Girl Scouts of the USA Employee Reviews

Volunteer work
Junior level (Former Employee) –  Upland, CAJune 24, 2017
This was a great experience growing up. Provided many new experiences and helped prepare basic life skills. Such as communication and business educate.
Productive and accommodating workplace
Internal Recruiting Specialist (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJune 24, 2017
The organization truly values their employees. The salary is competitive for the region/sector. Management is open to new ideas and tries to improve in areas that they are able to. The mission and values are admirable.
Awesome people, awesome times
Girl Scout Troop Leader (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 22, 2017
Being a Girl Scout Leader sometimes can be stressful. But the girls make it all worth it. Talking to corporate is very easy. They are very environmentally friendly. They head lead over your troop will always check up on your troop.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSJune 21, 2017
Very friendly work place, get great learning skills about working with the community and helping others, not a hard place to work, workers are open to multicultural activity
Pros
Great and friendly work executives
Cons
Good lunch time
Girl Scouts is an outdated organization
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 20, 2017
The offer no work life balance and they are not progressive in typical modern technology. Management micro manages you and treats staff like they cannot be trusted. Hardest part of the job is 20 people have to touch your work before you can get anything done. The most enjoyable part of this job is the Movement with everything that goes on at the National level watching the GIRLS who come and visit the building and engaged in being a Girl Scout member makes you believe being apart of such an antiquated systems really matters
As a volunteer I believe in this program
First Class Scout (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaJune 19, 2017
I would recommend being a Girl Scout/volunteer to anyone. As a Life Time Member you never forget all of the things you learned along the way; it becomes part of who you are.
Girls programing
Data Entry/Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 19, 2017
I enjoyed working at Girls Scouts. Fun activities for the employees.
Helping volunteers and troop leaders learn the in and outs of the program system.
Pros
Week between Christmas and New Years off
Nice work enviorment
Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDJune 17, 2017
It was a great volenteering experience i learned a lot from my peers throughout the time i worked there. it was a fun experience didnt even feel like a job
Fun
Unit Counselor (Former Employee) –  Wakeman, OHJune 17, 2017
fun work environment, but making only $187.50 a week (24 hours a day, sunday-friday) was NOT enough money. Kids were awesome- though! Coworkers made me feel right at home.
Dedicated and motivated to build girls of courage, confidence and character who make the world a better place by guidance and parternering.
Volunteer Involvement (Former Employee) –  TexasJune 16, 2017
As a former Girl Scout, I enjoy sharing my knowledge of "country life and knowledge" to girls that have not been exposed to that knowledge. I enjoy teaching the girls agriculture and the life of understanding different types of trees, wildlife and other fields that they are not aware of by growing up in a city. Guiding Girls in planning, setting goals, carrying out and program and troop activities and meetings.
Pros
Teaching leadership, discipline and showing the girls how to lead by example.
Productive and fun workplace
Girl Scout (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAJune 16, 2017
I work with the younger Girl Scouts and we have fun. I have learned patience, a lot of patience, and I have learned understanding. I don't really interact with the management, but they seem to handle things very nicely. It is a very friendly and fun workplace. The hardest part of the job would have to be that we get pushed aside. The most enjoyable part is seeing the girls after they had a good day and a lot of fun.
Pros
Experience and friends
Cons
It can be challenging.
Non-profit organization
DIRECTOR OF PRODUCT SALES (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALJune 14, 2017
Wonderful co-workers, flexible schedule, helping girls
Interaction with volunteers and girl scouts was invaluable
Covered thirty counties in the state of Alabama
Bully atmosphere all the way
CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER/HUMAN RESOURCES (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJune 13, 2017
What a terrible atmosphere that does anything but demonstrate sound female leadership. The leadership was absolutely awful with staff - turnover rate of over 60% over three years.
Volunteer Work
Girl Scout (Former Employee) –  Warrenville, NJJune 13, 2017
I did a lot of volunteer work with the Girl Scouts. We donated Christmas presents to the less fortunate, cleaned up the Girl Scout camp, and did so many other wonderful things.
Helped me grow as an individual
Girl Scout (Former Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CAJune 12, 2017
I was a member, not an employee and gained insightful knowledge into the working world at an early age. Our "income" was how many cookies we sold and how many patches we got per activity required to complete. Most girls worked tirelessly to complete their assignments while others did the least amount needed.
Pros
Many Activities
Cons
Harsh Treatment
Premier Organization for Girls
Membership Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 9, 2017
The Girl Scouts of San Jacinto Council is the largest Girl Scout council in the country. It provides an excellent array of programs and enrichment experiences for girls.
Volunteer
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Tabor, IAJune 8, 2017
Did volunteer work with the local girl scouts group during my senior year. Fun group but other than volunteering projects we weren't up to much. I had hoped to go camping
Pros
fun group
Cons
no camping
Internship good opportunity to work with youth
Social Work Intern (Former Employee) –  Waite Park, MNJune 8, 2017
Although my internship was only 60 hours total, I learned a lot in a short amount of time. Girl Scouts is much more than just selling cookies once a year. They offer education that is important lifelong.
fun, fast pace
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZ 85711June 7, 2017
many friendly co-workers, fun environment, flexible, good job environment to learn in if first job. understanding, educational. communicate and learn.
Pros
free meals
ok
Internal Recruiting Specialist (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJune 7, 2017
The job is fine but there is no opportunity for advancement, performance based pay increase, or professional learning. This is a great entry level job, but there is high employee turnover due to lack of opportunity for advancement and dissatisfaction with senior management.
Pros
good hours, offers benefits
Cons
no opportunity for advancement, no performance based pay increase, little professional learning.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Girl Scouts of the USA. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval