Girl Scouts of the USA

Girl Scouts of the USA Employee Reviews

loved working their 10 years ago
Telecommunications Administrator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 16, 2017
enjoyable place to work for and great team members learned my position that I now have from GS CIO was great and recognized her staff for promotions. we were like a big family that has gone now from what I hear.
Pros
team members
Cons
there were no cons at that time
Great people great work environment
Seasonal Membership Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILFebruary 15, 2017
I enjoyed working for Girl Scouts the people were great and lots of fun. They are laid back and very receptive. Girl Scouts is defiantly a team atmosphere.
Very Quiet place to work
Mailroom Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mableton, GAFebruary 8, 2017
Very Quiet place to work. Great Co-worker. The location was close in my range for traveling. You have a sense of security working on the property due to check in gate upon entry.
Got to learn about new things
Ambassador (Former Employee) –  North Hollywood, CAFebruary 7, 2017
Learned how to be a leader and be a role model towards the younger girls. I also learned valuable financial skills. The people were very understanding and worked with me to help sell the product we sold twice a year. I learned valuable camping and wilderness skills and how to pitch and sell a item to a customer.
Fun atmosphere
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Township of Randolph, NJFebruary 6, 2017
No complaints as a call center representative. Very relaxed environment and understanding management. Thorough training and no need to be afraid of asking questions or making mistakes.
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
Great organization for girls and teens
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 5, 2017
Enjoy volunteering and supporting girls with initiatives that drive success for all girls.

Volunteering as a cookie mom aiding in sales skills, small business development, tracking and marketing to gain sales and business strategies that build character.
fun to do when youre young
Girl Scout (Former Employee) –  Lake Stevens, WAFebruary 2, 2017
did a lot of activities and learned how to communicate with others. Made some good friends and helped open up my world. they also taught me the skills needed to persuade people to do what I want.
Fun and eventful work day
Life Guard (Former Employee) –  Silver City, NMJanuary 30, 2017
Typical work day was fun, exciting, and eventful. Dealing with the kids was an awesome experience. Learning how to deal and help the kids in a way that they could help the world with this program.
Good People
Development Database Analyst - Consultant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 26, 2017
Nice people. Good cause. If you want to work for a non-profit, then your heart should be in it. Compensation should not be your motivator.
Good place to work.
Business Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 26, 2017
Working here has its benefits, the pay is not competitive but the benefits are good. Your coworkers are friendly and the management goes the extra mile to help you out.
Key Points
Network Administrator (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJanuary 26, 2017
• Head JV/Assistant Varsity Boys Basketball Coach
• Teach rules, skills and sportsmanship of the game to the team
• Mentor the teammates in school etc
Pros
Working with kids is awesome.
Cons
Working with kids is awesome.
A Productive place to work
San Jacinto Counsel (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 25, 2017
Its a great place to work for, its a great opportunity for any house wife to work at the girls scouts, I learned how the girl scouts where made and sold the cookie, the customer service was productive, the best part was we got our cookies first. the hours where flexible.
Planned and Coordinated programs for the Columbus Region
Senior Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAJanuary 24, 2017
Planned and coordinated programs for girls (K-12 grades) to include summer camp. Developed and managed grant programs. Travel across the Chattahoochee Valley to eight counties to represent Girl Scouts and programming.
Pros
Developing leadership programs
Cons
Getting parents more involved
They service the needs of local girls with an emphasis on fun.
Chief Financial Officer (CFO) (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 24, 2017
They service over 4,000 girls annually. Their main source of revenue is their Cookie sale which is held every year. They have five camps which they utilize to service the girls. My duties as Chief Financial officer are varied. I prepare monthly Financial Statements, prepare grant reimbursement requests, and prepare Request for Funds. .
I am a Co-Leader, it is not a paid position.
Leader (Current Employee) –  Grovetown, GAJanuary 23, 2017
I really enjoy being a Co-leader and helping the young girls learn as much as they can. It has been an enjoyable experience so far this year.
Productive Job
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 17, 2017
Everyday you get to meet different customers and get to know them by hearing there stories about Girl Scouts. You get to listen and share stories with Girl Scouts about camp, cookie season, nut season, etc
Pros
Positive enviroment
Cons
short breaks
Wonderful & Friendly Work Environment
Council Shop Sales Associate & Council Associae (Former Employee) –  Sierra Vista, AZJanuary 16, 2017
Days are super busy and there is always something to do. Putting your time into something worth while and also getting paid to do it is awesome!
There is always an incentive day where the employees are celebrated.
Pros
Special Holidays off, self lead opportunity
Leading women for success
Troop Leader (Current Employee) –  Puyallup, WAJanuary 14, 2017
As a troop leader it is very gratifying to see the girls empower and lead one another. I do not get paid to be a troop leader, I am a volunteer.
Pros
Empowerment, leadership, personal gr
Cons
Delay in information
Fun Place To Work
Activity Specalist (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 11, 2017
A typical day consists of preparation of equipment, enforcement of safety, and ensuring a fun memorable time for all participants. I've earned a great deal of skills by working with this organization, such as leadership skills, public communication, and handling situations of all types. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with participants and sharing my love of the great outdoors with each and every one of them!
great way to get some volunteer hours
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIJanuary 9, 2017
during my time vulnteering with girl scouts of Rhode island I i have learened different skills, i would highly recomend volunteering.
Pros
great trips
Cons
paper work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Girl Scouts of the USA. Our community is ready to answer.

Girl Scouts of the USA Reviews by Location