Girl Scouts of the USA Employee Reviews

Girl Scouts
Community Outreach Specialist (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 24, 2016
I loved working with all of the ladies and young girls. It has helped me with so much and raising my daughter and teaching her. They are a wonderful company to be with
Volunteer
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDJanuary 7, 2016
I have never worked for the Girl Scouts of the USA. I volunteered for them throughout my years at North Dakota State University. Focused on building confidence, educating them about college, careers, doing fun holiday activities as well.
Positive learning experience
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Yucca Valley, CADecember 21, 2015
Had meetings once a week and learned a lot of new things. I learned how to make sells with selling cookies. Safety and responsibility.
Fun inspiring girls
Substitute Troop Leader (Former Employee) –  Centreville, VANovember 16, 2015
Loved being able to help these little girls do fun projects and encourage their growth in confidence and help them with school assignments.
Pros
volunteer
Cons
unwilling participants
Great life lessons learned
Co-Leader (Former Employee) –  Dracut, MANovember 13, 2015
All of my leaders have been very nice and made me feel like a part of the group. I have used what I learned from the girl scouts more than I can even explain. Its a very good place to bond with other girls your age and do fun and exciting things on your journey.
Pros
Spending time with girls like you
Cons
It can be challenging to manage all of your commitments as you grow older
Enjoyed working with the volunteers and girls.
Adult Training Director/Specialist (Former Employee) –  North Canton, OHNovember 11, 2015
After being a 20+ year volunteer I realized my goal to become a professional Girl Scout employee. Working with the volunteers extended my experience and appreciation for the then all volunteer work force.
Positive work experience. Was able to teach children.
Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 9, 2015
Working for Girl Scouts was a wonderful experience. Upon accepting the job offer, there were certain responsibilities that I was not made aware of. Still, I fell in love with the job and was able to work with adults and children. I loved being able to provide assistance to the children. I was happy to make a difference in the community. Management was excellent.
Loving Fun Environment
Outdoor Adventure Counselor, Lead counselor (Current Employee) –  Ashland CityOctober 5, 2015
Overall the experience was amazing and tremendously valuable. The campers are a joy to see grow each day. The staff is nothing short of a family. The adventures of each day are seemingly timeless and fulfilling.
Fun and creative way to spend extra time
Girl Scout (Former Employee) –  TXSeptember 8, 2015
The company was great to work with as a young child to help learn personable skills. The Girl Scouts teaches young girls what it is like for adults whom have to sell merchandise for a living; as well as teach them how to work amongst others.
Productive and fun
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VASeptember 2, 2015
It was a great experience joining Girl Scouts of the USA, it gave me great life experiences, and I learned a lot from doing the volunteer work. My fellow troop members had become not only become friends but family.
Pros
Fun
Cons
N/A

Want to know more about Girl Scouts of the USA?

Ask a question
fun experience with horses
equestrian counselor (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 24, 2015
it was fun and an excellent place to learn new skills about horses and what I learned is how to keep girls safe and have a good time on and off horses and manageing was awesome of how they keep their experiences on horses and my co workers are great we help eachother along the way hardest part was a kid falling off a horse a little but also carrying heavy things and their was happyiness all the way around to make sure skills are good for the children and staff for all of use to learn great experiences from the children and good staff
Pros
free meals -breakfast lunch dinner &snacks
Volunteer
Volunteer leader (Current Employee) –  El PasoAugust 18, 2015
I thoroughly enjoy being able to participate in Girl Scouts as a volunteer. This is a non-profit organization and most of the positions are volunteer based.
Co-leader for SFT troop
Assistant Troop Leader (Current Employee) –  Shawnee Mission, KSAugust 14, 2015
Great, Organized well balanced organization that inspires girls to be their best and have positive roles in our community.
Pros
Shaping future generations for the better
Cons
N/A
Fun job!
Girl Scout Leader - Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVAugust 10, 2015
I had the opportunity to work with girls of varied ages from 6 to 12 years old. We did a lot of fun projects and went to many fun places for the girls to learn and experience many aspects of life.
relaxed and stress free environment!
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee) –  Clinton TownshipAugust 8, 2015
A typical day was me loading/unloading girl scouts cookies, and distributing them to the troops.The hardest part was being prepared to load the cookies in the winter.
I was able to work with great staff and built lasting friendships.
Adult Learning Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 23, 2015
Overall i would recommend Girl Scouts to anyone who is interested in working with girls. The program provided is valuable to girls.
Pros
Flexible hours and staff, customers were great to work with!
Cons
Sometimes you have to work weekends
A once in a lifetime experience.
Girl Scout Camp Leader (Former Employee) –  Potawatomi Hills, WIMay 23, 2015
Working for the girl scouts was definitely an experience that I had never had before. I helped watch a troop of young girls, aged about eight years old, through activities and meals. It wad definitely different from babysitting seeing as it was a medium sized group of girls. It was a lot of fun, and loved spending time helping teach these young kids.
Great Learning Experience
Program Delivery Specialist (Former Employee) –  TXMay 22, 2015
Working at Girl Scouts was a wonderful experience. I was able to work with young Hispanic girls who struggle making friends, by helping them to get out of their shell.
A good opportunity to learn about the medical field.
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAMay 4, 2015
Typically it is three hours a week.
Learn how to work with other people of different age groups.
Learn how to follow instructions
Improve time management skills.
Stable and productive environment.
Fun with Girl Scouts Inc.
Being A Girl Scout (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 28, 2015
A typical day doing Girl Scouts was having a Yard Sale by the Church and Girl Scout Cookie Selling. I learned the art of communication and the management was great. My other girl scout troupers were fun and they made the experience special for me. The hardest part of the job was going on camping trips and the most enjoyable part of the job was having fun communicating with others and helping our community.
Pros
Free Lunch, Breaks, Laughter
Cons
Camping

4.5