Reviews

Friendly work environment
Certified Medical Laboratory Assistant (AMT) (Current Employee), Silver City, NMFebruary 20, 2015
Friendly work atmosphere and patient centered care is number 1.We treat all patients and visitors with the respect and proper treatment.
I enjoyed going to work as I believe I have yet to experience a work day in my career
Executive Assistant CNO/COO (Former Employee), Silver City, NMAugust 19, 2014
Pros: interacting with multi cultures, benefits, growing personally, spiritually and career
I enjoy the interactions of my bosses, co-workers and all those who cross my path on daily basises.
I enjoy being part of a team to resolve issues.
I have been very fortunate to be given task and able to run with them.
I have learned how to be an effective Manager, pro's and con's.
I enjoy multi tasking and have become a pro with juggling appointments/schedules to fit everyone's needs
Small community with strong community ties
Registered nurse (Current Employee), medical surgical floorAugust 18, 2014
Pros: close-knit, family ties and friendly work environment
Cons: rumor, gossip, typical small-town atmosphere
GRMC is a great place to start your nursing career. Unfortunately opportunities for growth are limited. A small community hospital serving the southwest corner of New Mexico with strong family ties and strong community links. If you like a friendly small town with outdoor recreational opportunities, this is a great place to live and work.
GRMC is an excellent home health care provider that meets all the goals for health providers.
Certified Nurse Aide (Former Employee), Silver City, NMMay 15, 2014
Pros: flexible work schedules.
Cons: the need to travel far away and not fairly cover your traveling expensives.
The most enjoyable part was to share with multi-cultural population that had improve my interpersonal skills and communications
Enjoyable job with a staff that is fun to work with
Perinatal Tech/CNA (Former Employee), Silver City, NMDecember 30, 2013
Pros: good working environment
I am a person that is on time for work and works when I get there. I enjoy have a fun work environment. I am always willing to learn new things and willing to help with tasks. I have my CPR certification and CNA certification. I recently graduated with my Occupational Therapy Assistant Associates Degree from Western New Mexico University and am studying to take my COTA board exam with in the next 2 1/2 months.
Fast pace billing department
A/R Billing Clerk (Former Employee), Silver City, NMOctober 15, 2013
Pros: flexability in department, good benefits, 401k plan.
Cons: shortage on staff, small or no pay raises, slightly higher insurance costs.
Daily duties included billing out medical claims, appealing denied claims, and making sure claims were filed and paid correctly in timely manner. Management in our office was very knowledgeable a was very helpful when I needed answers. Most co-workers worked as a team within their specified billing area and this helped even out the work loads in some areas. The hardest part of the job was making sure all documentation was kept and not destroyed by other workers for proof of filing and appealing claim processes. The thing I enjoyed most was working with different insurances and representatives to file claims and get payments for daily hospital encounters.
Hospital in need of overhaul
Clinical Support Specialist-Med/Surg (Current Employee), Silver City, NMJune 4, 2013
I enjoyed the experience at GRMC. The hospital is currently in financial trouble and the overall morale of the empolyees is on the decline.
sonographer (Former Employee), Silver City, NMDecember 30, 2012
Pros: everything
Cons: nothing
Beautiful area, wonderful people... too far from major medical care.
Gila Regional as an employer
BHU Tech (Current Employee), Silver City, NMOctober 13, 2012
Pros: caring boss, coworkers, great environment, longevity
I have never felt so appreciated and well cared for than I have been while my time at Gila Regional Medical Center. They truly care about their employees. I'm always curious to see how long people have worked at Gila and so enough the replies are "12 years" "15 years" etc. It is a wonderful place to work.
Very solid place to work
Fitness Instructor (Former Employee), Silver City, NMSeptember 21, 2012
Pros: rewards
Cons: pay
I enjoyed every single day at Gila Regional Medical Center. I worked at Billy Casper Wellness Center where I worked as a Fitness Instructor. I worked primarily with memberships and instructing group fitness classes.
Enjoyed small town setting.
Business Office Director (Former Employee), Silver City, NMAugust 14, 2012
Pros: enjoyed small town
Cons: limited skilled resources to fill vacant positions
The business office was located remotely from hospital. Had to travel to hospital for meetings. Business office staff were harding working and worked well as a team. We improved are A/R aging and cash collection, while maintaining quality customer service. CEO and CFO were contract employees.
Progressive in Marketing / Regressive in Reality
Physical Therapist (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 13, 2012
Pros: unlimited time off
Cons: masking very old school conservative politics
Progressive in Marketing / Regressive in Reality. Management needs work.

About GILA REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER

Gila Regional Medical Center is deeply committed to our county-owned not-for-profit mission to provide health care services to – Read more

GILA REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER Salaries