The New Accounts Specialist is responsible for processing new accounts business and providing exceptional customer service. He/she must build credibility and establish rapport with our advisors, and maintain communication with our clearing firms, technology partners and branch offices.
The New Accounts Specialist will also provide support to new representatives during their transition process and help them become familiar with Girard’s policies, procedures, staff, and resources.
Individuals in this position must be committed to conducting their job duties in a fair and equitable manner that always puts integrity and client well-being as a top priority.
- Bachelor’s degree in business related field or equivalent work experience
- A minimum two years of new accounts or transition experience in the securities industry
- Series 7 preferred
- Ability to set and meet business goals
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and follow-up with prospective reps in a timely manner
- Ability to work flexible hours (may require evening and weekends)
- Ability to be at work on a regular and predictable basis
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of FINRA and SEC rules and regulations
- Knowledge of Girard products and services
- Knowledge of the independent broker-dealer and RIA market
- Knowledge of the securities industry practices, procedures, and terminology
- Skill in networking with existing and prospective Girard reps
- Skill in operating personal computer and various software packages (i.e. Streetscape, FBSI, NetX360, Microsoft Office, LaserApp, Laserfiche, etc.)
- Assist with account opening and maintenance functions on both National Financial and Pershing clearing platforms:
- Opening Accounts
- Entering ACAT’s
- Booking Documents
- Tracking Documents
- Updating Accounts
- Provide back-up rep support of Girard Access & Laserfiche processing
- Assist with special projects (ex: Annual Purge notifications, QRP plan notifications, restriction code resolution, etc.)
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
Girard Securities is a full-service broker/dealer that supports its affiliated, licensed investment and financial advisors to help them...