Girl Scouts of the USA Employee Reviews

High pay to compensate for high pressure
Membership Specialist (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 22, 2017
Girl Scouts of Central Maryland is unorganized. Pay is high, work is stressful and confusing. The community does not like headquarters employees becuase they are paid but sometimes do less than the volunteers are expected.
Pros
pay
Cons
stress, disorganized
Working with young girls to give them confidence
Girl Scout Leader (Former Employee) –  California City, CAAugust 22, 2017
Worked with young girls and ladies teachen them independence and life skills. I liked working with the other leaders and taking the girls camping. Didn't like the cookie sales.
Fun, rewarding
Troop Leader (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAAugust 21, 2017
There is nothing better than being a mentor for young people. Girl Scouts affords young girls the opportunity to thrive, learn and become productive members of our society.
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIAugust 16, 2017
Exposed to all sorts of different activities--arts and crafts, flower arranging, camping, knot tying, canoeing--and even if I didn't enjoy everything, the experience broadened what I knew about the world.
Fun, outdoor work environment
Pool Director (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsAugust 15, 2017
hard work but definitely worth it there are a lot of great chances to connect with the campers and make their experiences one of a kind through stellar programming.
Pros
outside, active
Cons
Enjoyable place to learn and have fun
Summer Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 14, 2017
Camp is a place where people can have fun and be themselves without having to worry about their "real lives". In this environment, we are able to interact with others as well as learn about ourselves.
Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  Camp Wildwood, FLAugust 14, 2017
I've been in Girl Scouts for 13 years and worked for 2. Depending on who your boss is determines how good the job is. I only worked as a camp counselor but my mother was on council. Camp is fun but tiring, stressful, and you will get attached to the counselors very easily. I cried non-stop the last day and I still miss all of them.
Pros
Friendship
Cons
Very short breaks
Leader
June 2012-Return to Spring Semester 2013, Laborer (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIAugust 14, 2017
I think that there was progress in the work however it was a temp job. I loved the girls that I worked with and miss them the most from the job, they changed my life while I worked with them.
Fun and creative
Girl Scout Troop Leader (Former Employee) –  Beale AFB, CAAugust 13, 2017
Working for the Girl Scouts was a wonderful opportunity for me to connect with my daughters, other girls, and the community. I taught the girls valuable life and character skills. It was so much fun.
fulfilling role working with girls k-12
Community Partnership Manager (Current Employee) –  Garden City, NYAugust 11, 2017
I love what I do. It is so rewarding to work with girls that otherwise would not have access to the programs Girl Scouts provides. Management in my department is more than I could ask for.
This organization was great. I learn alot. fun
Program specialist/facilitator (Former Employee) –  san antonio texasAugust 10, 2017
I loved this organization, flexibility, fun and I learned a lot. I got to impute my own ideas. Flexibility, and got to enhance my career as a social worker
Pros
coworkers
Cons
some times long hours
For the girls
Head Lifeguard/Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  Defiance, OHAugust 8, 2017
This place is a wonderful learning environment if you want to get education with working with young girls of america. I loved getting to see the girls every day and teaching them so much
Pros
On campus housing
Cons
short downtime
Great place for kids
Girl Scout (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAAugust 7, 2017
I really enjoyed my time in Girls Scouts. It's perfect for young ladies who want to develop there own skills. Being a Girl Scout taught me independence and how to care for myself. I enjoyed all the trips we took camping and to other states.
Good Place for Camps
Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  Oakton, VAAugust 7, 2017
I was a volunteer Camp Counselor. Typical days working for the Girl Scouts depended on what camp I was working with, because each camp is different. But usually I would find my campers and look after them. I really liked being a camp counselor, I think i learned more from the Girl Scouts than any other organization in my life. I love taking care of people and Girl Scouts gave me an outlet to do that for a large portion of my life. I worked as a camp counselor for five years and I loved it, it was great. The management was not great, they would control parts of camp that made our lives more difficult and made camp harder for everyone. There was always a great workplace culture, everyone respected everyone else. The best part of the job was probably the friends I made while I was a counselor, and watching my campers grow up over the years. The hardest part of the job was one day where the heat index got over 100 degrees and I had to skip lunch because we were so busy.
Pros
Free Soda, nice people
Cons
Always busy, no air conditioning, possibly difficult environment
Great Place to Work
Health Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSAugust 6, 2017
If you enjoy outdoors and working with kids, this is the best job! Very supportive leadership staff that genuinely care about the staff's well-being. This is a reference you can use for the rest of your life.
Pros
Room & board, and 3 meals included
Cons
Seasonal work
Interesting and wild culture
Specialist (Current Employee) –  West Bend, WIAugust 4, 2017
The hardest part of this particular place of employment, is the management, or the camp director. Everything in this location is beautiful, the staff, the property, the campers, but the director made it all a lot harder than she needed to.
Productive and a fun place to volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 3, 2017
I volunteered with both the Mile Hi Girl Scout Council and the Arizona Cactus-Pine Council. It was a fun place to volunteer and the Girl Scout staff members were always very nice, helpful, and knowledgeable.
Pros
Working with the girls
Fun
San Gorgonio Counsel, Senior Girl Scout Mentor (Former Employee) –  Redlands, CAAugust 3, 2017
I was never bored working for the girl scouts! It was a fast paced work environment but it was always a controlled chaos, and everyone always got their own job done.
Upbeat & Engaging
Camp Administrative Clerk (Former Employee) –  Boston, MA 02116August 3, 2017
At an office, you would think it would be quiet and a bit mundane. At GSEMA, I actually ENJOYED my time at work. Responding to parents, working with women who have known since I was much younger - All of this is great! It was a new experience, working in an office setting and I have to say i wouldn't trade this for any other place. The staff here are warm and welcoming & any help I may have needed was always answered with a positive disposition.

If you are looking for lively work for the benefit of young girls' empowerment, GSEMA is for you!
Great Job
Group Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MIAugust 1, 2017
Would definitely work here again. The kids are great and always ready to do new things. Sometimes things go haywire and when they do, the staff is always there to help maintain the kid's attention and activity.
Pros
Fun, relaxed, memorable
Cons
hours