Girl Scouts of the USA Employee Reviews

Not so many experiences there
Social Work Intern (Former Employee) –  North Branch, NJMarch 23, 2017
As an intern, I worked there for three months, my supervisor left suddenly and I changed in internship placement. I don't have many experiences there.
Customer Serivce Rep
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Mableton, GAMarch 23, 2017
A typical day at work involves opening the store counting the drawers money. Filling the floor with merchandise. Answering phones calls. Taking care of walk in customers to find their needs. Girl scouts is a fun job absolutely love working here everyone is so nice. I have learned how to look up inventory from other locations to print signage and to make displays.
Pros
love the hours of work and flexible scheduling
Cons
Not in budget to get full time
Meaningful Workplace
Volunteer Development Specialist (Current Employee) –  Orange County, CAMarch 21, 2017
The culture and community at Girl Scouts is one of a kind. It strive to be encouraging and to help everyone grow professionally. The work is meaningful and has purpose to change girls lives.
worked long weeks with not enough long enough breaks
Camp Counselor/ Kitchen helper (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 21, 2017
the work place had a wide range of people come over and work for the girl scout camp but they need some diversity in the staff.
you work there all summer long and have very little breaks that only last 1 hour and 30 mins at the least.
the most enjoyable was seeing the children being happy and start to enjoy camp.
Pros
free meals
Cons
short breaks, not enough pay
Very kind staff and Management of IT is excellent
ColdFusion Developer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 20, 2017
The head of IT works extra hard to ensure things run smoothly. Its great to see someone put their whole heart into their work. Very knowledgeable . . .
Pros
friendly work environment, helping the community
Cons
no job advancement
Volunteer troop Leader
Volunteer Troop Leader (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMarch 9, 2017
This is a volunteer position. I enjoy being with the Girl Scout organization. I enjoy watching the girls learn new things and helping them become independent young ladies.
gold award
Girl Scout (Former Employee) –  Roswell, GAMarch 7, 2017
I was with the girl scouts of greater atlanta for nearly 13 years as I completed my gold award. I loved being able to spread and share my project across my community
Great
Community Engagement Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Alameda, CAMarch 6, 2017
Girl Scouts is a great place to work. The support and encouragement that helps all girls is great. The opportunities are unlimited and the potential for impact is strong.
Good environment
Consultant/ Advisor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 2, 2017
Can't say much about the company, being as I did consulting work. Everyone I was in contact with was easily accessible, and helpful
Great organization to be apart of
Student (Former Employee) –  East Point, GAMarch 1, 2017
Would do crafts with younger girls and go on trips to different cities and states. Very educational and taught business strategies and life lessons.
fun
Associate (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILMarch 1, 2017
work with the young girls is fun seeing there face every week or day is great I always like to see the kids and parents happy
Fun environment, positive energy
Girl Scout (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNFebruary 26, 2017
Knowledgeable, skillful, creative. We learned what it meant to be a good leader, how to handle different types of situations, and to simply be good citizens and help our community in any way we can.
Fun work environment
Recruitment Manager (Current Employee) –  Lima, OHFebruary 22, 2017
Everyone is great and working with the kids is fun. The flexible schedule is great, but the position does require evening work. The organization has great benefits. Some of the expectations are not quite realistic such as recruitment goals in some areas.
Pros
Flexible schedule, great peers
Cons
Work most evenings, travel up to an hour and a half to get to most schools
loved working their 10 years ago
Telecommunications Administrator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 16, 2017
enjoyable place to work for and great team members learned my position that I now have from GS CIO was great and recognized her staff for promotions. we were like a big family that has gone now from what I hear.
Pros
team members
Cons
there were no cons at that time
Great people great work environment
Seasonal Membership Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILFebruary 15, 2017
I enjoyed working for Girl Scouts the people were great and lots of fun. They are laid back and very receptive. Girl Scouts is defiantly a team atmosphere.
Very Quiet place to work
Mailroom Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mableton, GAFebruary 8, 2017
Very Quiet place to work. Great Co-worker. The location was close in my range for traveling. You have a sense of security working on the property due to check in gate upon entry.
Got to learn about new things
Ambassador (Former Employee) –  North Hollywood, CAFebruary 7, 2017
Learned how to be a leader and be a role model towards the younger girls. I also learned valuable financial skills. The people were very understanding and worked with me to help sell the product we sold twice a year. I learned valuable camping and wilderness skills and how to pitch and sell a item to a customer.
Fun atmosphere
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Township of Randolph, NJFebruary 6, 2017
No complaints as a call center representative. Very relaxed environment and understanding management. Thorough training and no need to be afraid of asking questions or making mistakes.
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
Great organization for girls and teens
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 5, 2017
Enjoy volunteering and supporting girls with initiatives that drive success for all girls.

Volunteering as a cookie mom aiding in sales skills, small business development, tracking and marketing to gain sales and business strategies that build character.
fun to do when youre young
Girl Scout (Former Employee) –  Lake Stevens, WAFebruary 2, 2017
did a lot of activities and learned how to communicate with others. Made some good friends and helped open up my world. they also taught me the skills needed to persuade people to do what I want.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Girl Scouts of the USA. Our community is ready to answer.