Girl Scouts of the USA Employee Reviews

Gs
Troop Support and Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 16, 2018
I am currently in charge of helping volunteers on their path to becoming great troop leaders. I advise them on the tools and training they need to have a successful troop. I am also in charge of moving/finding girls new troops and updating the information of the troops. We use Salesforce to manage all of the leaders and girls information, where I make sure they all all of the correct paperwork to be able to do activities, travel with the girls, and participate in Girl Scout events around the city.
Flexible schedule
Program Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, OHJanuary 12, 2018
Was nice to be able to make my own schedule. Accommodated my family life fantastically. Was an enjoyable job. Programming could use a revamp though. Loved it.
Productive Leadership Environment
DIRECTOR, FUND/RESOURCE DEVELOPMENT OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJanuary 11, 2018
Great environment if you like working with school aged girls from 5-18. This company has many programs that help girls become young leaders in society while building their confident.
Pros
Working with girls and seeing the change over the years
Cons
Funding to hire additional staffing
Nice place to work
Business/ Reporting Analyst (Former Employee) –  TexasJanuary 11, 2018
Very good people. Nice place to learn and work. They care about the community and people. This was my first job and i learnt a lot from this place and built some invaluable relationships
Love volunteering for Girl Scouts
Troop Leader (Current Employee) –  La Crosse, WIJanuary 11, 2018
I love volunteering for Girl Scouts! It is a great group to work with and you get to do great things to change the lives of your Girl Scouts! I will keep volunteering for as long as I can!
Very quick pace and fun environment.
Customer Service - volunteer (Former Employee) –  Lake Elsinore, CAJanuary 9, 2018
All the co-workers were very friendly and I had a very good experience volunteering for this company. It was nice to help out the customers and meeting all their needs.
Pros
They treated their employees great.
Cons
Temporary
Enthralling place to make a difference
Teacher (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAJanuary 8, 2018
Each day I get to work with girls who live in underserved communities, and i get to teach them new things that they may not get a chance to learn in their daily life. It's really rewarding to get to work with these girls and see them grow over the few weeks I spend with them. However, it's hard when those weeks are over, and you don't get to work with those girls anymore.
Health Care Supervisor / Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clear Lake, IAJanuary 8, 2018
The management was alright at times but unorganized
The kids were great the people were great.
For a college student or high school good oppertunities
A great learning experience for girls from elementary all the way up to high school!
Girl Scout (Current Employee) –  Wesley Chapel, FLJanuary 8, 2018
Being a Girl Scout is a really fun experience. It helps the girls learn valuable life lessons and skills needed for the real world. Also, selling candy, nuts, and cookies are not only a great learning experience; it is really fun!
Pros
Community services hours, awareness, life skills
Good Management
VOLUNTEER SUPPORT SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  MaineJanuary 4, 2018
Manager is super helpful and supportive, job hours require flexibility and manager understands this. Like any job not perfect but much better environment then past positions.
Very fun place
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 3, 2018
I worked there on a voluntary basis. It was fun and enjoyable. I enjoyed working with my supervisor and the other staff. I also enjoyed the Girl Scouts Cookies.
Really great place to work
Program Instructor (Former Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CAJanuary 3, 2018
My manager was amazing, and always so helpful. The experience of teaching young girls was extremely humbling, and I am grateful for the opportunity. I appreciated how helpful everyone around me was, especially as someone new to teaching.
Good Mission, Difficult daily life
Membership (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJanuary 2, 2018
The mission of Girl Scouts is fantastic, and they are headed in the right direction, however you are extremely overworked and underpaid.
They are in a constant state of flex, and that makes the workplace stressful, along with when there is change, the volunteer base that you work with, do not take it well.
The demands of the council are not always unreasonable, but the daily demands of the volunteers can take a toll. Hardest part of the job is working with volunteers that do not want to follow policy, and having policies that are "made up" and need to be rectified.
The most enjoyable part of the job is helping girls become leaders. Mission of STEM and outdoor adventure is fantastic, but it doesn't translate to the volunteers.
Pros
Meaningful Mission
Cons
Demanding and constant change.
volunteer
Girl Scout Leader (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, MNJanuary 2, 2018
Did all the planning for the trips, cookie sales to group meetings, Had to figure out what badge to work on and how to go about accomplishing this.
Doing field trips
Pros
lOved being with my kids
Cons
lots of time away from other children
Great Company
Volunteer Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Alameda, CADecember 30, 2017
Working for Girl Scouts allows you to enjoy life each and every day. You work around your schedule for the most part and the work environment at the headquarters is great.
Fun workplace
Camp Counselor (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Rhode IslandDecember 30, 2017
I loved working with others. Meeting new faces everyday. The co-workers are great! Very enjoyable to work at camp every summer.
I enjoyed working with young group of children and having help from my co-workers when I need help. I do recommend this for someone who wants to study Early Childhood.
Pros
Lots of new friends!!!
I was hired and given 2 managers, these managers were not on the same page.
Retail Manager (Former Employee) –  MichiganDecember 27, 2017
With that, I was pulled in different directions and this caused confusion and chaos for everyone involved. I feel I was looked badly upon because I am a vocal person. When running a retail store, no verbal communication with your store guest is rude in my eyes. For what Girl Scouts stands for, I don't feel judgement upon someone is a positive reinforcement for their cause.
Pros
Working with girls to piece their uniforms together
Cons
2 managers, asking 2 different things of me at one time
Lack of hours
Program Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Youngstown, OHDecember 25, 2017
would've been great if i worked more than 2 hours per week, Knew it was part time, but had no idea that it was only a couple hours per week. it wasn't worth the time
DO it for the Girls and the Planet
Camp Director/Health Director (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 25, 2017
I loved my experience working with the Girl Scouts. I created special bonds with precious young girls and were part of life long memories such as riding a bike, exploring STEAM, watching the solar eclipse, taking care of the planet and others as well as learning about girl empowerment. amazing experience
Pros
Great cause and culture
Cons
HQ is in the trump building, dont get too involved with the politics
Fun workplace
Girl Scout (Former Employee) –  Alpine, CADecember 24, 2017
I loved being a Girl Scout. So many times we were able to volunteer in the best possible places.......................................................