Position Summary: The Customer Service Specialist is responsible for providing quality and efficient customer service to both internal and external customers. This position provides support to Customer Service Department by delivery of materials, products, and services that meet the needs of the membership, with a specific focus in office management; managing all operations of the program center, including building facilities, shop, production/mail room and the front desk.
- Perform office manager duties; managing building facilities, front desk, and shop
- Responsible for greeting and assisting guests, customers, and members
- Responsible for responding to emails in a timely and professional manner
- Maintain all areas within the program center; including building facilities and office equipment; request repairs as necessary
- Provide accurate information to customers on product sales, membership, registration, retail sales, and obtain other information requested by the customer
- Assist in the delivery of girl events and trainings when required
- Accurately log all guests/visitors, faxes, checks and Criminal Background Check’s received
- Support product programs by distributing materials and products, collecting and forwarding paperwork; maintain accurate inventory of cookies and fall sale items
- Assist members with registrations for events, trainings, camp, and accept membership/registration forms
- Act as backup when Shop personnel is out.
- Act as backup to Shop personnel in ringing up payments for registrations for events, trainings, camp and membership registrations
- Perform receptionist duties by answering and routing phone calls on a multi-line phone system with voice mail
- Perform data entry for events, trainings and membership registrations in a timely and accurate manner as requested by the Data Administration Manager
- Perform production room duties making copies as requested; order and distribute office supplies
- Perform mail room duties by distributing incoming mail daily; metering/post mail and shipping of shop orders
- Maintain files, logs, and records that relate directly to this position
- Produce a monthly written report to Customer Service Business Manager
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Manage and maintain bookings for the facilities/program center
- Prepare building attendance reports and building maintenance reports
- Adhere to the policies of GSCTX and promote Girl Scouting in a positive manner to the public and co-workers
- Be courteous, friendly, and helpful to the public and co-workers
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent, and 2 or more years experience in customer service.
- Ability to accommodate a flexible work schedule, including nights and weekends
- Good Computer skills especially Microsoft Word, Publisher and Excel
- Good data entry skills
- Good written, organizational and communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities, meet deadlines and produce results
- Membership in GSUSA
- Must commit to a personal action of accountability and demonstrate respect
- Must be flexible in the organizational structure and commit to be part of a cross department work team
- Must participate in professional development opportunities aligned with GSCTX’s mission, vision and focus areas
- Support the development of council fund raising programs by helping to identify organizations, businesses and individuals who are potential donors or grant sources
- Frequent sitting, standing, walking, bending and twisting upper body.
- Capable of lifting up to 50lbs
- Capable of viewing computer monitor for long periods
- Continuous indoor activity and exposure to florescent light.
- Frequent exposure to computer, video, and other copier emissions.
Other Working Conditions:
- Continuous requirement for professional demeanor and appropriate office attire
- Continuous work as a team member and ability to work independently with some supervision
- Frequent work under stress and under pressure of deadlines with overlapping projects
- Continuous ability to work well with others.
The information contained in this job description is intended to outline the general nature and scope of work being performed by an employee assigned to this position. It is not intended to be construed as a contract, or as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and capabilities required of a person employed in this capacity.
GSCTX is an EOE Employer
Our mission as Girl Scouts of Central Texas is to build girls of courage, confidence and character who make the world a better place. As the...