Girl Scouts of America

Girl Scouts of America Employer Reviews

Very fast pasted work environment
CLERICAL ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJanuary 4, 2015
Worked with students on a daily basis.
Very friendly co-workers.
Very busy atmosphere.
Young girls Grow,and learn how to respect themselves, others, and the enviroment
Troop Leader/Volunteer (Former Employee), Spring Lake Park, MNDecember 30, 2014
Pros: teaching the brownies new ideas
Cons: not having enough time with them.
The girls would meet weekly at a public place to e full-fill the requirements of becoming a Brownie, Girl Scout. They would learn about making a 911 phone call, their heritage, and also others. We would envolve the girls in "Earth Day" and clean up the entire park in one day.

I have learned so much, I miss my girls, but they grow up & get interested in other things. For a Girl Scout Troop it is essential to have a co-leader. Makes our job easier for the girls.The hardest part sometimes is being accomidationg for all parents, who all have a part. But the enjoyable part of volunteering is taking part in with the girls learning and growing.
productive
Camp Staff (Former Employee), Washington, DCDecember 29, 2014
helpfulCamp Staff, June 2003 - June 2005
• Supervised and worked with children on various events
• Organized and filed registration papers
• Taught a wide variety of academic disciplines
• Planned field trip event
• help counsel and managed a large number of children
it is a great place to work, and great work enviornment
Retail Sales (Former Employee), Nashville, TNOctober 23, 2014
Pros: a joy to work their and meet new people
I enjoyed working there and meeting new people and new experience that I have not done before
Review
Leader (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVSeptember 21, 2014
Girls scouts was a great place to work. Loved working with the kids.
very fuffilling
Troop 51110 Leader- Volunteer (Former Employee), Livonia New YorkSeptember 4, 2014
As a leader of troop 11150, it was very fulfilling to help young girls become strong, talented, confident young women.
Overall a great place to work
Health Supervisor (Current Employee), Camp Connell, CAAugust 17, 2014
Very beneficial and rewarding. Dealing with the health and medical needs of 175 campers and 65 staff was difficult at times, but in the end an amazing place to work.
I have a troop I manage.
Adult Leader (Current Employee), North Vernon, INAugust 11, 2014
I like to conduct meetings and outings for the girls. This is a volunteer position but very rewarding.
Fun experience
Science Demonstrator (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 31, 2014
Was just great, felt good to teach kids about science and see them really want to learn more.
Fun place to work
Girl Scout Leader (Former Employee), Mobile, ALJuly 27, 2014
Pros: work with all the girls
Cons: the program ended
I loved working with all the girls, teaching right from wrong and to act like smart little girls. The hardest part of this job was when the program ended.
great place to work
Retail Sales (Former Employee), Nashville, TNJuly 24, 2014
Pros: love meeting new people
Cons: not enough pay
great place to work if you like being around kids and having fun
counselor
Camp Counselor (Former Employee), Morristown, NJJuly 16, 2014
Pros: worked with knowledged staff
Cons: pay
worked with various age groups. summer camp activities. we planned out the daily schedules and educated the girl scouts
A very rich learning experience
Coordinator and Teacher (Former Employee), Littleton, ColoradoJune 26, 2014
I was given the opportunity to lead young girls to make something more out of themselves. I experienced a leadership position and was able to take a lot away from this experience.
fun environment, but very demanding hours and little benefits
Camp Counselor (Former Employee), Town of Perinton, NYJune 26, 2014
A typical day consisted of monitoring and leading children in a variety of camp activities. I gained much leadership skills, as well as obtained experience in working with children. The management was generally organized and friendly, however, the failed to acknowledge a variety of job details during the interview. Coworkers were very friendly and supportive. The hardest part of the job was the demanding hours and having no lunch breaks. Days off were not allowed under any circumstances. The most enjoyable part of the job was working in an outdoor environment and being physically active.
Wonderful experience working with good people
Volunteer (Former Employee), North PlainsJune 24, 2014
Volunteer work with the GSA is an amazing experience that allows girls to gain leadership skills and do good. Volunteer work with the GSA run the gamut. When I'm at camp, a typical day is teaching a group of girls how to pitch tents, tie knots, whittle, and other outdoor activities. But when I'm volunteering for events, I could be helping plant trees, pick up trash, hand out food at soup kitchens and more. Management is great because everyone takes time to get to know one another and every gets a chance to be a leader. The hardest part of the job would be the actual physical labor part, which can occasionally can be trying. However, it's all worth it when the project is complete.
Balance Troop account and reconcile expenditures.
Treasurer (Current Employee), Blue Springs, MOMay 26, 2014
Pros: working the girls within in the troop.
I balance our Troop account and reconcile all of our expenditures.
Also as Cookie Mom- I have to reconcile all sales, distribution and monies for our Troop's Cookie Sales. This year, that was over 2400 boxes of cookies and nearly $9800 in sales.
Overall a very pleasant part time job
Girl Scout Leader (Former Employee), Salisbury, MDMay 21, 2014
Pros: communication with assistants
Cons: not a full time position available
If you enjoy helping young girls grow and learn then this is a wonderful job you. There is never the same thing each day.
Empowerment of Girls
Camp Store Coordinator (Former Employee), Payson, AZMay 15, 2014
This was a summer camp, and summer camp is always a blast. I had great peers and co-workers, it was a free and safe place. The girls were always so excited about camp, some cried at the beginning but it was always fun to watch them connect with other girls and cry because they had to go home. The hardest part was bed time, when working with the younger girls they were afraid of the dark are missed their family come bed time. But come morning they were ready to get the day started. I love cook out nights and sleep-out seeing the stars above in the middle of the woods. This is a job that I would recommend to someone trying to get experience working with girls and learning how to be patient and step back.
Working in the store was a blast. I had fake money that I had to each girl for and once they came in the shop they spent their money on things they wanted without being told what they can and cannot buy (except with soda and ice cream). It taught how to finances money and keep track of what they have and what the price says. It was difficult when some girls didn't have any money and I could only girl them two dollars.
Nonprofits are typically under budget constraints, GSUSA is no different. Staff are overworked and under paid.
Nonprofit volunteer (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MichiganApril 28, 2014
The mission of the organization is why I chose to volunteer, however the administrative end of the organization is suffering from very rapid development, the constituency is growing but the resources available to provide services are limited, namely volunteers. The dynamic of families is changing with parents both working to sustain the income, they are looking for extra curricular activities to place their girls to help them develop life skills and values. Volunteers are exactly that, volunteers. They volunteer their time and effort because they believe in the mission of the organization, to help build strong independent girls with character, to contribute to society and help build a better future.
Intern (Former Employee), Albany, NYApril 4, 2014
Working with the girls that are interested in girl scouts is a highlight of my day. They are always eager to learn and to know about you and your life.

1 2 3