GILT GROUPE Employee Reviews

Flexible around school but not a lot of human interaction.
Picker (Current Employee) –  Shepherdsville, KYJanuary 14, 2017
Gilt was very flexible with my school and dance schedule but I'm a people person and I don't get a lot of that here, but other than that I really enjoy working at Gilt.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Human interaction
Nasty nasty filthy and stinks to high heaven
Packer/Shipper (Former Employee) –  Brooks, KYJanuary 1, 2017
This place is terrible and sooooo dirty everytime u walk in the building it smells like feet and tuna lol wow have they ever heard of lysol and maybe a mop maybe a broom while your at it the management is terrible bad working conditions they dont care about your welfare lol its a joke they think they are so important geezz sooi lol sad the benefits and pay are lousy no one there will bathe u cant get any time off ever better off just calling in
Pros
Nothing at all this place is terrible
Cons
Nasty no time off it stinks lousy benefits and pay and yeah it stinks
Gilt Groupe fosters creativity
Lead Corporate Recruiter (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 1, 2016
Amazing people work at Gilt Groupe. Fosters creativity and advanced learning.

Very fast paced culture that cuts through red tape to get work done and make swift decisions.

The most enjoyable part of my role at Gilt was the ability to influence decision making with regard to hiring and selecting key talent.
An okay company before the acquisition
Senior Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 27, 2016
Recently acquired by Hudson's Bay, the owners of Saks Fifth Avenue, Saks Off Fifth, and Lord & Taylor. A lot of changes now.
Good work place
Specialist (Former Employee) –  6201 Distribution Way Louisville, KyMarch 13, 2016
Gilt was a good work place. The management was very unprofessional and not appreciative of their employees. The work environment was friendly.
Pros
Good work envionment
Cons
short breaks
not good place to work
Putt away (Former Employee) –  Shepherdsville, KYOctober 14, 2015
have nothing to say. What can i say not a good place to work.wein I
worked for them .They praticed nuphtisume ,and favortisume.
Pros
Cons
n/a
Do you have a life? Do you have kids? Oh you do, do not pass go, do not collect $200 find another job!
RECEIVING (Former Employee) –  SHEPHERDSVILLE, KYSeptember 8, 2015
I worked in receiving. They are not flexible for the most part! I do have a life outside of work. Its very hot. Director sits up in his office watching you like a hawk! It took them forever to train me to actually receive orders on the computer. You suppose to work tuesday through friday...Wrong! You will work mondays too! I hope your doctors office is open on weekends for scheduled appointments. They also have pointless mandatory rallies!

Beside the bad. You get discounts if hired on. They also have cookouts and you get to play games as well. Thats pretty cool.
Pros
COOKOUTS, GAMES, POPSICLES
Overall - Great Place
Supply Chain Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Brooks, KyAugust 11, 2015
Training all new hires, also training the new merchants on Supply Chain/Purchasing procedures,
ensure on-time delivery of all orders from vendors, experienced with the Gilt Portal, as well as, Gilt’s Admin systems, responsible for nightly status recaps, ensure purchase orders are confirmed and accurate and trouble shoot issues found on the buy sheets, monitor updates to the sale calendar regarding new PO additions and subtractions, act as the Supply Chain representative for partners such as: Merchandising, Zen desk, Freight Co, Finance, and other internal parties within the company, assist in the achievement of key KPIs; reflect weekly on published report mirroring the team’s performance, adhere to compliance and business procedures; enforce rules as needed
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
An hour away from home and hard to get off
Lots of autonomy. Fun and intelligent people to work with
n/a (Current Employee) –  new york, nyJuly 9, 2015
Young and entrepreneurial culture. Not really a start up anymore but still has that vibe. Constant change and extremely fast paced. Ability to work on high level projects and take on a lot of responsibility at very junior levels.
Very uncomfortable work environment
Warehouse associate (Former Employee) –  louisville,kyApril 9, 2015
i worked there for three days and it was extremely horrible they want to be like amazon so bad that they throw everyone's comfort out the window. Wouldn't recommend anyone to work here.
Pros
Cons
dirty, dark, stuffy, hot, metal detector line, rude, think they are better than everybody.
Great enviorment and great people
Tech (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 11, 2015
There are some really bright people in the company. Direction is a bit lost currently due to market. There has been a lot of turn over recently but unfortunately the back fill of lost employees has been low.
Great Learning environment!
Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 27, 2015
You work like a dog here but if you are just starting out it is a great environment to learn. When you are moving on from this company you will be ready to take on anything.
Productive and Goal Oriented Work Place.
Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Shepherdsville, KYJanuary 7, 2015
I was responsible for daily operations in the outbound department. I would supervise 40+ associates as well as 2 supervisors.

I set production goals daily based on cost.

I enjoyed my team and the efforts they provided on a daily basis. I take great pride in having the opportunity to be their manager and getting to know each one individually.

Hardest part of the job having to release associates from assignments when hardships arose in their life and out of their control.

The most enjoyable part of my job was again my team. We set and maintained the record for most units packed and shipped through a peak season at 50,000 Units on Black Friday 2013.
Pros
An honest days pay for an honest days work.
Cons
Healthcare was too pricey for what kind of coverage you received (Especially Family Coverage)
Productive workplace with amazing people.
Photographer (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYNovember 24, 2014
My co-workers are amazing talented individuals. I've learned a lot from my superiors and colleagues.
Pros
Free lunches, 4 day work week
Cons
short breaks, no 401K contribution
Once a web start up now a mass corporation
Merchandise Product Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 24, 2014
Work load is very intense yet compensation is sub-par to average. Meanwhile middle management is highly unorganized and tipid.
Pros
Relatively relax office demeanors
Cons
Intense work loads, poor communication, and at times rampant unprofessionalism
One of the best companies to work for.
AP Supervisor (Current Employee) –  2 Park Ave., NYMay 14, 2014
The culture at Gilt Groupe is very exciting ... I have never worked at any place as exciting as Gilt.

It is one of the most employee friendly environment.

My co-workers/colleagues were the best.

The hardest part of the job is being unable to complete a goal and on the fun side missing the company engagements

Accomplishing ones goal is the most enjoyable part of the job and employee entertainment/events and volunteering at the warehouse sale.
Pros
Employee friendly environment
Cons
Jobs transferred to foreign country
Sales Curator for Gilt City Miami
Curator (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 31, 2014
Helped launch and develop the Gilt City platform in Miami. While at this position, I was involved in the selection, negotiation and on-boarding of various local luxury retailers on the Gilt City database. I was also responsible for quarterly revenue and creative goals, which were consistently exceeded.
Good company
Analyst (Temporary Project) (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 27, 2014
kitchen full of food
summer fridays
nice location
good hours
Great work place and culture
Studio Product Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYDecember 10, 2013
Great company and work place. I respect the culture and the people. A very diverse company.
Customer Support Associate (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYNovember 28, 2013
Great place to work, amazing co-workers, supportive management team. I felt very encouraged to stay and grow with the company. Also, lots of fun job perks - they want to make your life as comfortable as possible.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GILT GROUPE. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6