Girl Scouts of the USA

Girl Scouts of the USA Employer Reviews

Not a job
Girl Scout (Former Employee), Ripon, WisconsinApril 15, 2014
This was not a job. I was part of Girl Scouts growing up. It was something I did to learn valuable skills.
advisor
Advisor (Former Employee), Hilo, HIApril 14, 2014
great opportunity to help other people and advance in my career and well being
great association
Member/Volunteer (Former Employee), Hopedale, MAApril 4, 2014
Learned a lot about leadership skills, volunteer work, and learned to work as a team with the other members.
After School
Activity Leader (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CAApril 3, 2014
This is the same as Boys and Girls Club; create lesson plans, ensure safety, track students homework. I started out with 9.50 an hour and became an activity leader two months after i started.
N/A
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee), TXMarch 28, 2014
Brief time there...Several internal issues were already going on. The structure created a pass the buck culture, which made it stressful to go to work.
The big sister I never had.
Girl Scout Member (Former Employee), Olympia, WAJanuary 31, 2014
Helped me grow into the young woman I am today. There is not much more to say, other than that I made some lifelong friends as well as memories in the 8 or so years I was a member of Girl Scouts. It helped me overcome many of my social fears and anxieties, which allowed me to express myself. Few experiences have been quite as valuable.
Great hanging with girls of diffent ages
Staff (Former Employee), Redlands, CAJanuary 30, 2014
Pros: loved every minute of it.
Cons: to short of time with the girls
Being around all those girls of differnt ages and back rounds was a real eye opener. I never knew what they did until I became a girl scout and had a blast doing so many fun activietys, such as hiking, swiming, and arts and crafts.
Productive,busy,and enjoyable.
Membership Specialist (Former Employee), TXJanuary 23, 2014
A typical day at work was very productive and busy. I believe that the hardest part of the job would be driving around the metroplex. Other than that making presentations and setting up appointments was enjoyable. My co-workers very friendly and helpful.
fun work place, producive atmosphere
Leader (Former Employee), Sumner, IAJanuary 7, 2014
Pros: great people to work with, good working atmosphere
Cons: short breaks, talking on the phone
Management was great, the people I worked with were fun, and mostly energetic.
It was an okay program
Girl Scout (Former Employee), Rochester, NYDecember 13, 2013
Overall this program as well as group was okay. We did a lot of great activities but the overall group wasn't as great as I had thought. The group leaders weren't very helpful when it came to getting help for things,
Good
VOLUNTEER (Former Employee), Fresno,CaNovember 26, 2013
Great place to volunteer.People are friendly and understaning
enjoyed being the people and the workers.
just a member (Former Employee), don't rememberNovember 11, 2013
Pros: very protective with us, did there jobs very well
Cons: nothing bad at all
I had fun being outdoors and the activities that we did,like being with different people and made a lot of friends,learn different things that we did.
working with children
co-leader (Former Employee), Bolingbrook, ILOctober 28, 2013
Pros: all
teaching and molding young ladies to be the best they can be for themselves and all others that cross their lifes path.
good environment
Volunteer Girl Scout Leader (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLOctober 27, 2013
I Roneshia, were a Volunteer for the Girl Scouts of the USA. I worked with the daisies.The kids loved me and I was attached. We did different activities such as planting daisies , going on field trips, going to the park. We did a lot of educational things.
Great Place to work
Leader (Former Employee), TXOctober 3, 2013
Pros: flexible
Fun, loving, and caring environment.
Management is very helpful and friendly.
This is the easiest job.
Girl Scout Troop Leader
Girl Scout Leader, Troop (Former Employee), Columbus, OhioSeptember 19, 2013
Pros: organization provided scholarships
Cons: fundraisers were mandatory to support troop's needs.
Awesome experience while serving as a volunteer Troop Leader; enjoyed mentoring and guiding girls to become professionals and to begin thinking about their future.
Girl Scouts helps Girls be more motivated.
Volunteer Co-Leader (Current Employee), West Linn, ORSeptember 10, 2013
My Girls love the things you do and learn in Girl Scouts, I helped the girls get to the goals they wanted to accomplish.
All positions impacted as GSUSA works to bridge gap between a dysfunctional culture & its outstanding values, award winning GS Leadership Experience.
Internal Consultant (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 3, 2013
Pros: know how to develop award winning programs and resource materials even if late to the party.
Cons: need to build effective collaboration with council staff, volunteers, alumni and funders for more timely communication, consensus, changes and funding.
I worked with an outstanding team and knowledgeable colleagues at National and the councils to build capacity and support the second century of Girl Scouting. No two days are the same, which attracted me to the position. I learned that the rate of change in the youth services field requires communication and change management to be accelerated, strengthened – more... and ongoing to keep up with and perhaps even get ahead of the curve.

I usually found the change management process tedious, incomplete, poorly integrated and very frustrating. Talented individuals face a constant uphill battle with a dysfunctional culture that waters down the Movement's superb values. Inefficiencies multiply from inadequate leadership, management, communication, funding and technology. The October 1 launch of a new customer-focused, project-based transformation is designed to yield the desired changes in culture and ways of work necessary to support our girls with the award winning Girl Scout Leadership Experience program and materials for another century.

The best part of any job at Girl Scouts is seeing the many ways our GIRLS impact our world. – less
It is a great place that gives opportunities to girls
Registrar/Retail Asst (Former Employee), INAugust 9, 2013
I enjoyed working with the girls and watching them develop into young ladies of our future.
ok
Administrative Assistant/Shop Clerk (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALJuly 24, 2013
it was a work study job and it was ok i would have rather not worked there but it was a job

1 2 3