Gillette Children's Specialty Healthcare Employee Reviews

Student Intern
Physical Therapy Student Intern (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJanuary 16, 2017
Great opportunity to experience physical therapy in the inpatient and outpatient care setting. Wide variety of treating patients in inpatient, outpatient, and intensive care unit settings. Interprofessional experience working with multiple domains for the care of a patient.
Physician Administrative Assistant
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  St. Paul, MNJanuary 15, 2017
Poor management and terrible communication. Management and HR are not honest with employees about the changes coming and will say as little as possible and back peddle should anyone question anything. Compensation is below the area average for other hospitals. The company loves to talk about career advancement possibilities, but the truth is there is nowhere to grow. Think twice before applying and/or accepting a position here.
Pros
Flexibility, good care, good physicians
Cons
Poor management, poor compensation, employees are not appreciated.
Chaotic environment
Patient Access (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJanuary 3, 2017
My understanding is that they have recently had some significant changes as an organization. While the facility is very nice and clean, on an administrative level things seemed disorganized.

The department I was assigned to was severely understaffed with no set guidelines for my position. The workers seemed very stressed and strained. There was also some hostility between departments due to misunderstandings. Communication between departments did not seem to be regulated. Also, I basically felt like I was plopped into my job and then the supervisor seemed to forget about me or was too busy to check in.

It sounded like a great job on paper but in reality there was a lack of basic organization. Hopefully they'll be able to improve this.
Pros
Nice facility, great mission
Cons
The department was very disorganized and understaffed, little to no supervision or guidance
Gillette's mission makes working here easy.
Appointment Coordinator I (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNNovember 10, 2016
Greeting patients in a warm welcoming atmosphere. Going through demographics completely, retaining insurance information and checking to make sure it is currently active. Resolving issues front line. Directing people to locations in the hospital where they will be seen. Everyday is a learning experience and seeing the children make strides is the best part of the job!
Pros
Seeing and supporting the needs of children daily. They make the job 100% worth it!
Cons
No breaks-only 30 minute unpaid lunch
Fast Past Exciting Work Environment
Patient Access Specialist (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNOctober 6, 2016
Gillette is an amazing company with patient based core values. They are under a lot of transitions right now making for a somewhat complicated and stressful workplace.

Comment – October 9, 2016

Good luck with this demanding schedule. I did it for 8 years. Management needs work and because of the massive amount of changes in the last 3 years the department is completely fractured and dysfunctional.

Consider doing your research before accepting a job
I dont know anymore (Current Employee) –  MinnesotaSeptember 2, 2016
I do not think this is a good company to work for I think that everyone is out for self. I do not think they value there employees and you are just another number . They do a excellent job of painting a exceptional picture of what things will be but fail to deliver when it is time to do what they said they will do .
Pros
There arent any
Cons
The staff are not welcoming
Good close knit organization
Safety and Emergency Management Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNAugust 17, 2016
Opportunity for advancement was difficult because of the size of the organization. Great people work here and you really feel like you are part of something big when you are part of this organization.
Good customer service, busy and productive
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  200 University Avenue East, St Paul, MinnesotaMay 10, 2016
I do a lot of report running and cleaning providers errors in the computer system we have. Assist providers in 7 hospital locations along with the department supervisors. I build power points and calendars for the departments. I set up meeting when requested. I also am involved in system changes, and training.
Management her at Gillette is good and organized. I have wonderful co-workers and we work well together.
The hardest part of my job is leaving, I am a very organized and a busy person. I love to complete task and be done with them same day.
I love seeing the children and adults at work. Being here for over 20 years I have seen and met a lot of special people.
Pros
Free Parking
HR Recruiting Coordinator (Current Employee) –  St. Paul Park, MNApril 26, 2016
Great work life balance
Work with candidates
Schedule and conduct interviews
Check references
Responsible for all on boarding of all employees
Gillette was a very nice place to work, most of the people I worked with were like family.
Physician/Medical Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNApril 20, 2016
reviewing doctors calendars. checking schedules to insure that patients were scheduled at the correct times and for the correct amount on time needed for their appointment.
I learned a lot about childhood diseases that I never knew existed.
My co-workers were like family.
Finding out that one of the patients had passed.
The most satisfying and enjoyable part of my job was hearing from the doctors or nursing staff or even the family of one of the patients that they had the smoothest clinic day ever. Which means I did my job the best.
Pros
bonus once a year. recognition every year. flexibility
Cons
Work was never done. no time for breaks.
Highly complex specialty medical care
Manager of Patient Accounting (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNAugust 18, 2015
Highly skilled medical care provided to children and adults with complex medical conditions. Compassionate care with a patient focus in mind.
Pros
Excellent medical care
Cons
Organization struggles with change in the administrative areas. Behind the times.
Provides the highest level of patient care in a respectful, inclusive, family focused environment.
Licensed Psychologist (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNOctober 28, 2014
A challenging but highly rewarding career experience. An amazing team of professionals working together to provide excellent care to their patients.
A typical day at work
Patient Appointment Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNMarch 26, 2014
I enjoyed learning new processes. Overall, it was a very warm environment.
Great Work Environment
Medical Paperwork Clerk (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNDecember 18, 2013
Working for Gillette Children's Specialty Healthcare Clinic was very good. I enjoyed processing all paperwork needed for Dr.'s and Nurses appointments in the clinic. The atmosphere was completely professional with work activity and communication. I was no longer able to work there due to technology advancement eliminating paper files for patients.
Poor Management, Very Poor HR Staff,
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  St Paul MinnOctober 19, 2013
I work at Gillette Children Specialty Heathcare
I seen alot of Bad Managment Staff at Gillette went to the HR Staff
about a few issues, and They seen the same issues but there hands tie up with upper Management,
the only enjoyment each day talking to the Kids
Employment Experience
Medical Paperwork Clerk (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNOctober 14, 2013
I was a great employee and ended out becoming laid off due to medical technology advancement.
Interesting place to be
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJanuary 24, 2013
There really is no "typical" day. Each day has different tasks and involves different people. I have learned how to work as a team and jump in when help is needed. I have also learned what I am looking for at the next company as I have struggled with communicating with a part time supervisor. The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting and building a relationship with the patients.
Good benefits, Flexible work schedule and provide yearly training opportunities..
Developer (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNNovember 29, 2011
I enjoy working and learning to skills at Gillette. They offer good benefits and competitive pay.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gillette Children's Specialty Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

Gillette Children's Specialty Healthcare Reviews by Location