Gill Staffing Employee Reviews

Productive day
Factory (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJune 8, 2016
A typical day at work , would just be getting the work done . Im a friendly person but i also just like going to work and getting the job done and going home ; Management was decent at this job , Everyday they had me doing something different, between machine op and assembly line.
Pros
nothing
Cons
short breaks
picking and packing orders for Family Christian bookstores warehouse
Temporary Assignments (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMarch 16, 2016
i had a really fun time while i was working at my first thru them and i would have loved to go there again.

i got the hang of it pretty quick . i am a hands on person and once someone shows me a few times on what to do. i learn quickly with hands on jobs.
Pros
not enough pay
Cons
good placements
Various Temp Assignments
Various Temporary Assignments (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MISeptember 21, 2016
My tenure here was short and the various assignments I had were minimally compensated. I did not enjoy working in the various factories they assigned me to.
Fun work place
Shop Employee (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJuly 17, 2016
Great company to work for they make sure the employers and employees are satisfied. every job ive gotten from them was amazing and I would recommend them to anyone in need of a job
Not willing to place workers in job where they would excel
Packing Specialist (Current Employee) –  grand rapids miOctober 10, 2015
Gill staffing places workers only where there are openings with little to no consideration to what the employee would be interested in doing based on resume submitted.
depends
Machine Operator/Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMay 27, 2015
everything depends on where you are placed, sometimes you are placed in a good assignment sometimes you are not one thing i dislike is when you are at a good place they all of a sudden no longer need you even though you were told many times you were going to get hired in that's the major downfall of a temp agency. pay i feel they really could pay more than what they do
Don't do it. YOU DESERVE BETTER.
Litho worker (Former Employee) –  Rockford, MIJune 12, 2015
I wish I had quit sooner. They don't treat you well, there are no benefits and YOU DESERVE SO MUCH BETTER. I did.
Run as fast as you can.
Cons
Low Pay, No benefits, and they will turn their back on you.
Typical day of work
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIApril 29, 2014
Typical day of work for me was to get up a hour or two before work began, making sure I had enough time to get dressed and make it to work at a considerable timing. In which I preformed various of job duties. Ive learned that timing is everything when working a factory job and so is consistency.I didn't really talk much to my exisisting co workers , just made my job a little easy.Hardest part of the job was standing up 8 hours , but I managed very well, and last but not least my favorite part of the job was my lunch break.
Pros
broad communication, lunch
Cons
8 hours on foot, rude co workers
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Kentwood, MISeptember 7, 2012
Handle customer inquiries, complaints, billing questions and payment extensions/service requests. Calm angry callers, repair trust, locate resources for problem resolution and design best-option solutions.
• Checked to ensure that appropriate changes were made to resolve customers’ problems.
• Resolved customers service and billing complaints by performing activities such as exchanging merchandise, refunding money, and adjusting bills.
• Helped company attain the highest service ratings in all categories including communication skills, listening skills, problem resolution and politeness.
Not fun, crowded
Light assembly (Former Employee) –  Kentwood, MIJuly 3, 2012
Typical day at work would be standing at one station packing protein bars in boxes. I learned how to cope with harsh environments. Management was pretty strict, which I liked. My co-workers weren't too talkative but really focused when working. Hardest part of the job would be working in the summer in the hot environment. Most enjoyable part of the job was tasting bars before stores received them.
Pros
bar tasting
Cons
hot enviroment
Great Jobs
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJune 10, 2015
Gill employed me at Ranir Dental. Where I learned alot of skills. Data entry, keeping a job log, keeping my machine running at a high level.
Pros
Great Co-Workers, Location, Good pay
Cons
3rd shift
Operate or tend machines to prepare industrial or consumer products for storage or shipment.
Extruder (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJune 25, 2012
Sort, grade, weigh, and inspect products, verifying and adjusting product weight or measurement to meet specifications.
Observe machine operations to ensure quality and conformity of filled or packaged products to standards.
Monitor the production line, watching for problems such as pile-ups, jams, or glue that isn't sticking properly.
Attach identification labels to finished packaged items, or cut stencils and stencil information on containers, such as lot numbers or shipping destinations.
Stock and sort product for packaging or filling machine operation, and replenish packaging supplies, such as wrapping paper, plastic sheet, boxes, cartons, glue, ink, or labels.
Pros
the people were nice.
Cons
it's was hot.
Production
Production (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJuly 22, 2013
One night i was at work, the manager i was working with will leave for a long time and all the co-workers had to finished the work alone. What i like about the job i enjoy being there with my friends and the hardest thing about the job is i was operateing a machine and over five or six people and wasnt getting paid for it.
Pros
good people
Cons
some places they send you is bad.
fun, fast pace and always a learning experance
light industral (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJuly 23, 2012
My experance with the temp service was enjoyable because everytime i came in there was a differnet job to do or learn. My coworkers always made it eassy to fit in and learn what was what. The management would explain things so it was eassy to understand and they were always willing to help you when needed.
Gill is not a bad employer
Shipping Clerk (Former Employee) –  Grandville, MIFebruary 22, 2015
I went through gill staffing and ended up with a awful company. which isn't really gills fault. they are just a staffing agency. on their end everything was fine. they were very professional.
Pros
quick to find a job
Cons
poor benefits
Great company
Assembly Line/ Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMay 23, 2013
I worked for the most time at Elan and I liked it there. I advanced in a month and a half from general production to a machine operator, which also came with a 2 dollar an hour raise.

We worked 12 hour shift and the time was well spent, and we were always learning and doing something even when the lines were down.
Temp Agency
warehouse worker (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIFebruary 28, 2015
There a Temp agency, and did there job most thoroughly. i worked for a couple of different jobs for them.
The hardest part of the day is right after lunch when your stomach is full. Is learning new things and meeting new people
Gills staffing are always placing people to work
SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIOctober 9, 2013
Gill staffing is a very good staffing agency who at any time you call them for job they will find you something to do
Pros
if you are a hard worker, you can be easily hired where gill place you
Cons
the only thing about them is they only offer temp assignment
management illogical
Manufacturing Associate (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJanuary 9, 2015
management .If your, you are a service more than so that it can not be said ,That we have keep these persons working why are the Temp. All ways the last one to be on the pay roll?
Pros
can that be
Cons
yes or no
great experience great job
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIFebruary 20, 2014
Job was great it was easy work at a fast pace . They made every location work with the workers. Co workers were hard working men and women .
Pros
close to where i stayed good job great co workers
Cons
no benefits dead end job no promotions just temporary

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gill Staffing. Our community is ready to answer.