Gilman & Ciocia

Gilman & Ciocia Employer Reviews

Stressful
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Poughkeepsie, NYDecember 31, 2012
only temp position, very demanding, needed to be closer to home
A typical office
Brokers assistant / secretary (Former Employee), Poughkeepsie, NYJuly 29, 2012
Pros: you can make more the more business you attract.
Cons: long hours during tax season.
They are middle of the road in terms of tax preperation of financial planning. Ok to work for but realize what your getting into. The management was ok with lots of tools for your to utilize but really only for self driven people. Make sure you can stay motivated working by yourself.
Could only advance so far, or I would have had to fire CEO my boss.
Executive Vice President of Sales and Marketing (Former Employee), Boca Raton Fl.June 30, 2012
Pros: the best group ever
Cons: compensation limitations
Recruting all markets, whether through aquisition, or partnerships.
Hiring most executives. Training them, and supporting CEO from an operations standpoint.

The hardest part of Job was we had limited capital, but can not say it was terrible we just worked harder then everyone else. The most enjoyable part of job was hiring professionals from other – more... firms and seeing them double thier incomes. My office was number 2 in the company in our second year, we only had 8 producers. The number one branch had 40 producers.

He who has recruits the best human capital and creates the best team, and invests in training them wins the game. – less
Struggling firm with shaky financials
Regional Compliance Officer (Former Employee), Boynton Beach and Boca Raton, FLFebruary 28, 2012
Pros: excellent marketing model, regarding customer acquisitions, knowledgeable advisors
Cons: rampant nepotism.
Populated with many fine people at middle management and lower levels. Top Management cited by SEC for compliance breaches. Generally try to do a good job. High incidence of nepotism at senior levels.