Gilead Sciences Employee Reviews

Make good products for people in need
Solid Dose packaging operator (Current Employee) –  San Dimas, CADecember 8, 2017
A good place to work and work with others to make life improving and life saving products. Company has fun events for employees. Company is very fair and is really active in taking steps to take care of its employees.
Pros
Benefits are great
Cons
Breaks and lunches to the minute
Corporate Sweat Shop
Clinical Data Management Associate II (Former Employee) –  Foster City, CADecember 1, 2017
Most of my career was working in a start-ups environment so when I started working at Gilead I thought working for large organization would be less stressful but that wasn't the case. The corporate structure was very isolating and interaction with your co-workers was not encouraged.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Stressful work environment, long hours, no support
Gilead is a great place to work
Executive Sales Representative (Orphan Diseases) (Current Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 17, 2017
Smart, mature people at Gilead. Very progressive culture. Gilead has great products and a diverse culture with a nice balance of work/life. The only negative is there isn't much mobility from one product sales force to another.
Pros
Products
Cons
Upward mobility
Hiring FTE’s was a new benefit offered to employees.
Senior Admin Associate (Former Employee) –  Foster City, CANovember 17, 2017
Gilead is an incredibly successful company due to the products that is created for medical diagnosis that have been unmet. However they had historically staffed
mostly with contractors through a temp agency. The support system for the employees were being developed but not in time for my time at Gilead. Disappointing.
Pros
Great products with a positive motivation
Cons
Not employee focused
Not good environment for work
Manufacturing Team Lead (Aseptic Filling) (Former Employee) –  San Dimas, CANovember 16, 2017
Easy to get in and very easy to get fired. Management are not following the cGMP requirements and expecting you to follow it.
The training is sucks. you have only 3 chances to learn the process and if you failed you are out and if you will make mistakes, you wil be out too.
Excellent Comp, Toxic Culture
Associate Director (Former Employee) –  Foster City, CANovember 15, 2017
Gilead is an excellent place to make good money and feel good about your product - helping patients with life-threatening illnesses. However, all else (the culture) is toxic beyond what I can explain in the number of characters allotted here. Go in with eyes wide open and have an exit strategy in place from day 1. Don't plan to stay longer than 1-2 years.
Pros
Compensation & Benefits
Cons
Toxic Culture
Excellent culture and excellent experience
Research Associate 1 (Former Employee) –  Foster City, CANovember 9, 2017
While my time working at Gilead was short I enjoyed working with everyone in my department and whenever I had questions someone would always be willing to answer. I gained plentiful experience will analytical chemistry tools.
Great company but poor management
Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Foster City, CANovember 3, 2017
Great workforce but really stressful and fast-paced. There are various events throughout the year on different areas of interest. The company takes care of its employees.
Good work place
Marketing/Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Foster City, CAOctober 30, 2017
Gilead Sciences was a great place to work. They offered great stock benefits and benefits. Enjoyed working with different types of employees and management.
contract employ
Clinical Project Assistant (CPA) (Current Employee) –  Foster City, CAOctober 24, 2017
contract employ- good work balance and i recommend for other candidates to try and pursue a career at Gilead Sciences. Location is great as well with lake and parks close by

Want to know more about Gilead Sciences?

Ask a question
Bad Culture
Manager (Former Employee) –  Foster City, CAOctober 12, 2017
Bad Culture, not much support from management.
no Change communication, not inclusive culture and does not support employee development. Too much politics.
Great company
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCOctober 4, 2017
The branch in Durham was a great place to work. Very relax with great management. Sadly Gilead decided to close the branch many years ago and many people lost their jobs.
Pros
Great benefits, great management in Durham branch
Cons
They decided to close.
Ranexa
Therapeutic Specialist (Current Employee) –  IndianaOctober 3, 2017
Product will be going generic. there is no opportunity for career advancement or career growth. I am looking for a company like gilead that puts their people first, has strong products and a strong pipeline.
Pros
strong products
Cons
no pipeline
Several Cafe's in different buildings
Sr Administrative Assistant (Contract) (Current Employee) –  Foster City, CAOctober 2, 2017
The people at Gilead are great. The company really includes employees in a lot and gives them swag on a regular basis. However, Contractors are not allowed to participate in many events or give aways.
Pros
Different culture of foods in all the cafeterias
Cons
Some groups are more cut throat than others
Great Place to work
Validation / Compliance Lead (Current Employee) –  Foster City CASeptember 23, 2017
Clean Buildings, relaxed working environment. Lots of activity. Plenty of great places to eat around the various offices. Smart people, need to be an ability to multi-task.
Pros
Fast many project
Cons
not for the light hearted
Quick paced and ever changing direction
Research Scientist I, Analytical Operations (Current Employee) –  Foster City, CASeptember 22, 2017
Management can never seem to get consensus and consistently changes directions. They can never stick to the same decision. With regards to systems people new consistently re-invent the wheel and projects that have been progressing changes again. This often creates double the work with shorten timelines.
Pros
bagels on wednesday
Cons
too much work for the title
A decent place to work
Validation Engineer (Former Employee) –  Foster City, CASeptember 19, 2017
The location of this company is amazing. It is right next to the San Francisco Bay and the weather is always amazing. The workplace is hectic and the work life balance is a bit off. The management staff need a little improvement as well.
Good
Java/J2EE Developer (Current Employee) –  Foster City CASeptember 18, 2017
- It is a good company
- We can grow our technical skills
- Good response from the management
- Friendly nature of the people around in the company
- Some tasks which are hard to handle
Horrendous Assoc Director as mgr
Sr. CTMA - Hematology/Oncology (Former Employee) –  Foster City, CASeptember 7, 2017
I had a horrible experience with my line manager who was a newly minted Assoc Director. She was difficult, vindictive and unfair.
Gilead was unyielding as they refused to transfer me to a new manager. I had to resign and they gave me a payout as compensation.
Pros
Great products
Cons
No culture, not friendly, unorganized
Great place to work! Impeccable job culture. Outstanding campus, just beside San Fransisco bay.
Oracle SOA Fusion Middleware Administrator (Current Employee) –  Foster City, CAAugust 29, 2017
One of the best experiences working with Gilead Sciences. I appreciate the job culture here. Great people to work with. I'll defiantly recommend Gilead Sciences for work.
Pros
Happy hour every Friday :).

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gilead Sciences. Our community is ready to answer.