Gillette Employee Reviews

productive
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Andover, MAMarch 6, 2017
a typical day at work was long and stressful i was younger then so i couldn't complain with the pay, it was pretty good at that time and management was pretty good
Outstanding
Administrative Support Accounts payable (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 11, 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job I would have to say were the management staff I worked with. I liked my boss as he was witty and fun to work with and most of the staff had a laid-back pleasantness.
Great
Machine Operator/Assembler (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 3, 2017
Great work place......flexible hours.........alot of overtime it willing to work......great staff.......safe healthy and easy environment...can make a career of u choose to
Packing
Packing (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 2, 2017
Hight attention to details. Project management, quality control. Accurately filled orders, prepared, wrapped, weight and loaded items for shipping according to packing slips.
Great place to make a carrer
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 10, 2016
Gillete is a great place to work . when it comes to compensation the work enviorment overall great place to work , everyone treats you like family and the benefits are awesome
Pros
Compensation
Cons
mostly temp work
N/a
Security Group Leader / Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 5, 2016
Patrol and protect The Gillette Manufacturing Facility in South Boston Ma via CCTV, Foot patrols, vehicle patrols, access control, ID Badge processing, Monitor fire alarm systems, door alarm systems, initial point of contact with The Boston Police Department, Boston Fire Department and Boston EMS Medical Personnel.
Pros
Lunch breaks were long, regular breaks, good pay
Gillette
Period Manufacturing Expense Accountant (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAJune 22, 2016
The Gillette CO. a very good placed to work with good benefits and also because it was my first job as accountant. I start my career as a Accounts Payable assistant, then I get promoted to Cost analyst, I learned a lot because all my co-workers were very professionals.
excellent place to work
Machine Operator - Chemical Mixer (Former Employee) –  andover massJune 15, 2016
always enjoyed working for this company great benefits people and management were very good to the empoyees
They do work you can be proud of
Crew Member, Landscape and Tree Service (Former Employee) –  Muncie, INJanuary 4, 2016
Loved working here. Great guys. The work can be hard at times. Steady hours and reasonable pay. Good equipment and talented Climbers.
Fun Place to work
Executive Assistant to Vice President Marketing (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 19, 2015
The people are extremely friendly, even when they are swamped with work. Managers always take the time to talk with you.
Fun and busy.
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 24, 2015
During the morning I would receive my work assignment from a colleague and either work on leach rates of lubricating strips, studies where I would compare used razor strips, or sieve amounts of the powder component of the lubricating strip of Gillette razors. Once a year I would conduct a chemical inventory and I would also do viscosity testing of the gelled powder component of the strip.
Pros
Good benefits.
Cons
Not always the most exciting work.
Stable company with good benefits
Executive Secretary/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 3, 2015
Excellent place to start your career and gain experience. Great opportunity to gain hands on experience in many different areas of the plant. Unstable work environment for long term employees.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Frequent restructuring
Great
Financial Accountant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 30, 2015
I thoroughly enjoy working for a company that with such good people. I would definitely recommend to others, especially if you live in the Cincinnati area.
Excellent company to work for.
Tape Librarian, Disaster Recovery Specialist (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 13, 2015
Excellent company to work for positive environment .
Excellent benefits, family atmosphere.
productive and fun place to work
Chemical Mixer (Former Employee) –  30 Burt Rd Andover MaDecember 17, 2014
Very proactive and family oriented company. they try to make everyone succeed. Always time to coach and help out anyone and management was very approachable
Pros
free coffee, lunches, snacks
Worked in a small organization with a skeleton crew but we always pitched in to get everything done with levity!!
Training and Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  South Boston, MANovember 2, 2014
When I worked in the training department for Gillette, it was one of the best jobs I had in the company. I had two other previous jobs and those could not compare to this one. My boss gave me complete independance and allowed me to work and lead on a variety of projects that were above my paygrade. Because of this I was exposed to all kinds of employees from high level managers to machine operators. I loved interacting and meeting all kinds of different people. Because the training department did not have a lot of support, I had to learn to every aspect of training and teaching. I learned to manage my time, organize what was important and learn how to deal with employees emotions and feelings in a private and respectful manner. I dealt with a lot of private and confidential material that had to be handled with care and respect. I think the hardest part of the job was finding time to go home! It was an 80 hour job and you never felt like you were finished. There was always something that could be worked on. I loved this job so much that I volunteered extra time at the Notre Dame Academy in South Boston to help ESL students and women who needed help in completing GED.
Pros
Exceptional manager and leader, great benefits and working environment.
Cons
Not enough time to get job done, the commute.
SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Chagrin, OHOctober 12, 2014
Enjoyed working with others continuously. Thrived to meet goals and make sure product is stocked.
same as procter and gamble
Category Master Data Coordinator (Former Employee) –  South Boston, MAOctober 6, 2014
This company is the same as Procter and Gamble. Please see the other review. The companies are one in the same.
Pros
Wonderful place to work
Cons
current position has no advancement opportunities
Gillette - With such market dominance they can afford to be not too sharp.
Engineer (Former Employee) –  boston, maJune 10, 2014
It feels like the company is run by a big computer. Continuous reductions in head count to reduce cost.
Project Manager - Duracell (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 30, 2014
Lots of opportunities with Gillette. I was able to grow with them. Worked on many of their portfolio of products.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gillette. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4