Gill Industries Employee Reviews

great place to work
Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Richmond, KYJanuary 25, 2017
Great people to work with. Plenty of chances for advancement. They treat everyone with respect and listen to your needs. Great pay with great hours.
Decent
ine Operator (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MI 49525January 20, 2017
The only thing I didn't like is how they treated people who had concerns, they didn't handle it well. Otherwise they are a very good company to work for.
Family Valued Company
APQP / PPAP Quality Engineer / Document Control (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJanuary 12, 2017
A typical work day consisted of communications between peers and colleagues. We discussed daily operations, tasks and team work that focused on making Gill a better place. The hardest part of the job was broken processes in the facilities, however what really won me over was the passion and drive for success and using change in a positive way.
Pros
Supportive staff
Fun place to work, just very unorganized
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Richmond, KYNovember 28, 2016
too may turnovers, and too may management changes. The work environment was great but a new manger getting fired or hired everyday got really confusing because a lot of times you didnt know who to report too
Gill
Machine Operator/Packer (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIOctober 24, 2016
A typical day at Gill involves stretching before work, a couple of breaks besides lunch and very friendly coworkers. The hardest part of the job is to stay busy. There will come sometimes when a machine needs to be worked on and it's easy to get a little lazy. The most enjoyable part of working at Gill is the option you get to work on different machines.
Knowledgeable and Willing
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MISeptember 20, 2016
On an average day, the environment is stale, not a bad stale but like how driving the same car can get boring. On an average day everything runs smoothly with little to no issues needing attention, just the normal routine. But when the time is needed to solve an issue, Gill Industries is always on top of it, from having to work with its multiple locations to serve its customers to as simple as employing a little last minute overtime. The management team is always willing to help someone grow and learn while not shying away from change. In manufacturing change is an inevitable aspect and without embracing it you will surely fail.
Pros
Gym Membership
Cons
Short Breaks
not recommended
Operator (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJuly 14, 2016
GRSS was a great company to work for great management and workers, everyone was generally happy, Gill bought them out and they took all the good the company had and threw it out the window, they lost so many good hard working people. but they did not care they want to run it there way and that's it. we had 2 shifts during week and a weekend shift, some ding dong thought it would be great idea to eliminate weekend shift and add a 3rd shift, says we will have more family time, bull, we still work 6-7 days a week and I see my family less, due to the fact I was forced to go to 3rd, on top of that you don't know if your working the weekend until Thursday every week, so you cant make plans for the weekend until then. if you have questions about anything to HR they never answer it, they beat around the bush or just lie to your face. I learned if you are a hard working individual do not apply at Gill. overall I do not recommend this company to any one.
Pros
are none
Cons
Eerything
not a job would recamend
Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIApril 14, 2016
no supervision lack of quality,nobody is held accountable for there job duties, they over look the people that do not have the experience to do the job
Pros
christmas dinner
Cons
no supervision
Hard working
Senior buyer (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJanuary 4, 2016
Denso was a great company to work for they put you through tons of training and you have to be willing to put in long hours to make sure the work is done.
It is a good starting place for factory work
Line Facilitator (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MINovember 3, 2015
Gill Industries is a very good place to start a job or if you are in between jobs.
Not a good place for advancement for the average factory worker.

Over all it is a decent place to earn a paycheck.
Pros
four day work week
Cons
Not as employee minded as they could be
Productive and very challenging
Production manager/supervisor (Current Employee) –  TrentonOctober 21, 2015
Each day was very challenging due to no production schedule to work by. Create a schedule by using a daily changing sales forecast to do a schedule.
Pros
A greate employee to work with
Cons
like of skill employee in the work area
Fun Place to work
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIAugust 12, 2015
My day will start by turning on machines, getting the machines warmed up, do my quality checks. then starting to run machine.

Ive learned how to put together an headrest for a car.
Interesting Place to Work at
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJune 26, 2015
Gill Industries is a great place to work at, there are many opportunities for advancement. Unfortunately when it comes to the people out on the shop floor there are plenty of promotion, but minimal to no compensation increase. Because of this, most people that gain skills and become valuable end up leaving the company. As a whole there is a lot of potential to contribute and grow as an individual, however the compensation does not reflect the new found skills.
Pros
Company Events, Job Security, Opportunities
Cons
Long hours, Low Compensation, High Turnover
great job if you love to travel
Driver/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAApril 20, 2015
start out the day driving from lafayette to baton rouge pick up few workers set up to clean asbestos from different places learned how to demo worksites management was great and coworkers were great also
Pros
got to travel
Cons
no promotion
Terrible.
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Trenton, GAMarch 31, 2015
Gill Industries will work you overtime Fridays and Saturdays. They'll fire you if you get hurt. And second shift never does their jobs, they use whats left of first shifts parts and then go home early and get paid in full while first shift will work 10 hours a day, from 5am to 3:30pm. The HR workers need to be replaced because they have no clue what they're doing and they jump on a dime to feel like they're needed and will fire people over something another employee says without asking the person they're firing for their side of the story.
Pros
Hour lunch break
Cons
Safety hazards, rate of firing/quitting, they can never keep employees
good work place
Assembly Line, Assistant (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIDecember 16, 2014
i liked working there but, the pay was too litle. i really liked the people i worked with and the hours
My co-workers is the best part of my day
Forklift Driver/Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Richmond, KYNovember 11, 2014
communication between shift could be a lot better management I'm not they just purchased the company from GR Springs. Most of my co-workers are great to get along with, the hardest part of my job is the start of the shift when there are two or three change overs or when we run out of knockdowns or skids. The best part of my job is when I have rough few hours and I look around and it all works out and I don't leave the next shift in a bad way.
Fast Paced. Easy going. Nice people.
Machine Operator/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIOctober 17, 2014
A day at Gill was pretty simple. Unless your machine broke you stood at one machine, with multiple stations that you would rotate from after breaks, and just put the same pieces in over and over. I learned how to quality check parts, and pack them properly in a box. The management wasn't the best, but only because they weren't around to be found when you needed them for over rides on your machine, but other then that it wasn't terrible. The coworkers were fantastic, and they always knew how to make a new person welcome. Training was easy and they always helped when needed. The hardest part of the job was when you had high numbers to make and your machine was passing parts that were bad, or it just wouldn't run all together. The most enjoyable part of working at gill was probably the overtime, on Fridays they would allow you to listen to music as long as it wasn't in a headphone.
Pros
pay. hours. people.
Cons
Attendince policy. Managment.
I would not recomend this company
CNC Dept Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJune 17, 2014
The company is not a trustworthy place to work. I find it hard to say what i learned when the design department was told not to teach me anything. The managers created a dismal view of the company by lying to your face discriminating against you and changing the name of the tool and die plant so they could close it down with out notice. All For the name of profit for the owners. they would hand out anonymous papers to fill out so they would get a opinion of the employees but would only use the positive reviews it came to a point that the employees who had something negative to say about the company did not fill out employee surveys
Cons
Skilled labor was treatted the same as unskilled labor
Nice people and Good hours.
Production Operator (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MichiganApril 8, 2014
Work from 5:30am-4pm
make sure welders are set to go, wait for lead person to tell us what is in the schedule for that day. Co-workers are fun to work with.
When you ask the team leader or supervisor about something you want to take care of they take forever to respond or do anything. When we don't have any quality problems and at the end of the day we provide to our customers with a top quality product.