The primary responsibility for this position is to recruit qualified representatives and RIA’s within assigned territories to join Girard Securities, Inc. Additional responsibilities include hosting network receptions, participating in new business ventures, and representing Girard at trade shows, conferences, dinners and seminars.
- Bachelor’s degree in business related field or equivalent work experience
- A minimum two years of sales experience in the securities industry
- Series 7 preferred
- Ability to set and meet business goals
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and follow-up with prospective reps in a timely manner
- Ability to persuasively present the benefits of Girard and convert a lead into a rep
- Ability to travel approximately 20% of the time
- Ability to work flexible hours (may require evening and weekends)
- Ability to be at work on a regular and predictable basis
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of FINRA and SEC rules and regulations
- Knowledge of Girard products and services
- Knowledge of the independent broker-dealer and RIA market
- Knowledge of the securities industry practices, procedures, and terminology
- Skill in networking with existing and prospective Girard reps and product wholesalers
- Skill in utilizing consultative sales techniques
- Skill in utilizing social media platforms to network and generate leads
- Skill in operating personal computer and various software packages (i.e. Microsoft Office, Salesforce, Redtail, etc.)
This position is responsible for, but not limited to the following:
- Recruit qualified representatives and RIA’s within assigned territory to join Girard by developing leads obtained through multiple sources and contacting prospective representatives to determine suitability of current business with Girard strategies, goals, and compliance procedures.
- Partner with Executives and Management to recruit large producers and/or offices.
- Assume ownership of leads within assigned territory. Conduct cold calls to prospects and utilize consultative sales skills to recruit business.
- Qualify prospects based upon needs analysis questionnaire and scheduling initial appointments.
- Manage compliance issues for recruits ensuring timely follow-up and completion of paperwork.
- Prepare and deliver formal business presentations to qualified prospective representatives highlighting Girard products, technology, and service. Answer questions and utilize sales techniques to recruit business.
- Coordinate and host networking receptions for prospective representatives.
- Provide prospective representatives with continued, on-going contact through personal phone calls, visits, email and written communications.
- Establish individual recruitment goals in conjunction with the executive team. Determine appropriate strategies and sales plan to ensure attainment of goals.
- Prepare activity reports for the senior management.
- Participate in staff meetings.
- Represent Girard at various trade shows, conferences, dinners and seminars.
- Assist in the development of strategies and goals for Girard.
- Maintain current knowledge of industry trends and developments.
Girard Securities, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity and offer a quality workplace.
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
Indeed - 16 months ago