Girl Scouts of the USA Employee Reviews

Pretty fun to work here
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJuly 20, 2017
It was a pretty fun job, much of it was mowing and weed-eating the large campgrounds several times a week in order to keep up with the camping season day in and day out.
Pros
Riding mowers, Long breaks, Short days.
Cons
Working in the heat all day
Girl's Scouts
Troop Leader (Current Employee) –  Far Rockaway, NYJuly 20, 2017
Girl's Scouts was a voluntary position and I enjoyed a lot doing it. It was a pleasure working with girl's scouts of america and their partners and the girls in the community.
Volunteer Parent GS Troop 197
Girl Scout Volunteer Parent Troop 197 (Current Employee) –  Laurel, MDJuly 19, 2017
I am a volunteer parent and have served as Cookie manager for two years. I also assist with cookie pick up and delivery to Cookie manger home. Participate in cookie booth sells while assisting girl scouts to achieve their goal with goal setting, decision making, money management, develop strong people skills and business ethnics.
Not organized, when they believe they are.
Employee (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJuly 18, 2017
They terminate people prematurely depending on the what mood the CEO is in. They don't trust their employees and they make that apparent up front. Very un-organized the CEO bullies the employees, instead of implementing mentor-ship, she implements tormentor-ship.

No job security, and they do exactly the opposite of what they say.
Great place to feel great about going to work
Facilities Analyst (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 18, 2017
I love working for Girl Scouts! The culture is a culture all its own, weather you work in facilities or are a troop leader working in community. Everyone works extremely hard at this amazing non-profit and the end goal is always the Girl. I check my email when I come, in I look for things that need to be scheduled, I look for contracts that need work, invoices that need to be coded, things that need to be signed and prioritize them from most important to least. I meet with my team and coordinate efforts to back up anyone who is out for the day. I encounter vendors who may be scheduled to preform work onsite or at one of our seventeen facilities. I create purchase orders and seek approval for previously budgeted work to be done. I code and track any invoices that need to go out in our check run at the end of the week while working with my supervisor for project approval. I scan and keep meticulous records of everything I turn in, just in case anyone needs to refer back to the work agreed upon. I also check in first thing with my interns and make sure of their status on the project management system and note their progress. I complete and signed their time sheet at the end of each week. I work with the operations team to ensure other departments who have invoices in excess of $800.00 get the proper approvals. I could not ask for a better group to work with, I am motivated with Kudos and our monthly meetings and recognized with tokens of appreciation at least once a month. I am also able to volunteer with different teams during the year as opportunities present themselves and  more... incorporated service projects where I can.  less
Pros
Recognition
Cons
Pay
Helping girls learn new skills.
VOLUNTEER (Current Employee) –  Ukiah, CAJuly 17, 2017
Meet up two time a month to help them earn new badges by learning new skills. We some time go on trips and creative come up with new ideas to do at the next meetings.
volunteer
Leader (Former Employee) –  Edgewood, IAJuly 17, 2017
Becoming a volunteer leader gave me the strength to facilitate meetings. This gave me an opportunity to work on my leadership skills while working with children.
Local Council Prepective
DIRECTOR OF PROGRAM (Current Employee) –  IndianaJuly 14, 2017
Inspiring place to work and a great mission. Good benefits for a non-profit. However, it's quick paced work with poor appreciation for work-life balance.
Productive Place to Work
Program Facilitator /Administrative Specialist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 14, 2017
This is a great place to work. I just wish there were more opportunities to advance in my department. Those who are allowed to move up in the company already play a leading role in the organization.
Fun and varying
Camp Counsellor (Former Employee) –  MainevilleJuly 13, 2017
This job was very rewarding, with everyday offering new challenges and each week having different children with vibrant and funny personalities. Leading activities for the children is fun, and gives you an oppurtunity to spend a lot of time outside.
Making the World a Better Place
Membership & Community Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJuly 10, 2017
My time working for the Girl Scouts was filled with challenges and beauty. Heartbreak and victory. Working for a nonprofit is like that. No one works in the Nonprofit sector to get rich. They do it for the love of the organization. I loved every minute there. I would never have left if I hadn't had to move for my husband's job.
Pros
Working with Girls to make them the best they can be!
Cons
Lots of hours, low pay
Loved My Position
Community Outreach Associate (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 10, 2017
I served as a Community Outreach Associate for two years. I enjoyed presenting activities to the girls, and this was a great opportunity for improving my public speakings skills! The schedule is great for college students, stay-at-home moms, and those looking for some extra income. However, due to the nature of this position, hours are limited to the school day. This is definitely the most fun job I have ever had, but now I need a stable income. The Outreach Managers are a pleasure to work with though! They always took the Associates' ideas into consideration.
Pros
Amazing Coworkers, helped young girls, flexible schedule
Cons
limited hours
Wonderful Summer Job
Unit Counselor (Current Employee) –  Woodridge, ILJuly 9, 2017
This is my summer employment job. I work as day camp counselor. The day to day work is very enjoyable and differs as the weeks change. Management is clear and very supportive and back up your call.
Great Way to Spend a Summer
Program Counselor (Former Employee) –  Clear Lake, IAJuly 9, 2017
Camp is a great place to work. Highly recommend to people looking for a summer job that is challenging and rewarding. Builds lots of positive relationships.
Loved working here
Program Associate (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 7, 2017
I absoultly loved working for girl scouts. it was like getting paid to play. However i know the company has changed a lot since i was there. Unfortunately i think its become more about the bottom line and less about the girls.
Fun Work Environment
Outreach Facilitator (Current Employee) –  Rock Island, ILJuly 7, 2017
Every day is different, schedules are not a typical 9-5, management is great, the hardest part of this job is if you are not able to connect to some girls, the most enjoyable is being a mentor to those who look up to you
Great mission
Recruitment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAJuly 5, 2017
I love the Girl Scout Mission. I focus on the mission and how I can make a difference and I tend to look past the poor management and stressful environment. The staff is under appreciated and overworked.
Pros
Making a positive impact in the lives of girls. Being the difference.
Cons
Stressful environment and unskilled leadership.
Superb!
Full Time Employee (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 3, 2017
A mission focused wonderful place to work and address the needs of GIRLS. The focus is on the efforts required to meet each program and target audience.
Food Service Director (Former Employee) –  Linden, MIJuly 3, 2017
Had a great time. We had th opportunity to help mold children and provide great meals for them everyday. It was a great atmosphere and very fun. The staff was great as well as management.
Great Job
Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  Chepachet, RIJuly 2, 2017
Great Job for a summer seasonal position especially when a full time college student. We were allowed to be creative and enjoy the position while working with the girls.