Girl Scouts Heart of Michigan is seeking a full-time, exempt Photo/Video Communications Specialist.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply online at http://www.gshom.org/about/employment.html.
Application deadline is June 27, 2013.
Submissions without a cover letter and resume will not be considered.
Responsible for organizing raw information to create narratives that inform and engage the target audience. Working independently and on a team, will create storyboards, simple scripting, and produce and edit video. Will travel to events to capture photo and video content. Responsible for organizing and maintaining photo and video database, and posting content to social media. Will develop and maintain an awareness and image among all constituents of the Girl Scout movement and purpose within the council’s jurisdiction. Working with Communications Team Leader will assist in creating strategies for PR/Media marketing campaigns to promote a positive image of Girl Scouting to external audiences through newsletters, videos, brochures, media, radio, television, and photography. Will assist with Department Team Leaders to create internal videos to be used for volunteer and staff development.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. As assigned, promote the image and programs of the council to current and new audiences.
2. Will work with various departments within organization to assist in the creation and editing of videos used for trainings with volunteers and staff.
3. Create and manage a council YouTube page to create and maintain a positive image of Girl Scouting.
4. Attend and record events that occur in the multiple regions of Girl Scouts Heart of Michigan.
5. Will work evenings and weekends.
6. Job will require travel between regions.
7. Create and maintain a positive environment that fosters respectful, meaningful and effective interaction among all people, regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation and expression, disability, marital status, height, weight or any other characteristic protected by law.
8. Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a related field.
- Video and photo editing skills using Adobe Creative Suite (specifically, Adobe Premier).
- Able to shoot photo and video with advanced equipment using manual settings.
- Creativity and an understanding of basic marketing techniques.
- Excellent oral and written communication, and proofreading skills.
- Work in team environment and accept constructive criticism.
- Willingness to accept new responsibilities and handle multiple projects.
- Ability to work independently, multi-tasking simultaneous projects and work well with all levels of staff and volunteers.
- Computer literate/proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Word and Excel.
- Perform in a professional and courteous manner at all times.
- Evening and weekend hours are must.
- Have own reliable transportation and the ability to travel within the jurisdiction.
- Able to perform in an office environment and the outdoors.
- Willing to become a member of GSUSA
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Personal Leave
- Holiday Pay
Girl Scouts Heart of Michigan is an Equal Opportunity Employer.