Gilmour Academy Employee Reviews

If you're comfortable with instability...
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Gates Mills, OHAugust 14, 2017
In the years I worked there, we had four administrator turnovers in the lower school, three in the upper and middle and one new head of school. One annual performance review. The business office is like a revolving door (no one stays. Employees quake to enter that office.) Top down culture. Very cliquey political conservative culture, no diversity. Curriculum is traditional Catholic, but the class sizes are much smaller (hence the price tag.) Small class sizes, decent technology and pleasant physical environment. I wouldn't put my kid there (which cost me my job.)
Pros
Free lunches, schedule that works if you have school-aged children, small class sizes, pleasant physical grounds
Cons
unstable administration, lack of communication, declining enrollment, lack of trust between teaching staff and administrators
Great Environment, Shaky new Management
Digital and Visual Communications Officer (Current Employee) –  Gates Mills, OHOctober 11, 2016
After the head of School of 35 years resigned, radical changes were made across the board. The new Head of School was so unpopular that many resigned. Some stuck with it including myself, but the school is moving in a direction that I no longer want to follow.
Pros
Great campus, nice people
Cons
low pay, newly hired people unqualified, a lot of finger pointing when things dont go according to plan
enjoyable environment
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Gates Mills, OHJuly 6, 2016
A typical day would consist of greeting my coworkers with a morning swim before the pool would open. Once the day starts, I would sit up in the stand and survey the pool and the pool deck. After a solid summer, I have learned to be responsible of people around and in the pool at all times enforcing safety.
Gilmour Academy
Mission Trip Leader (Current Employee) –  Teguiciagulpa HondurasApril 16, 2015
Being able to volunteer with this group was a pleasure. A typical day would include waking up the kids and the adults bringing them to the work site so that they can help build houses for the new orphans. Another typical day would be going to the clinic to help translate for the doctors. These doctors included, pediatricians, dentists, delivery doctors.
Pros
3 meals a day, free housing, ability to work on spanish
Cons
far away from home
A live-in work enviroment.
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Gates Mills, OHApril 2, 2015
A good place to work. Most everyone who works here is good natured and friendly. The pay could be better, however I enjoy what I do and there seems to be plenty of opportunities for advancement.
It's okay.
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Gates Mills, OHFebruary 3, 2015
Fun to work here, people are great and interactive.
You will learn a lot from your peers.
Management can be better.
Hardest part of the job is lack of resources available.
Most enjoyable is being able to work with everyone and achieve the mission you're set out to do in your career.
A great working environment
Assistant Prep Hockey Coach (Current Employee) –  Gates Mills, OHMarch 27, 2014
I enjoy going to the ice rink every day to work with my players. They are always a treat to work with. It is quite rewarding to see them succeed and take what I've taught them during practice and showcase their skills during games.
Pros
Free lunches
Productive and fun work place
Assistant Chef (Current Employee) –  gates mills, ohioSeptember 3, 2013
Start early end late.
I learned technics from other chefs.
My co-workers made it an enjoyable experience.
Hardest part of the day was the lunch rush.
Most enjoyable part of the day was eating lunch together as a team, and cooking the food.
Pros
free lunch & great co-workers
Cons
limited hours & seasonal
Productive, great learning environment
Customer Service Representative, Part-time (Current Employee) –  Gates Mills, OHJune 21, 2013
Productive, and great learning environment. Employees work very well together. A typical day at work involves a lot of interaction with students and customers.