Gillette Employee Reviews

Worked in a small organization with a skeleton crew but we always pitched in to get everything done with levity!!
Training and Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  South Boston, MANovember 2, 2014
When I worked in the training department for Gillette, it was one of the best jobs I had in the company. I had two other previous jobs and those could not compare to this one. My boss gave me complete independance and allowed me to work and lead on a variety of projects that were above my paygrade. Because of this I was exposed to all kinds of employees from high level managers to machine operators. I loved interacting and meeting all kinds of different people. Because the training department did not have a lot of support, I had to learn to every aspect of training and teaching. I learned to manage my time, organize what was important and learn how to deal with employees emotions and feelings in a private and respectful manner. I dealt with a lot of private and confidential material that had to be handled with care and respect. I think the hardest part of the job was finding time to go home! It was an 80 hour job and you never felt like you were finished. There was always something that could be worked on. I loved this job so much that I volunteered extra time at the Notre Dame Academy in South Boston to help ESL students and women who needed help in completing GED.
Pros
exceptional manager and leader, great benefits and working environment.
Cons
not enough time to get job done, the commute.
Interactive, friendly environment
Product Research and Testing Executive (Current Employee) –  Reading, PAJanuary 30, 2014
My working hours are 7am to 3pm every day so you have to be a morning person! The shave test panel comes in every day between 7.15 & 9.30, so it's a very interactive start to the day. During this time, I will be analysing data or prepearing the paperwork for a following test. Once the panellists have been in & set up for the next day is complete, I return to my desk & continue with my work. I have regualar meetings with the test requestors, so that all their criteria is met during testing. It is my job to liase with all departments to ensure products are produced & released on time. I have a great manager, who is very approachable & my co-workers are all fantastic. The most difficult thing about the job that I have found, is the uncertain workload. I like to be busy all the time but if tests get delayed, I sometimes find myslef at a loss for things to do. The most enjoyable part of my role is being able to interact & learn from so many other colleagues in different departments.
Pros
free gym onsite
Cons
no health cover or other benefits, as only contracting
5 day work week plus overtime
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 13, 2013
Started: Order and Billing Dept. sorting invoices by District. Promotion to Freight Claims Dept. Filing claims against trucking companies for shortages and proof of deliveries. Promotion to Claim adjustments, resolving claims via invoice and credit offsetting through A/R. Promotion to Promotional Payments Dept.; entering contracts between customer and our sales reps. by District and Territory which intern cuts checks for the customer. Promotion to Customer Service of Paper mate Div. entering orders for Sales Reps.
Promoted to Group Leader of Promotional Payments; compiling weakly, monthly status reports of correspondents and the Districts of all of Gillette's products: Personal Care, Safety Razor, Paper mate Divisions.
Pros
lunch on the 52nd floor provided by the sheriton hotel.
Cons
had to quit smoking in the office.
The Gillette Company
National Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OhioDecember 10, 2013
A Fortune 500 Company that was purchased by Proctor & Gamble, thereby decimating the Gillette Sales Team. I found Gillette to be truly a Team Oriented organization, focused on continuous training for all levels of the company. Awards were given to our Training Department for their detailed training programs for Vice Presidents on down to the entry level positions with the company.
Pros
experienced a variety of responsibilites during my tenure.
Cons
was sold to protor & gamble
Fun and busy.
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 24, 2015
During the morning I would receive my work assignment from a colleague and either work on leach rates of lubricating strips, studies where I would compare used razor strips, or sieve amounts of the powder component of the lubricating strip of Gillette razors. Once a year I would conduct a chemical inventory and I would also do viscosity testing of the gelled powder component of the strip.
Pros
Good benefits.
Cons
Not always the most exciting work.
Excellent Company
Western Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Murrietta, CAOctober 25, 2013
Oversaw all sales and marketing functions for the four major divisions of the Gillette Company and Special Markets Division, including channel/market development, field sales development/training, broker/ distributor management, budget responsibility, development of regional/HQ accounts, category management, supply side management, and promotional spending.
Always changing, never boring.
Injection Molding Pilot Plant Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston MaAugust 2, 2012
Running the pilot plant I was able to exercise my creativity when preforming my work in injection molding. All the new and different resins I was able to experiment with was awesome.
Pros
flex time, pay, working atmosphere.
Cons
careful of what management says then what they actually do.
Great people to work with
Machine Operator (Stock Clerk) Andover (Former Employee) –  Andover, MAOctober 23, 2013
Smooth Operation and able to move up easy. Management tries to get you what you need. All are friendly, enthusiastic and skilled. Most checks are required every half hour. Sense of accomplishment.
benefits
Cons
procter & gamble bought it and had to shut us down moved work to mexico.
Productive and fun workplace
MATERIAL HANDLER (Former Employee) –  South Boston, MAAugust 16, 2012
It fits my schedule perfectly as I have switch shifts with my fiance to care for our children...the workplace is a very friendly environment, the supervisor and coworkers are fair and great to work with...
Pros
merits for your good work, free lunches etc
Cons
heathcare
Stable company with good benefits
Executive Secretary/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 3, 2015
Excellent place to start your career and gain experience. Great opportunity to gain hands on experience in many different areas of the plant. Unstable work environment for long term employees.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
frequent restructuring
Great people interaction
Production Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 1, 2013
Go into a workplace with skilled professionals,i fixed high speed production machinery,worked closely with engineering to solve complex problens
Pros
great benefits
Cons
the commute was over a hour each way
same as procter and gamble
Category Master Data Coordinator (Former Employee) –  South Boston, MAOctober 6, 2014
This company is the same as Procter and Gamble. Please see the other review. The companies are one in the same.
Pros
wonderful place to work
Cons
current position has no advancement opportunities
productive and fun place to work
Chemical Mixer (Former Employee) –  30 Burt Rd Andover MaDecember 17, 2014
Very proactive and family oriented company. they try to make everyone succeed. Always time to coach and help out anyone and management was very approachable
Pros
free coffee, lunches, snacks
Great company. Great management, training, products. Loved it
Gillette Key Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDSeptember 25, 2012
Great company. They took care of their employees, had good training and good benefits. Just too bad it couldn't last, as they were purchased by P&G.
Great Job
Records and Information Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 30, 2012
Handling day to day records and information for the Secretary of the Board of Directors. Typing Meeting minutes, setting up the board room.
Pros
great place to work
Cons
not much advancement
Gillette-Gone But Never Forgotten
Executive Assistant - Marketing (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 26, 2012
Gillette was an excellent Company to work for but it is now owned by P&G. Nothing left to say really.
Pros
cared about their employees
Cons
sold out!
Excellent Company work for
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 14, 2012
Professional, great employers, good salary. This is a fortune 500 company... excellent benefits and salary.
Pros
free glasses, free tax service
Cons
no cons
Financial Analyst
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Santurce, PROctober 24, 2012
Help with the daily, weekly and monthly tasks such as inventory database maintenance and accounting reason-ability of the financial information
Fun Place to work
Executive Assistant to Vice President Marketing (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 19, 2015
The people are extremely friendly, even when they are swamped with work. Managers always take the time to talk with you.
Great
Financial Accountant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 30, 2015
I thoroughly enjoy working for a company that with such good people. I would definitely recommend to others, especially if you live in the Cincinnati area.

4.3