We are looking for dedicated individuals who want to be actively involved in giving girls the knowledge, skills, attitudes and values to become leaders in their own lives and their communities. Girl Scouts of Northern Illinois is an inclusive organization that welcomes girls and adults regardless of race, ethnicity, religious beliefs or socioeconomic status. Girl Scout membership is open to all girls who accept the Girl Scout Promise and Law.
To ensure the Girl Scouts Leadership Experience is accessible, the Membership and Community Specialist develops, retains, and increases girl and adult membership in an assigned area; recruits and ensures ongoing support to volunteers; assists in developing and implementing plans for membership extension in all markets; represents and extends Girl Scouting in the community through presentations, collaborative efforts, and networking.
Major responsibilities include:
- Assisting in the development, implementation and monitoring of council and regional membership/marketing strategies.
- Recruiting and providing service to troop coordinators, building strong marketing/recruitment volunteer teams within the service units.
- Organizing and coordinating information/promotional rallies or presentations for girls and adults through a variety of community venues including schools, community centers, faith based organizations, etc. to recruit adult volunteers to provide leadership to Girl Scouts.
High School degree or equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree preferred, or equivalent combinations of education, plus 1-2 years of experience in recruiting for a non-profit or membership-based agency. Bi-lingual in English/Spanish preferred.
The Membership and Community Development Specialist must have:
- Experience in or knowledge of recruiting and motivating volunteers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends
- Commitment and ability to interact with diverse populations
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with staff and volunteers
- Valid driver’s license, access to reliable transportation, and the ability to travel within the council jurisdiction
Hiring salary range is $26,000 to $30,000 per year, depending on experience. A full benefits package of 3 weeks vacation, 12 sick days, 10 holidays, health/dental/vision insurance, LTD/life insurance, and 401(k) are included.
How to Apply:
Please email a cover letter and resume, and include the title of the position and location you are applying for in the subject line. For more information on the Girl Scouts of Northern Illinois, visit our website at www.girlscoutsni.org.
Equal Opportunity Employer