Gila River Casinos Employee Reviews

Productive and fun place to work.
Drop Team Member (Former Employee) –  Laveen, AZMarch 29, 2017
The work environment was great. The team members were very friendly and welcoming. Managers talked to you about job advancement. Over all working for this company was okay!
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Short breaks
fun and exciting place to work
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Laveen, AZFebruary 21, 2017
Working for Gila River Casinos was exciting.I met a lot of interesting people and learned a lot of new thing and my supervisor was always on top of things.
Productive professional supportive work place.
PBX Operator/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZNovember 28, 2016
It is a fast-paced, guest-service oriented work place, fun and rewarding. Team members were very dedicated and hard work was recognized and rewarded.
Pros
Lots of rewards and recognition, safety of guests and employees is always a priority
Cons
open 24/7 so most of the time working weekends and holidays
Great work environment and community interaction
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZNovember 10, 2016
Working with Gila River Casinos was great, you get to interact with different departments and supervision is great. Interaction with casino guest is great, your very appreciated by the managers.
Pros
Free lunches, drawings for tickets to sporting events
Cons
Short breaks
Productive fun workplace throughout all departments
Representative (Current Employee) –  Laveen, AZJuly 25, 2016
Working here is nice majority of the employees here are easy going and great people to interact with. Although I do not like the polluted air with cigarette smoke.
Gila River Lower Management of Poker Room
Shift Full Time (Former Employee) –  Laveen, AZJuly 21, 2016
Lower management of poker room had too much chaos going on while customers' needs were ignored. Benefits were valued with 3 week vacation, medical, dental, vision and sick or family leave. Worked full time as Poker Dealer for 18 + years, but felt I was the "alien" in the room. Other employees play too much for my experience in owning a business.
Pros
$2 employee buffet, Benefits
Cons
Seldom had breaks
DMO Position
DMO (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZJune 17, 2016
teamwork development improvement trainings
very enjoyable working environment
nice service and reliable security
Pros
co workers
It was good while it lasted.
Assistant Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZDecember 3, 2015
It has been awhile since I worked there, I used to go back here and there but i do no recognize as many faces as I used to know. I like when I have a chance to visit the casinos but I do no know much about the internal functions anymore.
Good Place to work
Table Games Dealer and Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 24, 2015
Systematic, and static positions throughout the casino industry. Good place to get your feet wet if you're a lower level employee. Hard to advance in management. Payroll is caped on many positions. Health Benefits are great, 401K good too. Casino's are a negative environment for employees due to the nature of the business. Sure there are moments of fun like in any job, but after many years it will grow on your soul.
Hardest part of the job is dealing with children, who are really adults.
Pros
Free food, Benefits, 401K, Vacation
Cons
depending on department, location and management you might be disinterested
My first choice for employment in Arizona!
Poker Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 2, 2015
I worked for this enterprise for 18 years. The pay and benefits are the best in Arizona. I was happy to come to work daily and proud to see the professional growth of the business over the years. Team relationships were respectful and friendly. The smoky, noisy environment was challenging but exciting. I am also proud of the culture of working towards the welfare of the Gila River Indian Community and to the benefit of everyone that lives in Arizona through the revenue produced in this enterprise.
Fun place to work at
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZAugust 9, 2015
I really enjoyed working here I got to know a lot of people and the co workers were friendly as well as the supervisors I would definitely return
Pros
lunches were really cheap
Cons
exposed to 2nd hand smoke all day
housekeeping
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZJuly 2, 2015
Maintained a clean environment for casino patrons; cleaned restrooms, slot machines, bingo hall; wiped down tables, carpet cleaning crew, buffed floors, emptied trash throughout casino, knowledge of cleaning chemicals, maintained great customer service.
Five stars
Cage Cashier (Former Employee) –  Laveen, AZMay 19, 2015
Very fast paced enviroment, learned about financial instruments and how to pay-out casino chips. C0-workers were team orientented and all team players. My job was high volumed, the hardest part was not enough customer to assistant on non-perk times. The most enjoyable was helping my customer while providing excellent customer service and professionalism at all times.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
No Healthcare
A good work environment.
Customer Service Representative/Casino Finance (Former Employee) –  Laveen, AZApril 2, 2015
A typical day at work consisted of getting a bank, counting it, helping guests, and counting my bank at the end of my shift. I learned how to be more outspoken than i have been in previous careers. My management was great for the most part, although our lives had to revolve around the needs of the business,no matter our lives at home. My co-workers were amazing, and everyone did everything they could to helps others if needed. The hardest part of the job was having an extremely unsteady schedule. The most enjoyable was the hundreds of excellent people I met and worked with.
Productive and good place to work. Great health insurance.
Surveillance Assistant Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Chandler, ArizonaFebruary 4, 2015
Worked for 11 years now and it is a great place to work. Great health benefits after working for 90 days. Gotta pay for lunch but it's dollar or 2 for each day you work. Not bad compared to how much you have to for each meal and snack if you have to buy that at a fast food place.
Great guest service experience.
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AzJanuary 9, 2015
Great place to work and an awesome experience with guest services. I learned allot as a Guest Service Agent. The atmosphere is amazing as an employee. Co-Workers are a joy to work with. Only downfall is that there hardly fully staffed at the Front Desk of the hotel. Management are a pleasure working for there very fun and understanding.
Pros
Great atmosphere, The Guests are a pleasure to talk with, Awesome Managment, Great Benefits
Cons
Not enought employees at the front desk to help fill shifts.
audio video can be rewarding and fun
Audio Visual Technician (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZMarch 6, 2014
my day is slow but steady, i learn something new everyday, management is old school, my job is not hard, after the military every job ive held is easy.
Pros
health and pay are great
Cons
no cons
A well diverse place to work
Benefits Administrator (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZMay 14, 2012
At Gila River Casinos, it is a great to place to work and a wonderful atmosphere to meet a well diverse group of people.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gila River Casinos. Our community is ready to answer.

4.6