Girl Scouts of the USA

Girl Scouts of the USA Employee Reviews

A once in a lifetime experience.
Girl Scout Camp Leader (Former Employee), Potawatomi Hills, WIMay 23, 2015
Working for the girl scouts was definitely an experience that I had never had before. I helped watch a troop of young girls, aged about eight years old, through activities and meals. It wad definitely different from babysitting seeing as it was a medium sized group of girls. It was a lot of fun, and loved spending time helping teach these young kids.
Great Learning Experience
Program Delivery Specialist (Former Employee), TXMay 22, 2015
Working at Girl Scouts was a wonderful experience. I was able to work with young Hispanic girls who struggle making friends, by helping them to get out of their shell.
A good opportunity to learn about the medical field.
Volunteer (Current Employee), Irvine, CAMay 4, 2015
Typically it is three hours a week.
Learn how to work with other people of different age groups.
Learn how to follow instructions
Improve time management skills.
Stable and productive environment.
Fun with Girl Scouts Inc.
Being A Girl Scout (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLApril 28, 2015
Pros: Free Lunch, Breaks, Laughter
Cons: Camping
A typical day doing Girl Scouts was having a Yard Sale by the Church and Girl Scout Cookie Selling. I learned the art of communication and the management was great. My other girl scout troupers were fun and they made the experience special for me. The hardest part of the job was going on camping trips and the most enjoyable part of the job was having fun communicating with others and helping our community.
Activity
Girl Scout (Former Employee), Fort Washington, MDApril 25, 2015
Had meetings once a month to discuss cookies sales and volunteer work around the community. We have cleaned up communities, volunteered at nursing homes for the elderly, feed and clothed the homeless, and numerous other volunteer activities around the DC, Maryland, and Virginia area.
kid friendly enviroment and recreation
ASSISTANT UNIT LEADER (Former Employee), Spartanburg SCApril 21, 2015
Pros: great experience
i loved working with Girl Scouts. it was a very friendly enviroment where i learned how to plan activities, help to set up and help the girls with their badge work and other activities
Productive, team/family orientated staff and wonderful management and leadership
Receptionist (Former Employee), Harrisburg, PAMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Everything; honestly
Cons: no cons; honestly
No day was ever a typical day at GSHPA which is what made the job the most interesting. I extremely enjoyed being a part of an organization that gives back to the community.
GREAT PLACE TO WORK
VOLUNTEER (Current Employee), Oklahoma, TXMarch 13, 2015
Pros: fulfilled
Cons: low pay
If you want to be fulfilled in your job, this is the place to work. You will not be paid well, but it is a great place to work knowing that you made a difference.
I looked forward to seeing the girls. They were always so excited
Executive Field Director (Former Employee), Hobbs N.MMarch 3, 2015
There were not to many typical days, but I spent an average amount of time planing events, recruiting adult volunteers, going to my outreach programs at schools, and collaborating with businesses for funding. I had the best boss. She was an asset to Girl Scouts and to all that had the pleasure of working with her . my co- workers were close and always passing ideas around for one another. the most challenging part of the job was recruitment of adult volunteers, and the most rewarding part of my job was seeing the girls happy faces.
Great way to meet new people
Leader of Northwestern Pennsylvania (Current Employee), Erie PAFebruary 17, 2015
Volunteering your time is worth it! Seeing the smiles on young girls and young women faces... lights up your heart. Need to be patient and willing to deal with children.
Best place to grow and learn
Outreach Program Specialist (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJanuary 23, 2015
I absolutely loved working for Girl Scouts. My co-workers were amazing and to to top it off, I had the best manager an employee could ask for.
Girl Scouts
Girl Scout Troop Leader (Former Employee), Norman, OKJanuary 17, 2015
I have been in girl scouts since I was a brownie! its a family friend kind of group!
Good
Marketing and Communication Manager (Former Employee), nyJanuary 8, 2015
Overall it was a good experience, My day was from 8am - 4:30pm. There were special events occasionally which I had to attend.
Being a Girl Scout leader is one of the most rewarding things I have ever done.
Troop Leader (Current Employee), King, NCDecember 17, 2014
Pros: leadership, learning, making goals, making my life so much easier
My position with Girl Scouts includes planning and organizing meetings as well as setting up camping trips and leading the girls and teach them important life skills. The girls have also taught me so many things like to live so much more than I have been. I enjoy leading the girls and making their lives so much better.
Positive Autmosphere with a Fabulous Drive!
Registration & Data Analyst Specialist (Former Employee), San Diego, CADecember 1, 2014
Pros: positive culture
Working at Girl Scouts had so many positives! The inspiration for success floats through the air in the office building! The team members encourage new ideas and allow for those ideas to come to life! The collaboration is breath-taking, which is why GS is so successful today! They truly stand by the Girl Scout Promise!
A very passionate and mission delivery oriented work structure
Manager of Strategic Analysis (Current Employee), New York, NYNovember 7, 2014
Pros: passionate people
Cons: little room for advancenent
A typical day involves extracting data based on internal needs and determining the best way to make that readily available to staff to incorporate into decision making as it pertains to program implementation and our strategic initiatives,
The hardest part is getting data into the hands of our staff and users across the country with limited resources. However, the best part is when I can make data readily available and more self-sufficient in getting data they need and/or being able to predict data/information requirements to provide that to our users quickly.
This was not a job at all obviously, but seeing as I have not yet had a job this is one of my life experiences.
Cookie Sales (Former Employee), San FranciscoNovember 4, 2014
Pros: free lunches, and camping trips.
Learned how to sell cookies and other merchandise on he streets,
and how to be a good leader with great compromising skills so that everyone is happy. Learn great team building skills and how to handle "serious" jobs.
**Note, pay no real attention to any of my rating see and none of these experiences have any real dealings with past jobs.
fun place and worked with children
volunteer (Former Employee), Lufkin, TXOctober 2, 2014
Pros: working with children
Helped Children have a fun experience making friends and crafts. I learned how to deal with children with all different abilities and backgrounds. Every one you worked with was nice. The hardest part was trying to help girls who were getting frustrated in an activities The most enjoyable was working with girls and helping them learn and grow every day.
Building courage, character, and confidence
Lead troop meetings at various schools (Current Employee), Kansas City, MOSeptember 28, 2014
Pros: everything
Cons: no benefits
Each day I go to a different school and work with different girls who wouldn't normally have the opportunity to Girl Scouts, I lead activities in order to help girls earn badges and learn about the world around them at the same time. I've learned that all girls are different and they all need a certain amount of attention, I've also learned a lot about my ability to have an impact on a girls life. – more... These meetings aren't conducted in front of my manager typically. It gives me freedom to learn and grow with each group of girls so it's more fitting to the environment. My co-workers are there to provide help if I need it, but we don't often work together. The hardest part of the job is starting it because you have to learn as you go so you can cater to the girls needs. The most gratifying part of this job is watching the girls grow and knowing that you are helping to shape the person they become, and being someone they admire, and trust. – less
Awesome staff and friendly enviroment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 22, 2014
Great benefits and perks. Team oriented and customer service first. Great location in the heart of Union Square.

1 2 3 4