GILT GROUPE

GILT GROUPE United States Employee Reviews

Great enviorment and great people
Tech (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 11, 2015
There are some really bright people in the company. Direction is a bit lost currently due to market. There has been a lot of turn over recently but unfortunately the back fill of lost employees has been low.
Great Learning environment!
Staff Accountant (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 27, 2015
You work like a dog here but if you are just starting out it is a great environment to learn. When you are moving on from this company you will be ready to take on anything.
Productive and Goal Oriented Work Place.
Production Manager (Former Employee), Shepherdsville, KYJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: an honest days pay for an honest days work.
Cons: healthcare was too pricey for what kind of coverage you received (especially family coverage)
I was responsible for daily operations in the outbound department. I would supervise 40+ associates as well as 2 supervisors.

I set production goals daily based on cost.

I enjoyed my team and the efforts they provided on a daily basis. I take great pride in having the opportunity to be their manager and getting to know each one individually.

Hardest part of the job having to release associates from assignments when hardships arose in their life and out of their control.

The most enjoyable part of my job was again my team. We set and maintained the record for most units packed and shipped through a peak season at 50,000 Units on Black Friday 2013.
Productive workplace with amazing people.
Photographer (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYNovember 24, 2014
Pros: free lunches, 4 day work week
Cons: short breaks, no 401k contribution
My co-workers are amazing talented individuals. I've learned a lot from my superiors and colleagues.
Once a web start up now a mass corporation
Merchandise Product Coordinator (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 24, 2014
Pros: relatively relax office demeanors
Cons: intense work loads, poor communication, and at times rampant unprofessionalism
Work load is very intense yet compensation is sub-par to average. Meanwhile middle management is highly unorganized and tipid.
One of the best companies to work for.
AP Supervisor (Current Employee), 2 Park Ave., NYMay 14, 2014
Pros: employee friendly environment
Cons: jobs transferred to foreign country
The culture at Gilt Groupe is very exciting ... I have never worked at any place as exciting as Gilt.

It is one of the most employee friendly environment.

My co-workers/colleagues were the best.

The hardest part of the job is being unable to complete a goal and on the fun side missing the company engagements

Accomplishing ones goal is the most enjoyable part of the job and employee entertainment/events and volunteering at the warehouse sale.
Sales Curator for Gilt City Miami
Curator (Former Employee), Miami, FLJanuary 31, 2014
Helped launch and develop the Gilt City platform in Miami. While at this position, I was involved in the selection, negotiation and on-boarding of various local luxury retailers on the Gilt City database. I was also responsible for quarterly revenue and creative goals, which were consistently exceeded.
Good company
Analyst (Temporary Project) (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 27, 2014
kitchen full of food
summer fridays
nice location
good hours
Great work place and culture
Studio Product Coordinator (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYDecember 10, 2013
Great company and work place. I respect the culture and the people. A very diverse company.
Customer Support Associate (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYNovember 28, 2013
Great place to work, amazing co-workers, supportive management team. I felt very encouraged to stay and grow with the company. Also, lots of fun job perks - they want to make your life as comfortable as possible.
Nice place to work!
Operations (Current Employee), LouisvilleJuly 8, 2013
I really like working for GILT, they are a fast paced company that's going places! Excellent pay and benefits!
Grat Place to work
CRM-Noir Specialist-Personal Shopper (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 12, 2013
Pros: top notch merchandise, always trying new things, fast pace, high visibility, perks, great benefits, great people
Cons: poor management, weak compensation
The Culture at Gilt Groupe is one of the most inspiring and creative environments an individual can grow, learn and work in. I learned the very complicated execution of daily flash sales and the importance of recognizing a product's life cycle once introduced to the e commerce market place. I had the pleasure of working with some of the most innovative and culturally intelligent people on the planet. Unfortunately, because the company is so new there is always an arc of trial and error and not having past metrics to evaluate so that good decisions are made, I found people placed in management positions would often come to naught because of lack of experience in specific areas. However, I loved the fact that everyday was a new path on the journey to perfection.
Young hip office
Customer Support (Current Employee), Portland, ORApril 30, 2012
I enjoy my part time job with the Gilt Groupe. It's fun, hip and relaxed. It's the kind of office environment I am looking for in a full time position.
Creative, productive WorkPlace
Editorial Intern (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 17, 2012
Pros: discount, office gatherings, fun creative people
I had an amazing internship experience with the Gilt Groupe! My time there was hands on and very informative. It is important to GG that their employees are familiar with all facets of the company. I had the opportunity to learn about the many different departments with regular interactions. Great place to work!