Girl Scouts of the USA Employee Reviews

Volunteer
Volunteer leader (Current Employee), El PasoAugust 18, 2015
I thoroughly enjoy being able to participate in Girl Scouts as a volunteer. This is a non-profit organization and most of the positions are volunteer based.
Co-leader for SFT troop
Assistant Troop Leader (Current Employee), Shawnee Mission, KSAugust 14, 2015
Pros: Shaping future generations for the better
Cons: N/A
Great, Organized well balanced organization that inspires girls to be their best and have positive roles in our community.
Fun job!
Girl Scout Leader - Volunteer (Former Employee), Henderson, NVAugust 10, 2015
I had the opportunity to work with girls of varied ages from 6 to 12 years old. We did a lot of fun projects and went to many fun places for the girls to learn and experience many aspects of life.
relaxed and stress free environment!
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee), Clinton TownshipAugust 8, 2015
A typical day was me loading/unloading girl scouts cookies, and distributing them to the troops.The hardest part was being prepared to load the cookies in the winter.
I was able to work with great staff and built lasting friendships.
Adult Learning Assistant (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJuly 23, 2015
Pros: Flexible hours and staff, customers were great to work with!
Cons: Sometimes you have to work weekends
Overall i would recommend Girl Scouts to anyone who is interested in working with girls. The program provided is valuable to girls.
A once in a lifetime experience.
Girl Scout Camp Leader (Former Employee), Potawatomi Hills, WIMay 23, 2015
Working for the girl scouts was definitely an experience that I had never had before. I helped watch a troop of young girls, aged about eight years old, through activities and meals. It wad definitely different from babysitting seeing as it was a medium sized group of girls. It was a lot of fun, and loved spending time helping teach these young kids.
Great Learning Experience
Program Delivery Specialist (Former Employee), TXMay 22, 2015
Working at Girl Scouts was a wonderful experience. I was able to work with young Hispanic girls who struggle making friends, by helping them to get out of their shell.
A good opportunity to learn about the medical field.
Volunteer (Current Employee), Irvine, CAMay 4, 2015
Typically it is three hours a week.
Learn how to work with other people of different age groups.
Learn how to follow instructions
Improve time management skills.
Stable and productive environment.
Fun with Girl Scouts Inc.
Being A Girl Scout (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLApril 28, 2015
Pros: Free Lunch, Breaks, Laughter
Cons: Camping
A typical day doing Girl Scouts was having a Yard Sale by the Church and Girl Scout Cookie Selling. I learned the art of communication and the management was great. My other girl scout troupers were fun – more... and they made the experience special for me. The hardest part of the job was going on camping trips and the most enjoyable part of the job was having fun communicating with others and helping our community. – less
Activity
Girl Scout (Former Employee), Fort Washington, MDApril 25, 2015
Had meetings once a month to discuss cookies sales and volunteer work around the community. We have cleaned up communities, volunteered at nursing homes for the elderly, feed and clothed the homeless, and numerous other volunteer activities around the DC, Maryland, and Virginia area.
kid friendly enviroment and recreation
ASSISTANT UNIT LEADER (Former Employee), Spartanburg SCApril 21, 2015
Pros: great experience
i loved working with Girl Scouts. it was a very friendly enviroment where i learned how to plan activities, help to set up and help the girls with their badge work and other activities
Productive, team/family orientated staff and wonderful management and leadership
Receptionist (Former Employee), Harrisburg, PAMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Everything; honestly
Cons: no cons; honestly
No day was ever a typical day at GSHPA which is what made the job the most interesting. I extremely enjoyed being a part of an organization that gives back to the community.
GREAT PLACE TO WORK
VOLUNTEER (Current Employee), Oklahoma, TXMarch 13, 2015
Pros: fulfilled
Cons: low pay
If you want to be fulfilled in your job, this is the place to work. You will not be paid well, but it is a great place to work knowing that you made a difference.
I looked forward to seeing the girls. They were always so excited
Executive Field Director (Former Employee), Hobbs N.MMarch 3, 2015
There were not to many typical days, but I spent an average amount of time planing events, recruiting adult volunteers, going to my outreach programs at schools, and collaborating with businesses for funding. – more... I had the best boss. She was an asset to Girl Scouts and to all that had the pleasure of working with her . my co- workers were close and always passing ideas around for one another. the most challenging part of the job was recruitment of adult volunteers, and the most rewarding part of my job was seeing the girls happy faces. – less
Great way to meet new people
Leader of Northwestern Pennsylvania (Current Employee), Erie PAFebruary 17, 2015
Volunteering your time is worth it! Seeing the smiles on young girls and young women faces... lights up your heart. Need to be patient and willing to deal with children.
Best place to grow and learn
Outreach Program Specialist (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJanuary 23, 2015
I absolutely loved working for Girl Scouts. My co-workers were amazing and to to top it off, I had the best manager an employee could ask for.
Girl Scouts
Girl Scout Troop Leader (Former Employee), Norman, OKJanuary 17, 2015
I have been in girl scouts since I was a brownie! its a family friend kind of group!
Good
Marketing and Communication Manager (Former Employee), nyJanuary 8, 2015
Overall it was a good experience, My day was from 8am - 4:30pm. There were special events occasionally which I had to attend.
Being a Girl Scout leader is one of the most rewarding things I have ever done.
Troop Leader (Current Employee), King, NCDecember 17, 2014
Pros: leadership, learning, making goals, making my life so much easier
My position with Girl Scouts includes planning and organizing meetings as well as setting up camping trips and leading the girls and teach them important life skills. The girls have also taught me so many things like to live so much more than I have been. I enjoy leading the girls and making their lives so much better.
Positive Autmosphere with a Fabulous Drive!
Registration & Data Analyst Specialist (Former Employee), San Diego, CADecember 1, 2014
Pros: positive culture
Working at Girl Scouts had so many positives! The inspiration for success floats through the air in the office building! The team members encourage new ideas and allow for those ideas to come to life! The collaboration is breath-taking, which is why GS is so successful today! They truly stand by the Girl Scout Promise!