GILA REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER

GILA REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER Employer Reviews

Fast pace billing department
A/R Billing Clerk (Former Employee), Silver City, NMOctober 15, 2013
Pros: flexability in department, good benefits, 401k plan.
Cons: shortage on staff, small or no pay raises, slightly higher insurance costs.
Daily duties included billing out medical claims, appealing denied claims, and making sure claims were filed and paid correctly in timely manner. Management in our office was very knowledgeable a was very helpful when I needed answers. Most co-workers worked as a team within their specified billing area and this helped even out the work loads in some – more... areas. The hardest part of the job was making sure all documentation was kept and not destroyed by other workers for proof of filing and appealing claim processes. The thing I enjoyed most was working with different insurances and representatives to file claims and get payments for daily hospital encounters. – less
Hospital in need of overhaul
Clinical Support Specialist-Med/Surg (Current Employee), Silver City, NMJune 4, 2013
I enjoyed the experience at GRMC. The hospital is currently in financial trouble and the overall morale of the empolyees is on the decline.
sonographer (Former Employee), Silver City, NMDecember 30, 2012
Pros: everything
Cons: nothing
Beautiful area, wonderful people... too far from major medical care.
Gila Regional as an employer
BHU Tech (Current Employee), Silver City, NMOctober 13, 2012
Pros: caring boss, coworkers, great environment, longevity
I have never felt so appreciated and well cared for than I have been while my time at Gila Regional Medical Center. They truly care about their employees. I'm always curious to see how long people have worked at Gila and so enough the replies are "12 years" "15 years" etc. It is a wonderful place to work.
Very solid place to work
Fitness Instructor (Former Employee), Silver City, NMSeptember 21, 2012
Pros: rewards
Cons: pay
I enjoyed every single day at Gila Regional Medical Center. I worked at Billy Casper Wellness Center where I worked as a Fitness Instructor. I worked primarily with memberships and instructing group fitness classes.
Enjoyed small town setting.
Business Office Director (Former Employee), Silver City, NMAugust 14, 2012
Pros: enjoyed small town
Cons: limited skilled resources to fill vacant positions
The business office was located remotely from hospital. Had to travel to hospital for meetings. Business office staff were harding working and worked well as a team. We improved are A/R aging and cash collection, while maintaining quality customer service. CEO and CFO were contract employees.
Progressive in Marketing / Regressive in Reality
Physical Therapist (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 13, 2012
Pros: unlimited time off
Cons: masking very old school conservative politics
Progressive in Marketing / Regressive in Reality. Management needs work.

About GILA REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER

Gila Regional Medical Center is deeply committed to our county-owned not-for-profit mission to provide health care services to – Read more