Girl Scouts of the USA

Girl Scouts of the USA Employer Reviews

Being a Girl Scout leader is one of the most rewarding things I have ever done.
Troop Leader (Current Employee), King, NCDecember 17, 2014
Pros: leadership, learning, making goals, making my life so much easier
My position with Girl Scouts includes planning and organizing meetings as well as setting up camping trips and leading the girls and teach them important life skills. The girls have also taught me so many things like to live so much more than I have been. I enjoy leading the girls and making their lives so much better.
Positive Autmosphere with a Fabulous Drive!
Registration & Data Analyst Specialist (Former Employee), San Diego, CADecember 1, 2014
Pros: positive culture
Working at Girl Scouts had so many positives! The inspiration for success floats through the air in the office building! The team members encourage new ideas and allow for those ideas to come to life! The collaboration is breath-taking, which is why GS is so successful today! They truly stand by the Girl Scout Promise!
A very passionate and mission delivery oriented work structure
Manager of Strategic Analysis (Current Employee), New York, NYNovember 7, 2014
Pros: passionate people
Cons: little room for advancenent
A typical day involves extracting data based on internal needs and determining the best way to make that readily available to staff to incorporate into decision making as it pertains to program implementation and our strategic initiatives,
The hardest part is getting data into the hands of our staff and users across the country with limited resources. – more... However, the best part is when I can make data readily available and more self-sufficient in getting data they need and/or being able to predict data/information requirements to provide that to our users quickly. – less
This was not a job at all obviously, but seeing as I have not yet had a job this is one of my life experiences.
Cookie Sales (Former Employee), San FranciscoNovember 4, 2014
Pros: free lunches, and camping trips.
Learned how to sell cookies and other merchandise on he streets,
and how to be a good leader with great compromising skills so that everyone is happy. Learn great team building skills and how to handle "serious" jobs.
**Note, pay no real attention to any of my rating see and none of these experiences have any real dealings with past jobs.
fun place and worked with children
volunteer (Former Employee), Lufkin, TXOctober 2, 2014
Pros: working with children
Helped Children have a fun experience making friends and crafts. I learned how to deal with children with all different abilities and backgrounds. Every one you worked with was nice. The hardest part was trying to help girls who were getting frustrated in an activities The most enjoyable was working with girls and helping them learn and grow every day.
Building courage, character, and confidence
Lead troop meetings at various schools (Current Employee), Kansas City, MOSeptember 28, 2014
Pros: everything
Cons: no benefits
Each day I go to a different school and work with different girls who wouldn't normally have the opportunity to Girl Scouts, I lead activities in order to help girls earn badges and learn about the world around them at the same time. I've learned that all girls are different and they all need a certain amount of attention, I've also learned a lot about – more... my ability to have an impact on a girls life. These meetings aren't conducted in front of my manager typically. It gives me freedom to learn and grow with each group of girls so it's more fitting to the environment. My co-workers are there to provide help if I need it, but we don't often work together. The hardest part of the job is starting it because you have to learn as you go so you can cater to the girls needs. The most gratifying part of this job is watching the girls grow and knowing that you are helping to shape the person they become, and being someone they admire, and trust. – less
Awesome staff and friendly enviroment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 22, 2014
Great benefits and perks. Team oriented and customer service first. Great location in the heart of Union Square.
Creative and fun place to volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee), Hale,MiAugust 17, 2014
It was amazing being able to volunteer with girl scouts. I was able to make a difference in a child's life and to me, that is so important in this day and age.
LOVE!
Membership Recruitment Aide; Seasonal recruiter (Former Employee), morehead, kyAugust 2, 2014
Awesome company! They teach you so much. I really learned a lot.
It's okay
Co-Leader (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYJune 23, 2014
the girls were excited, they made me smile. I just came back from Camp and it wasn't as fun as I thought it would be.
Great
Junior Camp Counselor (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNJune 16, 2014
typical day was helping kids and volunteering
have fun outdoors
amazing
Troop Member (Current Employee), Silver Spring MDMay 31, 2014
It is good. We volunteer a lot. I learned good people skills and money management. I have worked with all types of people from all types of backgrounds.
Not a job
Girl Scout (Former Employee), Ripon, WisconsinApril 15, 2014
This was not a job. I was part of Girl Scouts growing up. It was something I did to learn valuable skills.
advisor
Advisor (Former Employee), Hilo, HIApril 14, 2014
great opportunity to help other people and advance in my career and well being
great association
Member/Volunteer (Former Employee), Hopedale, MAApril 4, 2014
Learned a lot about leadership skills, volunteer work, and learned to work as a team with the other members.
After School
Activity Leader (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CAApril 3, 2014
This is the same as Boys and Girls Club; create lesson plans, ensure safety, track students homework. I started out with 9.50 an hour and became an activity leader two months after i started.
N/A
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee), TXMarch 28, 2014
Brief time there...Several internal issues were already going on. The structure created a pass the buck culture, which made it stressful to go to work.
Great hanging with girls of diffent ages
Staff (Former Employee), Redlands, CAJanuary 30, 2014
Pros: loved every minute of it.
Cons: to short of time with the girls
Being around all those girls of differnt ages and back rounds was a real eye opener. I never knew what they did until I became a girl scout and had a blast doing so many fun activietys, such as hiking, swiming, and arts and crafts.
Productive,busy,and enjoyable.
Membership Specialist (Former Employee), TXJanuary 23, 2014
A typical day at work was very productive and busy. I believe that the hardest part of the job would be driving around the metroplex. Other than that making presentations and setting up appointments was enjoyable. My co-workers very friendly and helpful.
fun work place, producive atmosphere
Leader (Former Employee), Sumner, IAJanuary 7, 2014
Pros: great people to work with, good working atmosphere
Cons: short breaks, talking on the phone
Management was great, the people I worked with were fun, and mostly energetic.

1 2 3 4