Gilman & Ciocia Employee Reviews

I loved my working environment.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lake Success, NYSeptember 24, 2014
GilmanCiocia was a "well oiled machine". I liked the freedom of working there and the new skills I learned . I learned Quick Books and Annuities. The hardest part of the job was finding one of the employees who would often get lost in the field from delivering a client's file personally. The most enjoyable part of the job was the day to day office jokes and seeing the success of the officers with the clients.
Pros
holiday parties
Cons
backstabbing office managers
Could only advance so far, or I would have had to fire CEO my boss.
Executive Vice President of Sales and Marketing (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton Fl.June 30, 2012
Recruting all markets, whether through aquisition, or partnerships.
Hiring most executives. Training them, and supporting CEO from an operations standpoint.

The hardest part of Job was we had limited capital, but can not say it was terrible we just worked harder then everyone else. The most enjoyable part of job was hiring professionals from other firms and seeing them double thier incomes. My office was number 2 in the company in our second year, we only had 8 producers. The number one branch had 40 producers.

He who has recruits the best human capital and creates the best team, and invests in training them wins the game.
Pros
the best group ever
Cons
compensation limitations
A typical office
Brokers assistant / secretary (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYJuly 29, 2012
They are middle of the road in terms of tax preperation of financial planning. Ok to work for but realize what your getting into. The management was ok with lots of tools for your to utilize but really only for self driven people. Make sure you can stay motivated working by yourself.
Pros
you can make more the more business you attract.
Cons
long hours during tax season.
Struggling firm with shaky financials
Regional Compliance Officer (Former Employee) –  Boynton Beach and Boca Raton, FLFebruary 28, 2012
Populated with many fine people at middle management and lower levels. Top Management cited by SEC for compliance breaches. Generally try to do a good job. High incidence of nepotism at senior levels.
Pros
excellent marketing model, regarding customer acquisitions, knowledgeable advisors
Cons
rampant nepotism.
Good work environment, Learning experience
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYDecember 20, 2013
Data entry positiion, work was fair, the staff and management was excellent.
Pros
great hours, some weekends required
Cons
office was too quiet
Stressful
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYDecember 31, 2012
only temp position, very demanding, needed to be closer to home

2.9