GILA RIVER INDIAN COMMUNITY

GILA RIVER INDIAN COMMUNITY Employer Reviews

Procurement Director
Procurement Director (Former Employee), Sacaton, AZJune 7, 2014
Cons: extremely long commute
• Responsible for developing policies, procedures, and objectives for the Gila River Indian Community’s centralized purchasing function in accordance with federal, state, and tribal procurement guidelines; and is responsible for overseeing the administration, management, and operation of the Community’s purchasing, receiving, inventory, warehouse, printing, and postal service functions.
• Design, establish and maintain organizational structure and staffing to effectively accomplish the Community’s goals and objectives.
• Recruit, train, supervise, and evaluate department staff.

• Establish and implement short and long term organizational goals, objectives, processes, and operating procedures; monitor and evaluate operational effectiveness; effect changes required for continuous improvement.

• Oversee the overall operations of centralized procurement activity, including purchasing, receiving, inventory, warehousing, printing and postal services.
good work
Recreation Coordinator (Former Employee), Coolidge, AZMarch 20, 2014
Pros: working with good co-workers
Cons: long working hours in recreation department.
great place to work.
learned great customer service skills
management needs improvement
helpful co-workers
the long hours worked
working with good people.
Productive and fun place to work at
Court Clerk (Former Employee), Sacaton, AZFebruary 6, 2014
Pros: holiday and birthday luncheons
Cons: time punching in and out was always a factor
This place was very fun and from the start it seemed hard. Along the line I get use to working under pressure with different types of court cases and also creating court related forms and entering data into their court related software for each case, open of closed.
Training Coordinator (Current Employee), Sacaton, AZFebruary 4, 2014
Very friendly atmosphere, great opportunities, great benefits.
good job good people to work with
Youth Development Specialist II (Former Employee), sacaton , azJanuary 5, 2014
Pros: working 8 hrs a day
Cons: working shift works graveyards
worked in a diverse environment many ideas worked in helping and nurturing children who have been separated from their families.
Dynamic working environment
Senior Gaming Internal Auditor (Current Employee), Chandler, AZOctober 21, 2013
Pros: competitive wages and benefit plan
Cons: opportunity for advancement in my field
We conduct over 50 compliance audits per year to ensure we comply with our Tribal minimum internal control standards and the State Gaming Office. It's challenging turning over these audits as it requires efficient time management skills. I thoroughly enjoy working in this industry and have learned a tremendous amount of the Indian Gaming Industry. One of the most challenging areas our office has experienced is to maintain effective working relationships with the casino management, the regulatory office, and the community council.
Productive enviroment
Maintenance/Laborer (Former Employee), Sacaton, AZMay 21, 2013
Pros: pay and benefits
Cons: workmanship
very good company nice people and community members. always hard working to improve service seeking further results
Job has allowed me to gain growth, knowledge and experience.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Land Use Planning & Zoning Sacaton, AZ.April 9, 2013
This position has allowed me numerous amount of growth in project managing being delegated to oversee the day to day operations of the department. The experience to manage, develop and create processes for the department in regards to records management, inventory management and being a supervisor. I have had the pleasure of supervising a excellent support staff with excellent customer service. Managing the budget year to year and being in charge of all vehicles maintenance and designing a file structure for seven sections within the department. Having the opportunity to gain knowledge in regards to surveys and survey equipment. One the best part of my job was working with a supervisor that had faith and trust in my knowledge and dedication. Gaining knowledge in land acquisitions and creating a incoming/outgoint database with laser fiche scanning that has enhance and organize the tracking of all incoming/outgoing requests and documents. Learning about land uses within Tribal government.
i enjoyed it
Special Youth Development Specialist 1 (Former Employee), Sacaton, AZMarch 27, 2013
Pros: benefits, stability, good pay
Cons: no communicaton
i liked working here i learned alot as a person and also as a parent, they worked with my schedule always received good comments on my work ethic and jugments
Accomodating and friendly.
Accounts Manager (Former Employee), Sacaton, AZMarch 7, 2013
Pros: friendly management, clean accomodations, training and advancement.
Cons: pay needed to be increased to match responsibilities.
Education and training was provided if employee needed it. Understanding in times of personal crisis and needs. Actively supportive of community and residents needs.
Friendly laid back atmosphere.
Accountant - Cultural Resources Management Program (Former Employee), Sacaton, AZJanuary 7, 2013
Pros: i was allowed to work at my own pace.
Cons: 109 miles per day was a long commute.
They recognized my extensive experience and allowed me to work independently with little supervision.
The training program was exciting
ADOT Pre-Apprentice Training Program (Former Employee), Sacaton, AZJune 27, 2012
Pros: the classroom was clean.
Cons: the heat was challenging but that was a hands-on introduction and challenge.
I would rate the program 5 stars
I enjoyed the culture tradition was healthy.
I thought the program was good and the teachers from ADOT
were knowledgeable.
My co-workers were friendly and I was able to work independently.
Accountant - Cultural Resources Management Program (Former Employee), Sacaton, AZApril 26, 2012
Pros: i was well liked and respected.
Cons: i didn't enjoy the 109 mile per day commute.
I made a lot of friends at this job.
It was interesting and I learned a lot about archaeology and they would take us on tours at the digs.
Management respected my work and let me work independently.
I used to joke about being the oldest person in the department and would change the water bottles.
I learned to link spreadsheets together such that inputting employees time and materials used on a job would automatically update the billing invoice.
a place to start to get your first job experience
Computer Technician (Current Employee), Sacaton, AZMarch 15, 2012
Pros: received an abundance of pc tech experience
Cons: favoritism
the job experience i received at this place was alright. granted that i was able to just dive into my job tasks because i knew what i was doing. But initially, i had to learn things from the ground up, sort of speak. i preferred to work alone and my best resource was to ask questions about things i was not sure of.
Great compensation packages
Education (Former Employee), SacatonMarch 8, 2012
Gila River offers it's employees great salaries and benifits.